• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Creepiest Dungeon?

Creepiest Dungeon?

• Forest Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goron Mines

• Lakebed Temple

• Arbiters Grounds

• Snowpeak Ruins

• Temple of Time

• City in the Sky

• Total voters

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Well this thread is self explanitory, which dungeon in Twlight Princess do you think is the creepiest?

If I had to choose mine would be Snowpeak Ruins. Something about that dungeon just creeps me out :( Also, if you look at the paintings on the walls they're of this creepy guy >.>

So discuss! :D

(I didn't see a thread like this but as always if there is could a mod kill this? Thanks :) )

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Does the "Palace of Twilight" count as a dungeon? That would be my choice if it does. There is actually nothing extremly creepy about it, but those hands, I do not like them and become stressed!

If it does not count as a dungeon, I will go with Arbiters Grounds. It was quite creepy with the crazy/freaky atmosphere it provided (so many lost souls).

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
Does the "Palace of Twilight" count as a dungeon? That would be my choice if it does. There is actually nothing extremly creepy about it, but those hands, I do not like them and become stressed!

If it does not count as a dungeon, I will go with Arbiters Grounds. It was quite creepy with the crazy/freaky atmosphere it provided (so many lost souls).
I really wanted to say Pallace of Twilight too, those hands mande me scared and i allways clench the remote tighter and it really dose make you feel stressed out! lol

C

cursemarkreid

I'd have to agree with the Arbiters Grounds. The other dungeons weren't anywhere near creepy. Also I never found those hands creepy either. They reminded me of Dead Hand's hands which only scared me as a kid.

Palace of Twilight, although more because I was being existantial and melancholic at the time.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Arbiters Ground -___- I hated them stinking Re-dead enemies.I was so on edge when they would come near me :S But I have to admit,the boss was EPIC!

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Definitely Arbitor's Grounds. Just all around creepy. I like it. :) The atmosphere, the enemies, the music...

Well this thread is self explanitory, which dungeon in Twlight Princess do you think is the creepiest?

If I had to choose mine would be Snowpeak Ruins. Something about that dungeon just creeps me out :( Also, if you look at the paintings on the walls they're of this creepy guy >.>

So discuss! :D

(I didn't see a thread like this but as always if there is could a mod kill this? Thanks :) )

I agree with you about the Snowpeak Ruins. You know the owners of the mansion and they help you, but something just seems off and creepy. It has the vibe of a haunted mansion. And the boss of the dungeon is a nice twist.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I agree with you about the Snowpeak Ruins. You know the owners of the mansion and they help you, but something just seems off and creepy. It has the vibe of a haunted mansion. And the boss of the dungeon is a nice twist.

Snowpeak is probably my second choice. It wasn't as creepy to me though as Arbitor's Grounds, because at least the people who own the mansion are nice. They are generally friendly and helpful to Link. He even gets to go snowboarding with them afterward! :cool:

Arbitor's Grounds, now that is downright creepy. An ex-prison on the outskirts of an empty desert. Yikes. :S

I'd say the most objectively creepy of the ones you listed is a tie between the Lakebed Temple and Arbiter's Grounds.

Arbiter's Grounds is clearly TP's "scary dungeon", so while it's creepy there's not a ton that can be said about it. It has the standard undead theme and plays off it the entire time. I was fond of how it mimicked a tomb, because it helped sell the undead theme more than usual. That said, I think it suffered from some elements of weak atmosphere and while it was pretty creepy most of the time, something about it never became truly scary, like say the Bottom of the Well in Ocarina of Time. Because of that I think it ties with the Lakebed Temple.

Now the Lakebed Temple, anyone who knows me well enough will realize that I have a specific fear that's a sort of underwater claustrophobia. Considering that the Lakebed Temple is at the bottom of a huge lake, and takes place in this underwater cave network, it definitely preys on that fear. That said, even objectively, I think the dungeon has a disturbing atmosphere. A major component of this was the music, which was just eerie. Arbiter's Grounds' song was creepy too, but it wasn't subtle. To use an analogy, it was kind of like if something jumped out at you to scare you rather than if they manipulate your emotions and tension. Arbiter's Grounds was explicitly creepy, but Lakebed Temple was more implicit I thought. The deeps are always supposed to contain intold horrors, and I think the culmination of the battles against the Deku Toad and Morpheel really helped accomplish that.

There was just enough sections of the Lakebed Temple that feel eerie. You're isolated. You're underneath everyone and everything. There's no one else down there and no one will be coming. You're alone, with nothing but the darkness and water. That's how I see the Lakebed Temple.

Palace of Twilight was also creepy, though it isn't on the list. Some of the interior sections were eerie and the Zant's Hands were kinda nerve wracking, but I think the worst part is outside the palace and on the balcony, where there's just this void of sky beneath you. It's far more disturbing than the City in the Sky, because you don't know what it is. It's just nothingness. Freaks me out. Of course there's also the creepy moaning Twili guys. :lol: But I don't think it's as bad as the Lakebed Temple.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Arbiters Grounds by far. The Forest Temple follows closely, but Arbiters is just this torture house with skulls all over spiky torture devices and such. It's not creepy like Beneath the Well or anything, but it's pretty freaking disturbing.

arbiters grounds is like a haunted house!im walking,i hear a redead scream i start to tremble... i turn around nothing there i start to continue BAM!a redead RIGHT next to me and it starts hiting me!the forest temple was kinda creepy i was worried some thing was always just around the corner waiting for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom