• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Creation of the Master Sword?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
In OoT it is stated that the ancient sages created the master sword, and in skyward sword, link creates it from the sacred flames. The creation of the master sword is a little bit confusing but if you look at it from a realistic way the story of how the master sword was created could have been modified through out time like how in real life many stories get change because people may remember it differently and their opinion gets more recognized. so maybe the story in OoT is just what the hylians in that time believed on how the master sword was created.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The story was most likely modified because of Fi's good ol saying that oratory tales are the worst way to keep hold of the true happenings. But, if you look at it from a certain point of view, you might even say that SS' Master Sword Creation Story was a what-if in itself, and OoT's recount is the true account. I don't have any hard proof for what I'm saying, but take into account that Skyward Sword was but a legend in itself. OoT was, as well, so perhaps I'm just taking sides here?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
ok how about this all the zelda games are wrong and there is no timeline and that there is now path leading one to another and only ones that state a connection are true.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Because the fans clearly give a bigger damn for the stories than Nintendo ever will.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
No need to hate the timeline, where it not for it, we would not be here, where do you see this discussions in a Mario forum (yes, they exist!), it's frustrating, but it's like the Star Wars prequels, part of their redeeming beauty is too trash them.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
(sorry for the bump btw)...I don't think the stories contradict each other at all. There are quite a few references to the sages all through-out Skyward Sword. There's six different species depicted in the intro as well as one particular person from each species that aids Link greatly on his quest. Plus Link created the Master Sword, we don't know who created the Goddess Sword. ;)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Judging how there were more than one games with sages, is it not possible that SS flames was the first method, and then throughout time sages helped keep it "The Master Sword." They may have even kept it that way in a case of which the fires extinguished?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The creation of the Master Sword is set in stone, the sword was created in SS and more likely as not the tale passed on got more and more distorted, and so the legend didn't reflect the truth, that or SS Link became a sage in his later life.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
You can say "well, it's because it's a legend and legends get obscured" but without evidence, I'm more inclined to believe it's simply a continuity fail. It'd be different if it were a minor change or some details were left out like the passed down legend in SS, but severe details like who actually made the Master Sword... I don't think so. Not saying that it's not possible, just saying that the evidence supporting that claim is severely lacking.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Didn't it say that Hylia created the Goddess Sword?

I think we can consider Hylia a Sage, considering OoT-Zelda is both a Sage and Hylia. Then, the Sage(s) did create it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom