• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crash Bandicoot

Has anyone here played the Crash Bandicoot games and if you have what are you thoughts? I have been playing them since 1997. My favorite in the series is Crash Bandicoot 2 Cortex Strikes Back. The games are so much fun. I think the series declined after CTR (Crash Team Racing) was released in 1999. I have played some of the ones that was released in the decade of the 2000's. I did enjoy them but they failed in comparison to the first four in the series. Crash Twinsaninty, I thought was the best since CTR. They released a few more games after Twinsaninty. The ones I've played were decent at best in my opinion.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yes, I have played them, surprisingly. I'm not going to go into my history with the franchise, as that would take damn near ages. My favourite of the original platformers is the second, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. I spent the most time playing Crash Team Racing, however, which is one of the best racing games I've ever played.

Later titles on the 6th and 7th generation consoles have been cool, certainly not as good, but they get too much hate, I reckon. In particular, Crash Tag Team Racing is one of the most entertaining games I own. The only truly bad Crash Bandicoot game is Crash Boom Bang on the DS. Just a pure rubbish party game.

Crash hasn't had a game since 2008, outside of the App Store, at least. Forget those generic racing games, I wants me another platformer.

Last edited:

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
Crash Bandicoot.....neurgghhhhh NOSTALGIA ATTACK.

I loved - no wait - still love Crash Bandicoot I've spent years of my childhood getting every single crystal, gem, relic etc. Strangely enough I never had the first game or CTR, but I did have 2-Cortex Strikes Back, 3-Warped, Crash Bash, (4)-Wrath of Cortex, Nitro Cart, Tag Team Racing and Twinsanity.
Warped and Twinsanity are my favorites...however...I never got to finish Twinsanity because you need a Dualshock 2 controller and all of them had broken so I was using a PS1 controller. Wahaahahaahahaaahahahhhh

Hang on...

£7 on Amazon....hmmmm

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Who didn't love Crash Bandicoot back in the day?

Was a great game, loved it on the PS1! Never would have thought the guys behind that would then go off to develop The Last of Us. What a change.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I had a lot of fun playing it back in the PSone days, I think 3 was my favourite. I do occasionally play the X-box one, but I tend to redo my favourite levels rather than do a full playthrough, lol

I never liked them much, i didnt like Crash as a character and the running at the screen tendancy he had kind of aggravated me, the only Crash game i've played to the end of was XS on the GBA. Klonoa is much better :P

Salem

SICK
I have played the ps1 crash games, the platformers and crash team racing and crash bash.... I preferred the platformers though. The last one I played is Wrath of Cortex.

The PS1 games and Wrath of Cortex were awesome,I've played the GBA games a bit,but I didn't beat any of them and I never played the new games.

Wow I made this almost 6 years ago since that time I've played and beat the N. Sane Trilogy on the PS4 in 2017 and the Switch on 2018 and now in less than a week i'll be playing CTR Nitro Fueled on the PS4 and later the Switch!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I have really fuzzy memories of playing crash 3 when I was little, but I didn't really go into the series until I was able to play them on the ps3 through psn, I played twinsanity a couple years ago and that's probably my favorite one

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I grew up with Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped on the original Playstation and still have very fond memories of it. My brother had a very limited selection of games for the Playstation and Crash Bandicoot 3 was a standout for me and all of my siblings as we frequently played it.

My brother then got the Wrath of Cortex on the PS2 and while we did play it quite a bit, I just don't have as much love for it. I remember it being very difficult, though, mainly in its terrible gimmick levels.

I've always wanted to play Twinsanity but for some reason, it never came to Gamecube and it just ended up escaping my childhood. Though I was recently able to get my hands on it for the PS2 which I didn't personally own growing up. Looking forward to trying it someday.

The only other nostalgia I have for Crash are the GBA games. I gotta say, I think these games are very underrated. Crash has had many 2D sections in the original games, and it just translated so well on the GBA. I can't really differentiate the 2 in my head right now, but I think I do recall liking The Huge Adventure more than N-Tranced, though I definitely enjoyed them both.

I played through Crash of the Titans on both DS and Xbox 360. Never got around to Mind Over Mutant but I have it. I thought it was pretty fun. Definitely different to what I was used to, but it wasn't exactly terrible in any way either.

I ended up playing through Crash Bandicoot 3 all by myself for the first time on PS3 through PSN in 2015 and I actually have been playing through it again in the N Sane Trilogy on Switch.

Before that though, I finally got the chance to play through the first 2 games on the N Sane trilogy on PS4 when that originally released. I didn't think the first one would be so basic in terms of Crash's moveset, which I think contributed to its difficulty as you need to be way more precise with your jumps. The change in physics for the remake couldn't have been much help either, but I definitely didn't have an easy time with it.

Crash 2 on the other hand was a lot better and more in line with what I liked about Warped, but Warped is still definitely my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom