• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cows?..

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Romani never uses the word "aliens".
She only refers to them as "them" or "they".
Even though the method they use to abduct cows is very alien-ish, we can assume that they are poes.

Hmm, that makes me think. Some of us think "Them/They" are aliens. But yes, I agree, they did look a lot like poes, even look at the practice balloons! Anyway, as I was saying, "They" could be poes and poes are ghost like enemies, correct? Hehe, funny. Alien-ghosts. :P

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Hmm, that makes me think. Some of us think "Them/They" are aliens. But yes, I agree, they did look a lot like poes, even look at the practice balloons! Anyway, as I was saying, "They" could be poes and poes are ghost like enemies, correct? Hehe, funny. Alien-ghosts. :P

Yes, poes are ghosts, spirits, if you prefer.
And it's true that some people refer to aliens as "them/they", but, lots of people do that concerning ghosts/spirits as well.
So still in a draw, here

G

Gokou

What? There is aliens in MM? That is... awful. Stupid and awful. I apologise then, I never expected them to include aliens in any Zelda. I thought they had more sense than that. As to UFO's putting the cows underground.... I am unsure. There are none in OoT, perhaps they are Termina specific?

You're missing the point of how mysterious and dark Majora's Mask really is. Once second you're fighting aliens, the next you see a man dancing a mushroom looking boulder then some random hand busts out of the toilet.

As for the cows...It most likely just Nintendo putting secrets in to get milk to gain life back later.

There are some inside Jabu-Jabu in the Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I figure that the great fish likes beef, but is unable to digest the cows, so they just hang out inside him, undigested, being cows.
Epic post, Shaddlez! :xd:

Anyway, I think the whole thing doesn't really hold significance. They likely placed the cows in the underground grottos as they did with other strange objects to either just be weird or add a little more to the cave.

That or they wanted more places for you to get Lon Lon Milk. I think that is the most likely of all the possibilities, as it would be a lot harder to obtain without them. I myself used them on several occasions.

Poe_Salesman

Heh heh hee...
You know what happened? Lon Lon ranch tried out-sourcing their product to other Hylians (such as the Zoras, Gorons, Kokiri, etc.) who then got tired of the whole business. They all got together and decided that it was too cruel to kill the cows, but that it was better to let them "loose" in the wild and wait for them to die on their own. Of course, by "loose" they really meant "in deep dark hole where it is more likely that they'll die. After commiting the horrible deed they informed Talon and company that the cows had turned rabid and therefore had to be slaughtered. And you know what? Lon Lon Ranch should start selling milk AND steak.

If you think that's weird, u need to play OoT: Master Quest! In jabu-jabu's belly there are cow heads on the walls. They are used as switched that you shoot, amoung other things. check it out, u'll be weirded out.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
In MM, they're even at the bottom of the well in Ikana, sure we know that we need them for then Gibdo trading thing, but hoes a cow get down there in the first place?! o_O;;?!?!

D

Deku Scrub

Methinks we have Mole-cows in our midst.

But I have to admit that I have never heard of any cows in hidden places in the ground until now. I haven't really investigated through hidden holes and caverns enough to have found anything.

Maybe Romani buried the cows in secret storage places underground so "they" couldn't get them, and she never got the chance to dig them up. :P

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Come off it. When has Zelda ever had reference to aliens? Its medieval, not Sci-fi.

The obvious explanation (the one which no one wants to hear) is that they are just there because Nintendo wanted to use them as an easter egg. However, I think everything in Zelda, no matter how obscure, has to have some actual explanation. Just because its more fun that way.

A plausible yet ridiculous explanation is just merely that the cow(s) were grazing and fell into one of the holes, then being a cow couldn't climb back out. However, I remember there being one if these cows on top of death mountain, where there is no grass, so I don't see how that explanation could be valid.

Another explanation, is that there is a cow hater in the world of hyrule who gets some form of sadistic delights from trapping cows down holes. Again, incredibly unlikely.

The most believable explanation, is again ridiculous. It is that these are a special breed of cows, who strive in dark dingy areas I.E underground caves. And, therefore, when they are born, they hunt for a hole -or maybe even dig their own,- climb into it, and live happily ever after.

Dude while the game is medeval it's nearly impossible that mideval people (real world) and farther back didn't see them. and also did you see an advanced metal ufo? No. Aliens are valid for any time period even something as far back as mideval times.

Zarom

The King
In MM, they're even at the bottom of the well in Ikana, sure we know that we need them for then Gibdo trading thing, but hoes a cow get down there in the first place?! o_O;;?!?!

They put the cows at random places so we can have milk from them. In the bottom of the well, a cow was placed there to actually have milk, since there is a gibdo who wants calcium. :)

N

Nejiron

Regarding the alien/ghosts in Romani Ranch, when you talk to Cremia, she complains that Romani is afraid of "ghosts" so "they" are probably ghosts.

Steve

5/19/13
I think this is just one of those things you can't look too far into. Honestly, I think Nintendo put them there for milk, cut and dry. If it was Them though, I'm not sure why'd they just take cows, then hide them, I would think the cows would serve some kind of purpose to Them.

TIn the bottom of the well, a cow was placed there to actually have milk, since there is a gibdo who wants calcium. :)
I will say, if this is the case, then perhaps they're actually good beings trying to help people including Link on his adventure.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
I've always thought of Them being aliens, they abduct cows... Have you ever heard of a ghost abducting a cow? I sure haven't lol.. Aliens though.. they do it all the time.. <.<... THEY'RE EVERYWHERE MAN... THEY'RE IN THE TREES!

A

Anthony

I belive that the Cows where just placed randomly around the Zelda Universe,
some where just to fill space, so that there are some interesting things in empty area's.
Otherwise, I beive that Nintendo purposely placed some of them, just for humour.

Who cares if aliens showed up in a Zelda game? And don't compare the Zelda series to an actual era that happened in real life. Zelda is not medieval (nor is it based during those ages), it is fantasy. If a fictional character can shoot beams from his sword and goes on a quest to save a princess from an evil demon lord while fighting monsters, then anything can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom