• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Create a Petition to Re-release Ooa and Oos on 3ds Eshop?

What do you guys think about creating a petition to let Nintendo know that there is an intrest in releasing OOA and OOS on the 3ds eshop so that every one can have another chance to play these two classic games? Me personally I would love to play them again seeing how those where the first two zelda games I have ever played.

I don't believe a petition to re-release the Oracle duo is necessary. Logic dictates that Nintendo will re-release both titles on the eShop in due time especially considering they are two of the best games on the Gameboy/Gameboy Color and are rare to find nowadays. Moreover, they use the same engine as Link's Awakening therefore porting them should not be difficult. My sole request is for all original features to be present unlike Link's Awakening DX which cut some of its primitive photographic functions on the 3DS.

Dan

Of course they will release it, if it get's them money why not ? I would like to play these games too, I hear they are JJ's favourites.:D

We've already got a pertiton to bring Majora's Mask to the 3DS, I don't think another pertition to bring other Zelda games to the 3DS would be a wise idea. As much as I love to have these games on my 3DS, I have doubts that they will release the Oracle Games on the Virtual Console(mainly because of the Ring transfer between the two games that required a GB Link Cable), but if for somewhat reason they do release them then I'll be suprised.

Last edited:
We've already got a pertiton to bring Majora's Mask to the 3DS, I don't think another pertition to bring other Zelda games to the 3DS would be a wise idea. I have doubts that they will release the Oracle Games on the Virtual Console(mainly because of the Ring transfer between the two games that required a GB Link Cable), but if for somewhat reason they do release them then I'll be suprised.

I don't understand why you believe they wouldn't re-release the games because one feature is missing. As I mentioned before, the print peripheral for the Gameboy/Color was naturally not compatible with the 3DS and the option was cut from Link's Awakening DX. That said, I see no reason why ring transfer couldn't occur if WiFi functionality was added to allow for that. I do doubt that Nintendo would incorporate online capabilities of an kind in a VC release, however.

I don't understand why you believe they wouldn't re-release the games because one feature is missing.

It's just that Games that connect to each other via cables haven't been put on the Virtual console at all, an example of this is Pokémon Stadium. That's why I have doubts. I'm not counting Link's Awakening because that doesn't connect to another game.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
The Link connection was completely optional, and everything done on the Link cable could be done via secrets (passcodes generated by the game, and then entered into the other game) The Link cable only made this easier the writing something down and entering it in manually, it wasn't at all required for the features that used it.

I'm all for the Oracle games being released for the 3DS eShop, though as ALIT said, I don't think a petition is necessary. These games are very likely to be available on the Virtual Console for it eventually, if not rather soon. A petition may bring the games to us quicker, but I highly doubt it's imperative for them to be released on the 3DS eShop.

In pertinence to the link cable transfers, that shouldn't be a hindrance in porting the games to the 3DS. What I think Nintendo could do is make it so that the player can purchase both games and connect them directly on the 3DS; or to make things simpler, the Oracle games could be sold as one in order to make the connecting easier. I'd like to see something like that implemented. Also, there's no need for a miniscule change to the game such as that to create a roadblock in the transportation from the GameBoy Color to the 3DS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm in full support of OoX coming to the 3DS as they're two of my favorite handheld games ever and my favorite handheld Zeldas more importantly, if we don't count ALttPGBA. Like most others have stated already, I don't think a petition is necessary at this time. Nintendo has Zelda 3DS, Zelda Wii U, and more likely than not, the theoretical MM3D on their plate to deal with. Yet another petition might cause the company to snap under pressure...or something.

Now about that Link cable dealio. I myself am a professional link cable user due to err...nefarious manners of using link cables. Whatever you can do with the link cables in OoX can be done with the passwords you get ingame. Or, alternatively, you can basically unlock everything using this nifty program called ZeldaPasswords, the link for which I won't provide (iirc it is on ZD main site, could be wrong). Once again, link cables aren't necessary in the slightest of ways, they're simply there as a substitute for using the Passwords feature...a quicker substitute, might I add, but still unnecessary.

masterSword2

Smile!
If they are realeaed for the e-shop, (which based on what I've read so far seems likely)it would increase my desparation to have a 3ds by a lot, as they are 2 of the few LoZ games I have yet to play. That aside, I think releasing then would be a good idea. Giving fans of the series who wouldn't otherwise have acess to these games cant be a bad move. I'm all for it:)

So seems like everyone is pritty well saying a petition could be to much right now for getting these games. Now could you see a problem with them rereleasing these games based on they where developed by Flagship/Capcom? Mabe this is why they havent been able to put it out on the e-shop yet.

Well Zelda II is already announced for Q4, it seems they are moving through the games, eventually they will release the Oracle games I'm sure. Here's a link to upcoming releases, shop included:

Nintendo

Fig

The Altruist
I don't think there needs to be a petition to re-release the Oracle games as Nintendo will probably release them again for Nintendo 3DS eShop. It will take some time though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom