• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Couple Questions

P

PapaParty

First off,
Hey I'm Dave kinda new to this and got some questions about time line bzness.
First off I got into this when I saw the gt video. So I started looking around.

*Question #1. Why does on the page of developer quotes say that

Miyamoto's Order is (bias) - If it is bias then null out that part of Q#2
From the site: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-theorizing/93829-developer-quote-guide.html

->Deductive reasoning of these quotes can further imply that the "Miyamoto Order"is still valid (bias)

**Question #2. Am I correct by stating these facts with quotes?

--(Miyamoto Order) Legend of Zelda/Adventure of Link - A link to the past
1999 "...The order of the stories is: Ocarina, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, A Link to the Past...."

--OoT splits the time line ( I don't think we need that quote :p ) and it comes first
1998:"Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past."

I'm sure that's blah blah to you. That leaves us with this am I correct?

OoT -> MM
WW -> PH (Adult Timeline -quoted-)
LoZ -> Z2 -> AttP

(These are connected but there could be gaps)
MC --> FS -> FSA

LA - Can be placed anywhere after OoT
1998 quote...

TP - is on the Child timeline

2006 - Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time.

P.S
I think there's a gap in between MC and (FS or FSA w/e )
As far as I know (where you guys also can correct me some more) is this here:

OoA and OoS ( are either following each other or same time on separate time line) - Haven't played em -

P.S.S I trust in the developer quotes because they (in quotes ;P) confirmed there is a time line

Edited Section For Stuff I learned from you guys.
...................../(---Anywhere-------WW/PH------------)................................
MC - FS - OoT (Valid bcz someone said a Nin. guy said FS comes first)................
.....................\........................................................................................
........................MM (This connection here isn't confirmed) LoZ/AoL - FSA - LttP..

If my assumption is correct, that section there is pretty absolute, except for the part between MM and LoZ

So I'm left with TP, the OoX and LA

Last edited by a moderator:

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Well, as far as we know yes the split is confirmed as:

.......MM
....../
OoT
......\
.......WW

MM being part of the CT and WW being part of the AT, MM is OoT's direct sequel if you go along the CT but WW isn't OoT's direct sequel, just the sequel of OoT for the AT..... Also of course it is LoZ/AoL - ALttP... but most of us think that LA is a dirrect sequel to ALttP so LoZ/AoL - ALttP/LA, and TP was definately confirmed on the CT... it does definately go MC - FS - FSA, the rest as long as you can back up with refrences then you can put them wherever you like, either way any timeline you post will be ripped apart, don't take it personal. It happens to all of them.. Good luck

P.S. I may have forgot some things, it is 5 am.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It's quite simple.
As new games were released, he saw fitful to change some statements.

Also, it IS confirmed that FS(NOT FSA) is before OoT, because, once the game was released, either Shigsy or Eiji said that FS was the oldest game in the "legend".

And TP is confirmed to be a non direct sequel of MM

P

PapaParty

Alright so if that's true then something like this at the start MC - FS - OoT? I still like how gt put FS(A) I dunno before AttP, because of the whole vaati thing relates to ganon.

Yeah FSA is before ALttP (or so me and may believe) as Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword at the end of FSA and then in ALttP we see a broken Four Sword and Ganon is now back implying that Ganon broke fro the sword but remains sealed in the Dark World. There are other reasons and Im sure somebody else can explain much better than me.

Can I add a small question to this instead of adding a new thread
Are their two Hyrulean Civil Wars (MC BS and the OOT BS) or are they the same as they seem very similar?

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Yeah FSA is before ALttP (or so me and may believe) as Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword at the end of FSA and then in ALttP we see a broken Four Sword and Ganon is now back implying that Ganon broke fro the sword but remains sealed in the Dark World. There are other reasons and Im sure somebody else can explain much better than me.

Are their two Hyrulean Civil Wars (MC BS and the OOT BS) or are they the same as they seem very similar?

I don't remember that in ALttP, do you have any Screen Shots? Also, I don't remember any confirmation with FS being the oldest. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't seen it.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
It's quite simple.
As new games were released, he saw fitful to change some statements.

Also, it IS confirmed that FS(NOT FSA) is before OoT, because, once the game was released, either Shigsy or Eiji said that FS was the oldest game in the "legend".

False.
In between the releases of FS and FSA, when asked about the timeline, Aonuma said that he was trying to unite the games into a timeline, but he hadn't succeeded at that yet.

When asked where FS went (the very next question), he said "we are thinking it's the oldest tale", emphasis mine.

I don't think "we don't have a timeline yet, but this game might go here" is anywhere near "confirmed".

I don't remember that in ALttP, do you have any Screen Shots? Also, I don't remember any confirmation with FS being the oldest. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't seen it.

Im not sure how to post pics on here but it was the last dungeon on the gba version of the game just type it in youtube or something. Im assuming you only played the SNES version which it wasnt on

P

PapaParty

When asked where FS went (the very next question), he said "we are thinking it's the oldest tale", emphasis mine.

[/QUOTE]

Well that is true but even if things are confrimed they can change so basicly what Numa was saying is that as far as we think up ourselves atm it goes there.

So For now until they make an older tale I'm guessing or make a game that will move **** around. FS is after MC and those two are before OoT,

I'm putting all the stuff that I'm learning at the bottom of my original post to show so far atm what's mostly been confirmed

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

MC BS has nothing to do with OoT's BS.
Wether MC is before OoT or After, never forget that OoT Link was born during the war on OoT's BS, so, it's highly unlikely that the two are the same.

Also, notice that the hero on the BS of MC, even though it has resemblance with Link, it is called Gustaf(who is "The Hero of Men"), while on OoT's BS there's not even a single hero is mentioned

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
MC BS has nothing to do with OoT's BS.
Wether MC is before OoT or After, never forget that OoT Link was born during the war on OoT's BS, so, it's highly unlikely that the two are the same.

Also, notice that the hero on the BS of MC, even though it has resemblance with Link, it is called Gustaf(who is "The Hero of Men"), while on OoT's BS there's not even a single hero is mentioned
Oh sweet Din I could punch a wall right now.

The Hero of Men is not ever even remotely implied to be Gustaf. GameTrailers.com lied in their video and said the game called him that, when it never did in any way.

He's not Gustaf.
Look at the stained-glass window depiction of him. He's just a Link that hasn't been given (and likely won't be given) a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom