• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Countdown to Skyward Sword Release!

My best realistic case scenario: We get the exact release date at Gamescom next week, revealing a late October release paired with the Zelda Symphony Orchestra CD just after the glorious event in London took place. I'm really looking forward to playing Skyward Sword in fall, when the weather creates a mysterious atmosphere. It would be the perfect time!

Last edited:
Looking forward to release, especially since it'll probably be out in around 3 months. Also, don't forget SS has been said to be out IN TIME for holiday season.
This could be as soon as October, late October. Nonetheless, I'm still going for a early-November release.

In regards to other big games coming out that time; you guys are forgetting the biggest one...Screw MW3, screw Battlefield 3 (not as much as MW3, but still :P), the biggest
game (apart from SS, of course :P) is on a whole different level...SKYRIM!!!

Looking forward to SS more though!

L

leftyrock91

I am a bit worried that Skyrim will over shadow Skyward Sword if both games come out around the same time. Skyrim will be a HUGE game. I'm looking forward to it as well. But being the Zelda fan I am, I'm not going to forsake my Skyward Sword pre-order for it. The FPS games don't bother me at all. It's just the huge action/adventure games like Skyrim and Uncharted 3. But I think Skyward Sword will still do alright. Also the fact that Nintendo has left the Wii in the dark for the past year kind of worries me too.

Uncharted 3 and the big FPS' won't have any influence on SS's sales, the games are way too different for that.
Skyrim is the biggest obstacle, if any. I just think that the Wii is too different and has a (like it or not) too different audience to be influenced by
other platforms. And lets face it, Zelda fans will go for Zelda first, regardless of the 'competition'.

Big Octo

=^)
What about Skyrim? It's gonna be huge! I'm getting it, and judging by it's popularity, it might overshadow the SS sales.

I've never heard of Skyrim before. I don't usually pre-order games but I did for SS (even though I don't have a Wii) since all the Zelda games are AWESOME!!!!

L

leftyrock91

True that. Skyrim is really the only threat, in terms of open world adventure games. I'm kind of annoyed that Nintendo hasn't even announced a release month for the game. It's driving me nuts. :/

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Why is everyone talking about other games on other consoles overshadowing Skyward Sword? True Zelda fans will buy it because it is a Zelda game. And if your complaints are about the game not selling well, who cares? As long as we get a great game, which it will be, no one should be complaning.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Why is everyone talking about other games on other consoles overshadowing Skyward Sword? True Zelda fans will buy it because it is a Zelda game. And if your complaints are about the game not selling well, who cares? As long as we get a great game, which it will be, no one should be complaning.

I 100% agree with you...BUT If it does not sell well that's not good as well, Metriod Other M did not do good in sales and now Nintendo is not celebrating it's 25th anniversary and Miyamoto said "if Skyward Sword is not the best Zelda ever he said he is done with Zelda" and that's gets me really scared:( , but Skyward Sword looks AMAZING so we so really hope it does amazing in sales as well.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I 100% agree with you...BUT If it does not sell well that's not good as well, Metriod Other M did not do good in sales and now Nintendo is not celebrating it's 25th anniversary and Miyamoto said "if Skyward Sword is not the best Zelda ever he said he is done with Zelda" and that's gets me really scared:( , but Skyward Sword looks AMAZING so we so really hope it does amazing in sales as well.

As I said, the game can sell horribly, yet it could still be the best Wii game ever, maybe even the best Zelda game ever. I bet Skyward Sword is going to sell a couple million copies and get 9.5's from people like IGN.

I wouldnt worry about sales....even if it sells peanuts here it will kill in europe and Asia....Uncharted is ps3 only...gears 3 is 360 only,,, zelda is wii only...all of these games manage to always sell well, even thogh they are released around the same time....this doesnt even include Call of duty...which always outsells lol

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
As I said, the game can sell horribly, yet it could still be the best Wii game ever, maybe even the best Zelda game ever. I bet Skyward Sword is going to sell a couple million copies and get 9.5's from people like IGN.

Agreed. Fully. the outcome of the game won't change based on who buys it, because the actual game will always stay the same.

L

leftyrock91

I hope Nintendo doesn't pull a surprise announce date less than a month before the game comes out, like they did with Spirit Tracks (at least I think that's what they did, can't remember). I guess they're just worried about having delays, so they're holding out until the last minute. I guess I'm just worrying over nothing though. This could be the best Zelda yet, despite sales. I'm going to get it, and enjoy it regardless. And I'm going to show it off to as many people as I can, to spread the knowledge of the game around. I know my friends probably won't like it, since it doesn't look realistic like Twilight Princess( Which is FAR from realism). It'll still grow on them none the less. Come on Nintendo! :(

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior

Yeah your right.

@leftyrock91, I don't think they will do that (at least I hope they do don't that lol), Spirit Tracks released date was confirmed less then three months before release so we should get the release date this month or next month.

R

Raphael

Awww, so we don't have a release date? I thought there was one because of the title of the thread, we'll get one in under a month I bet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom