• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Creepiest Great Fairy

Which Great Fairy is the Creepiest?

• N64 Fairies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TWW/FSA Fairies

• Fairy Queen

• TP Fairy

• Fat ALttP Fairy

• Total voters

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Great Fairies of the 2D games tend to be your bog standard fairy--female, slim, wings, some even have little wands to wave. They conform to a classic image that most people are familiar with.

And then the 3D games came along.

The design of the Great Fairies didn't so much as take an odd turn as jacknife off the road and go screaming into the great beyond. They can all be described as being creepy in some way, but which is the creepiest?

And the nominees are:

First up we have the 1998-2000 Great Fairy (Nymphala Meretricem)

OoT_GreatFairy.png

- Too much make-up (what are they covering up?)
- Hair has a life of its own
- Always giggling about things without explaining why
- Made up of multiple lesser fairies which look like rabbits
- Constantly posing suggestively in the presence of a minor

Next up we have the 2002-2005 Great Fairy (Nymphala Alienus)

Great_Fairy_Bombs.png

- Two arms too many
- No legs, floats on a Coil of Mystery
- Blow lotus petals at people (no regard for possible allergies/hay fever)
- Live in clam shells underground
- Vapid, colourless eyes that stare through the soul

In addition we have the Fairy Queen (Nymphala Regina)

266px-Fairy_Queen_The_Wind_Waker_HD.png

- Weird clicking music in background
- Gives deadly elemental weapons of mass destruction to children
- Flirts with minors
- Is a little girl (inherently creepy)
- Carries a Nymphala Alienus as a doll

The fourth nominee is the 2006 Great Fairy (Intectus Nymphala)

410px-Great_Fairy_TP.png

- Uses hair as clothing substitute
- Enormous forehead
- Lives in a dark cave forcing people to fight monsters
- Bottles her tears (why are they purple?)
- Has wings that are poorly designed for flight

And a bonus nominee, 1991's Obesus Nymphala

FatFaerie.png

- Face like Wayne Rooney
- Tiny arms (they only reach her chest, is she a T-Rex?)
- Lives in a world of pure evil
- Where did the flowers in her hair come from?
- No really, what's with that face?

And there we have it. The question is which of these Great Fairies creeps you out the most and why? If none of them creep you out, well, maybe you're really one of them.

I find the N64 faire the creepiest since of the huge lack of clothing, heavily make up, weird laugh, and suggestive posing. Those things weirded me out as a kid too. Just why would you do that. And the being made out of other, fairies is weird too. I mean, come one, you using your minions to form a suggestive body in front of a little kid. It isn't right...

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I had to go with the N64 fairies. That scream/Laugh when the spring out of the water, their creepy Gerudo like appearance. Trying to pose all.... i dont know how to say this... ill stick with what everyone else is saying and say suggestive, in front of a child. what are they pedophiles. I found the OoT fairies really creepy when i was young!

The fat fairy made sense to me being a "dark world" counterpart to fairies, so i never thought to hard into it. But that Queen Fairy from TWW, being a lil girl for one is creepy. and something about that Great Fairy voodoo doll, i dont know, if it were not for the voodoo doll, i could look over the fairy being a child!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Goodness I don't see any other choice than the N64 Great Fairies, they were so creepy. The are very weirdly provocatively designed and huge and weird and their scream thing is ear shattering

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The N64 Fairies legitimately freaked me out as a kid, so I have to pick them. They occasionally find their way into my nightmares, even to this day!

Clank

Hmm
I would say the N64 fairies.

Off topic, but am I the only one that actually though the TP great fairy was kind-of pretty?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Fairy Queen hands down. Just plain creepy with the weird tickling music, the Great Fairy puppet and the fact that she is a child and a queen? Dunnow, I was weirded out by this one.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
What's with all the hate for the N64 design? I think they look awesome. They may only be beaten in beauty by the TP design. The N64 fairies actually look rather human, and I never minded the skimpy clothing. Their laugh also just sort of puts me in a good mood. Why would you guys hate them.

Anyway, the Alttp design is disturbing. It's so hideous. The face and body look misshapen. The whole thing just falls short of the lovely curves of the N64 design (thought they're really more like blocky polygons).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Easily Wind Waker's version. It looks almost Grudge-like and she has such an odd, empty expression. Oh and did I mention the four arms?

(also, love the Wayne Rooney comparison)

The N64 fairies by far. I'm sorry, her laugh was pure nightmare fuel and she looked like a drag queen.

Not to mention how sharp and pointy the various areas of her body were—her face in particular resembled some type of drag queen Mardi Gras mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom