• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Creepy Areas?

We got a large Hyrule to roam around and one of the most popular locales in Zelda are pretty creepy areas like graveyards. Are going to get one? I'd like to see a dark empty part of a forest where passerbys brings up legends of a ghost/creature roaming the area.

I hope they do something like that. Or maybe they could have a few characters or even a whole town that have really dark and depressing backstories. *cough*Majora's Mask*cough*

Maybe those moblin guys showed in the gameplay are dead people who were resurrected by Ganon and sent to kill everyone they see that is not with him.

There could even be a huge abandoned mine that you can explore and get a really cool prize at the end.

What if there was a dark backstory where the old kings of Hyrule used Gorons as slaves.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We got a large Hyrule to roam around and one of the most popular locales in Zelda are pretty creepy areas like graveyards. Are going to get one? I'd like to see a dark empty part of a forest where passerbys brings up legends of a ghost/creature roaming the area.

They should bring back Tingle tower. The creepiest locale ever seen in Zelda.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
For some reason, that cave behind the waterfall in Ikana valley always creeped me out.
Yeah, the whole Ikana canyon was done really well, I think it was creepier than the shadow temple even, since it was a less obvious creepy area. Obviously a graveyard and a temple full of chains and bars and blood is supposed to be creepy, and it was. A canyon though? You expect there to be people there but there are only two. They did a great job of making a unique creepy area without recycling old ideas, and I think that coming up with a new kind of creepy would be better than just having the whole 'graveyard as the scary area' thing again.

Yeah, the whole Ikana canyon was done really well, I think it was creepier than the shadow temple even, since it was a less obvious creepy area. Obviously a graveyard and a temple full of chains and bars and blood is supposed to be creepy, and it was. A canyon though? You expect there to be people there but there are only two. They did a great job of making a unique creepy area without recycling old ideas, and I think that coming up with a new kind of creepy would be better than just having the whole 'graveyard as the scary area' thing again.
Part of the reason that it is so creepy, is that there is so many ghosts and gibdos everywhere. The more you think about the creepier it gets. The said ghosts and gibdos show that Ikana Canyon used to be full of people. It just ends up very eerie.

We'll definitely get some creepy areas in Zelda U, most Zelda games at least attempt at least one creepy area like a graveyard or temple, so we wont need to worry about not getting one especially with how big the world is going to be.

As for the kind of creepy area I'd like to see... I think a creepy water based location would be nice. We've not really had a creepy water based location in a Zeelda game that i can think of so it'd be nice to see. Maybe the water could be poisonous like in MM and the greenery surrounding the area is dead and dying and skeletal-like trees and branches are reaching out of the water...

Creepy forests are good too but Zelda is heavy on forests so i'd like a little change of scenery.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
We'll definitely get some creepy areas in Zelda U, most Zelda games at least attempt at least one creepy area like a graveyard or temple, so we wont need to worry about not getting one especially with how big the world is going to be.

As for the kind of creepy area I'd like to see... I think a creepy water based location would be nice. We've not really had a creepy water based location in a Zelda game that I can think of so it'd be nice to see. Maybe the water could be poisonous like in MM and the greenery surrounding the area is dead and dying and skeletal-like trees and branches are reaching out of the water...

Creepy forests are good too but Zelda is heavy on forests so I'd like a little change of scenery.

How about a swamp area? That's forest and water, and they've only had one swamp in 3D Zelda games. It'd be pretty easy to make a swamp creepy too. Thick fog hanging over the muddy paths, sinkholes you can drown in, skeletal trees with moss hanging from the branches, the carcasses of animals who lost their way. Maybe lanterns guide you through a correct path across the mud flats and you need to figure out which are lanterns and which are Poes trying to lead you astray. Every so often you come across a spear shaft or a hand just coming out of the surface, a remnant of the last adventurer to attempt crossing the swamp. The boss for the temple could be a monster that reanimated the dead from the swamp and uses them as an outer shell, like Wart from MM (water temple mini boss) crossed with Jalhalla (earth temple boss) from WW . You have to cut through the bodies to get to the monster in the middle. Then there could be parts in the swamp where the hands of the dead try to drag you into the sink holes to drown and you have to fight them off. Just an idea.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd be surprised if they don't, and I really hope they do. When it comes to these big fantasy games, exploring vast fields, huge castles, etc. I love the change in pace that happens when you're suddenly sent into some dark, dank, creepy forest, like this screenshot:

42782f83a476c93f318f973dc28043d3.jpg

I'm sure Nintendo will ensure it's not too dark, they'll always have the family focus in mind (despite OoT scaring me as a child), but it's a great setting in contrast to typical fantasy settings. Do it, Ninty! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom