• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Countdown to Skyward Sword Release!

Zorth

#Scoundrel
They can't afford to delay the game to 2012..
I'm sure it will release in mid to late October or early November.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Localization shouldn't take so long. I mean, all they are really doing is creating manuals for multiple languages, cleaning up/remaking boxart for different regions, and editing ingame text for the other languages. If you have a good translator, translating all of the text in the game shouldn't take more than a week or so - add about another week or so for adding foreign character support, usually Zelda game boxart for any two regions are the same excluding a different shade, and the manuals really shouldn't take much long at all. Once all that is done, all they do is drag the SS game file and mass produce game discs.
SS is pushing for a worldwide release so they may be rushing it, but who knows?

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Localization shouldn't take so long. I mean, all they are really doing is creating manuals for multiple languages, cleaning up/remaking boxart for different regions, and editing ingame text for the other languages. If you have a good translator, translating all of the text in the game shouldn't take more than a week or so - add about another week or so for adding foreign character support, usually Zelda game boxart for any two regions are the same excluding a different shade, and the manuals really shouldn't take much long at all. Once all that is done, all they do is drag the SS game file and mass produce game discs.
SS is pushing for a worldwide release so they may be rushing it, but who knows?

Also it was confirmed more then a month ago that it was going to be well under localization soon, we should get the release date soon:D.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I expect we get the date around Sept if anything, and I'm hoping for late November/early December release. I don't care if it overlaps with some of the other games on the Xbox/PS3 - sales will be hurt with or without that hindrance because many people just assume things. Also, I just wanna play Zelda! xD

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I get this great feeling whenever I think about Skyward Sword's release. I look back at all the Zelda games that I've played, then I get goose bumps because I know I'm about to get a great game.

Infernape

WASABI! (" L,")
cant wait

i cant wait till it comes out ive already pre-ordered it. :lol: does anyone know anything about the game being bundled with a special gold wii remote with a triforce on it. :)

I am hoping for the release to be in early november, though thats probably being hopful

Last edited:
Thanks OP, your thread has inspired me to once again reflect about the masterpiece that Skyward Sword is shaping up to be:

The game is shaping up to be nothing less than phenomenal, in my opinion. The beautiful artstyle, which is - I dare say - satisfyingly unique compared to other games, will without a doubt leave its mark on the franchise as a whole, which is a really good thing! I think this magical yet somehow realistic artstyle manages to represent our beloved legend perfectly. For Zelda is best described as a heroic fairy-tale, after all.

Then there's the story and characterization. I really love how characters show their emotions through these smooth facial expressions. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game and opens a huge amount of possibilities in terms of story-telling, which, by the way, is amazing (in case you haven't watched / forgotten about the cutscene before the fight with the Demon Lord, watch it now!). The story provides the creation of the Master Sword, the possible rise of the Royal Family, a new take on the Triforce Legend itself, mysticism and much more we don't know yet, and together with these unique character constellations and character development Skyward Sword is poised to be a very satisfying experience.

But what could Skyward Sword truly achieve without its need for music? What I've heard so far from the game is really filling me with joy. I knew I'd like its soundtrack when I first heard the strangely familiar main theme in the GDC trailer, but what really amazed me was the dark and mysterious Sky Temple Theme, the epic Stalfos orchestra and, last but not least, the flamboyant theme of Ghirahim. I can't wait to hear more! Hell, even this sweet disney-ish tune after Link saves Zelda from leaping into her death is magical in its own way!

I can't say anything about the gameplay and the use of Wiimotion plus, except that I really want to try it for myself!

That being said, I think November seems like a reasonable release-month. We still have some more months to go, but what are some more months if we've been waiting for five whole years?

geek4887

The Unknown
Man, all this hype about Skyward Sword makes me want to explode. I still don't have as much expectations as TP(I don't want a repeat of Zant), yet who knows? It may beat OoT or not. Only time will tell. Starts playing Song of Time

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
i cant wait till it comes out ive already pre-ordered it. :lol: does anyone know anything about the game being bundled with a special gold wii remote with a triforce on it. :)

I am hoping for the release to be in early november, though thats probably being hopful

Actually, that prediction is spot on, and seeing how the game is pretty much done (they should be done localization in a month or two) we should expect a November release at the lastest!

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
I think that September might be a better release date for SS. Because several really good games are coming in November, and they might be coming for the Wii. It looks like MW3 is coming for the Wii and maybe the other game. It would make more sense to make SS come out before that, to increase sales.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think that September might be a better release date for SS. Because several really good games are coming in November, and they might be coming for the Wii. It looks like MW3 is coming for the Wii and maybe the other game. It would make more sense to make SS come out before that, to increase sales.

Skyward Sword is easily the most anticipated Wii game this year, and no Call of Duty port could detract from it's sales. And how dare you say "several really good games are coming in November, and they might be coming for the Wii?" Wii owners, and Nintendo fans will buy Skyward Sword no matter what, especially if they release it during November, when mamas everywere go out and buy games for their little dumplins (kids).

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
Skyward Sword is easily the most anticipated Wii game this year, and no Call of Duty port could detract from it's sales. And how dare you say "several really good games are coming in November, and they might be coming for the Wii?" Wii owners, and Nintendo fans will buy Skyward Sword no matter what, especially if they release it during November, when mamas everywere go out and buy games for their little dumplins (kids).
I am just saying, it would not be a good sales idea to release Zelda in the same month as 2 other GIANT franchises (battlefield and cod.) If i already hadn't pre-ordered SS I would have a hard time picking which game to play. Even though I am a Zelda fan I am also a cod fan, it would be hard to pick one of my fav franchises over the other.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
The game itself is finished, they just have to localize it, wich takes a month or two.

Oh! Gotcha! I was underestimating the niceness of Nintendo, haha. I'm so far behind, expecting the game to release next year, I need to start saving up!!

Haha, and the whole holiday thing, I assume they're going to release it a day closest to Christmas, because that's what everyone thinks when they say, Holiday. Unless they said Fall, because that's a whole different story.

Oh! Gotcha! I was underestimating the niceness of Nintendo, haha. I'm so far behind, expecting the game to release next year, I need to start saving up!!

Haha, and the whole holiday thing, I assume they're going to release it a day closest to Christmas, because that's what everyone thinks when they say, Holiday. Unless they said Fall, because that's a whole different story.

Most sources say "Holiday season", which is basically around the time people start to Christmas shop (i.e. November). During November, especially, as this month marks the biggest day of the holiday shopping season, Black Friday, when prices drop to sometimes more than 50% off (not saying SS will be 50% off :shake:. Had to clear that up.); it falls on the day after Thanksgiving. Though, for the "early birds", Christmas shopping usually starts in late October. :yes: I could go into the logistics of it all, but laziness wins...:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom