• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Creepy Thread

XOKgL.jpg

Back when I was into LiveJournal me and a few friends started a community called 'Creepy'.
We had over a thousand members and had daily postings on the supernatural, cryptozoology or just a few random creepy pastas and personal experiences.
I thought maybe it would be fun for all those people that stay up late to come here and share personal experiences or stories you just stumbled upon.
Even some pictures and videos would suffice. I know theres a trhead where people are posting creepy pastas, but nothing else, so if there is a thread like this somewhere point it out to me.
Anyway to start out the thread, do you have personal experiences? Do you believe in the supernatural?
I myself haven't experienced anything paranormal YET, I would love to though. This summer I might actually head up to this city nearby, apparently there is a hotel there that is haunted so I MIGHT get to experience something, if not then oh well.

It's called The Fort Garry Hotel and from what I've heard there's a floor that is haunted by a female ghost, apparently she visits you at night and sits on your bed. I read somewhere that this one guest got locked in their room a few times at night.​

I do not believe in the supernatural. If ghosts and such did exist, why are some frequently visited by them and others not at all? There simply exists no rational basis for such a belief.

I too have heard similar stories have haunted hotels/mansions, however, take them with a grain of salt. If I find something more specific, I will post it here in the future.

I do not believe in the supernatural. If ghosts and such did exist, why are some frequently visited by them and others not at all? There simply exists no rational basis for such a belief.

I too have heard similar stories have haunted hotels/mansions, however, take them with a grain of salt. If I find something more specific, I will post it here in the future.
I like to read about stuff like this even though it passes through me like a gust. I like to try and collect as much stories as I can so I could pick them apart piece by piece. I am looking forward to going to this "haunted" hotel though, just to see what all the fuss is about and maybe prove to my friends that ghosts aren't real, and if I end up being proven wrong then.. It's cool I guess.

eye293a6b.gif

I love the supernatural and I'm actually a ghost hunter as a part of my colleges Paranormal Society. We've picked up a lot of evidence, and I don't see why you SHOULDN'T believe in ghosts. After all, some people don't see color quite as well and some people experience roller coasters differently. It's not that some people are more VISITED by ghosts, its that some are more AWARE of ghosts.

I completly agree with A_LINK, however i would rather believe in supernatural things. With that being said i really enjoy reading about them or watching TV programs focused on them. I dont believe in it, but i like the idea of it.

I love the supernatural and I'm actually a ghost hunter as a part of my colleges Paranormal Society. We've picked up a lot of evidence, and I don't see why you SHOULDN'T believe in ghosts. After all, some people don't see color quite as well and some people experience roller coasters differently. It's not that some people are more VISITED by ghosts, its that some are more AWARE of ghosts.
A ghost hunter? Any experiences you can share? I really love reading about personal experiences.

I was about 8 an I remember being in the alley behind the apartments ee were living in and (it was around 7 at night,was starting to get dark out) and I remember seeing silver and gold looking orbs, scared me to death I ran inside o_O

a few nights later, like all kids I made a fort/tent out of chairs an blankets around my bed and I saw the orb like things again under my bed needless to say I didn't sleep in that room again. And wasn't long after that we moved and I haven't seen those orbs since.

not sure what it was but I remember them very clearly.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I love this stuff. Creepy films (don't necessarily like gore though), scary games, and ghost stories are entertaining. My grandpa is a retired Aeronautical Engineer from WPAFB, die hard republican, and so rational and mathematical minded. Basically he is the LAST person you would think believes in ghosts. He told me as a child he lived with a ghost in a home that was a former funeral home. When I was 20, I used to live in an older apartment complex and was awakened one morning by a lady with long gray hair saying "get out, get out". I am super near sighted so I told myself for a few minutes that it was just my bad vision and a nightmare. Nope- I could hear her AND felt her presence. I believe there are times when their world and energy somehow connect with ours. I think the lame psychics like Latoya Jackson make it hard for some people to take legit psychics and people who work with paranormal activity seriously. Either that, or I watched too much X-Files with my mom growing up. She crushed hard for Moulder. LOL

Nearby through the line of trees there was a farmers field on the opposite edge it looked as if someone was just stood there. It was dark so we couldn't make anything out very well and couldn't even tell if it actually was a person, but we both just froze and stared at it for ages. No movement. I couldn't tell you how long we just sat there for as I honestly can't remember but it felt like a while. We both know the area pretty well due to frequent visits and I was racking my brains trying to remember if there was a postbox or gas outlet in that direction but couldn't bring anything to mind. Then we heard a rustle behind us. It was weird because we were both scared senseless by it yet neither of us reacted. We didn't want to spoil the silence and very slowly we turned our heads to see what it was. By now our eyes had adjusted to the streetlights in the distance and so everything behind us was completely pitch black. My friend just starred behind us and I decided to turn back, the figure was gone. Whatever it was it had just vanished and I couldn't even see the spot at which it was previously located. There was just trees and bushes.
tumblr_m3ndhffozR1ru7ftzo1_400.gif

Have you ever heard of the theory that spirits or demons are more active at around 3am? You said it was around 2:30am so I thought maybe it might be connected. Do you still live in that area? Do you have the guts to possibly go back and take pictures during the day? Otherwise this was a pretty good personal experience, really sent a chill down my spine and made me nervous.

A ghost hunter? Any experiences you can share? I really love reading about personal experiences.
Hmm...Let's see. I don't have anything real big, I mean, we don't usually count personal experiences as evidence usually.
There's a building we were investigating, and the hallway is usually frequented by what we believe are two child ghosts. We set up a K2 meter outside of a hotspot, as the hallway, especially the middle of it, is constantly full of electricity that sets the meter off. We decided to play Cumasaca or Down By the River depending on your region and left a gap for them to play. We would ask if they could light the meter up if they thought they had gotten out or someone else had and got pretty solid responses. But because of the hal there was a chance it might have been pulses of electricity. I like to think it was actually them responding.
We were in the English Lounge at some point, and I asked if the ghost like grammar because that was English and when we played the tapes back you could hear an old man going "Don't know" or "I know." A lot of times it's EVP's I get, because I don't always notice what's going on around me.

No, I can't stand creepy crap at all. Like, not only doesn't if effect my head for the rest of the day, it could be EXTREMELY HARD to get the image out of my head or the event that just happened. Like recently today. I get home from work (oh thats a mad house there too! I work at effing Victorias Secret and there is some ladies there that should NOT be buying what they bought for themselves **Shivers**) and then I see this ****-roach, sitting on my pillow. I flaberghasted. I screamed. I threw my phone at the bug so it would get off my bed.

anyways, lots of papers flying everywhere, me losing a shoe, and losing a contact, I kill the damn bug and I'm still currently washing my bed sheets so I don't get infected by the bug.

Me, I absolutely HATE roaches. That's the only thing that will scare the **** out of me.

Other than porta-pottys. ;___;

M

Miss Mari

Well if you really want creepy, try XanaUzumaki's Twilight abrigded, Mayor Bo. Now THAT is creepy

Dan

Although I don't believe in the supernatural I have to admit a lot of these posts are pretty interesting. Really enjoyed TheBlueReptile's post.
Although when I was young I really did believe in the supernatural. Mainly when I was sleeping and sometimes when I woke up it felt like I was falling from a 10 foot height. I'm sure I read somewhere it's something to do with the mind. I was extremely paranoid when I was young, I would always want my door open and the radio/tv on and I hated the dark.

Some strange occurrence happened once however when me and my friend were walking back in the dark and over a set of tree's was a strange flash, yet the skies were very clear so that was sort of odd.
The village next to mine apparently does have it's own set of "real" ghost stories. I even googled the village and there was even a ghost hunting report :P about a priest that walks around this ruin church.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom