• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Creepy Game Glitches or Console SNAFUs You've Experienced

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I was reading the article on ZD's homepage about the "haunted" copy of MM, and it got me to thinking about something that happened to me a few years back.

I was playing Silent Hill 2 late one night, and just finished the hospital. For those who may not be familiar with Silent Hill, it's in the survival/horror genre and rivals the Resident Evil series. At any rate, I had just walked out of the Hospital, then suddenly my TV and Xbox shut off at the same time. I know it wasn't a power surge because my stereo was still on and my clocks were still set, and it wasn't a short in the breaker for the power source to my TV & Xbox because the stereo was plugged into the same power strip, therefore it would've also turned off along with the TV & Xbox. I'm not claiming it was anything paranormal by any stretch .. I'm sure it was something electrical. But it was strange that those were the only 2 things in my apartment that lost power, especially while I was playing a game like Silent Hill. Needless to say it freaked me out.

Has any kind of game or console mishap ever happened to you that scared you or creeped you out?

The only ones I've experienced are the frustrating ones. It happened to me a few times where I was playing through a mission (doesn't matter which game, since it happened for more than once) then the game freezes right in the middle of it. Then I have to restart all over again from my last saved file.

I don't know if it fits into that category, unless we're talking about other forced glitches like the OoT uber challenge.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've experienced "random" crashing several times in Metroid Prime. They made me jumpy because I assumed something paranormal messed with the GameCube, but I looked into it and it turned out the crashing was actually "normal"! Apparently my version of the game crashes when I try to load rooms too fast! >.<

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Hmm... the creepiest thing happened to me and my friend (a guy friend) when we were doing 2 player on Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
We were in this boiler area and there are boilers filled with minerals on top (which weren't important) and so we had already failed the mission we played this tag game where if you got shocked you were it... so we did that and I was sitting on a legde next to a boiler pot and my friend was right behind me so I jumped and at that moment he shot a bullet at me and my head go stuck in the boiler. What was creepy was that it looked like I hung myself... Well we laughed until the next day I found out that my friend had hung herself (a different friend) .... weirdest part was she was found next to a broiler.... It was totally weird and I brought over my PS2 every time we played...

Hmm... the creepiest thing happened to me and my friend (a guy friend) when we were doing 2 player on Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
We were in this boiler area and there are boilers filled with minerals on top (which weren't important) and so we had already failed the mission we played this tag game where if you got shocked you were it... so we did that and I was sitting on a legde next to a boiler pot and my friend was right behind me so I jumped and at that moment he shot a bullet at me and my head go stuck in the boiler. What was creepy was that it looked like I hung myself... Well we laughed until the next day I found out that my friend had hung herself (a different friend) .... weirdest part was she was found next to a broiler.... It was totally weird and I brought over my PS2 every time we played...

I just have to say, that is quite possibly the creepiest thing I've ever heard in my life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom