• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Countdown to E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
With E3 pretty much right around the corner (80 some days to be exact) I'm am getting seriously hyped.:) We are almost 100% certain to get a ton of new info and a new trailer, though maybe not a demo, so I want to know what you guys are excpecting or hoping for at Nintendo's press conference. I'm hoping for a demo, a cinematic trailer and some info from Miyamoto and Aonuma :clap:

I'm not sure it's right around the corner, but yeah, I'm optimistic for a cinematic/story trailer and lot's of info. It might even be the last conference before it's actually released.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
yes another longer trailer would be awesome but i also think a release date would be nice as well or at least an estimated or approximate release date. That way i have a month to look forward to

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm hoping we see some insight into the story line as the release date is eminent. A new trailer, and demo are almost guaranteed at E3.

Twilight Princess's third trailer was purely cinematic, and I think the same as the video that plays after the START menu, maybe we'll see the same thing with SS :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
74 days... It seems like a lot but I find that time has been pasing extremely quickly. It'll be E3 in no time :)

i have a bad feeling that the game will be delayed to 2012 or cancelled because of the tsunami and earthquake

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
i have a bad feeling that the game will be delayed to 2012 or cancelled because of the tsunami and earthquake

It's been confirmed that there was no infastructural damage and that everybody was fine. I send my condolences to those who were not as lucky. :(

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Given the new trailer shown at GDC, I have a feeling another trailer will probably not happen unless the game is to be delayed until 2012. I really believe the game will release in November of this year (unless it's to be held back to share a release with a new console a la TP), so I think it might be mentioned in passing that "it's available for play on the show floor, and the release date will be ____."

I base this quick discussion of it on the fact that the opening of last year's E3 was dedicated to the game. The focus will most likely be about the performance of the 3DS, and what games will be coming for that system. I would almost think the Zelda focus would be more about OoT3D if it hasn't released in the first week of June (ie - a release date, because when they are close to E3, they like to excite people by saying "It's out next week!") and the 25th Anniversary Zelda surprise. SS' info will be a brief mention in this Zelda window.

I feel the demo will be the same one they have brought around since last E3 as well. They tend to make one demo build of a title and leave it at that. It would surprise me if they made another one showcasing what they usually do for Zelda - a field area, a dungeon, and a boss battle. If they are to update a demo, then again, it will be ecause the game's in 2012 now.

Nintendo usually provides new content to please people when a game's delayed. Otherwise they rely on the content they've already made public up until the month before the game's release. (Most recently, Metroid Other M and Donkey Kong Country Returns shared this pattern). Because of this, I almost hope there is NO new SS info other than a release date! :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Given the new trailer shown at GDC, I have a feeling another trailer will probably not happen unless the game is to be delayed until 2012. I really believe the game will release in November of this year (unless it's to be held back to share a release with a new console a la TP), so I think it might be mentioned in passing that "it's available for play on the show floor, and the release date will be ____."

I base this quick discussion of it on the fact that the opening of last year's E3 was dedicated to the game. The focus will most likely be about the performance of the 3DS, and what games will be coming for that system. I would almost think the Zelda focus would be more about OoT3D if it hasn't released in the first week of June (ie - a release date, because when they are close to E3, they like to excite people by saying "It's out next week!") and the 25th Anniversary Zelda surprise. SS' info will be a brief mention in this Zelda window.

I feel the demo will be the same one they have brought around since last E3 as well. They tend to make one demo build of a title and leave it at that. It would surprise me if they made another one showcasing what they usually do for Zelda - a field area, a dungeon, and a boss battle. If they are to update a demo, then again, it will be ecause the game's in 2012 now.

Nintendo usually provides new content to please people when a game's delayed. Otherwise they rely on the content they've already made public up until the month before the game's release. (Most recently, Metroid Other M and Donkey Kong Country Returns shared this pattern). Because of this, I almost hope there is NO new SS info other than a release date! :)

Miyamoto did say that they would be showing off way more about the story once the game is closer to completion (because for Skyward Sword, Nintendo did the gameplay before the cutscenes). With the game being "in the final stages of completion", I think there is a good chance of a more cinematic focus on what Nintendo shows (or tells) us.

A new trailer, demo, etc, etc, are nice, but what I really want is some storyline news. Nothing to grand, just a little teaser to whet our appetites.

expecting a launch trailer for SS!
But SS is faaaaaaar down on my hype list at the moment, mostly excited for mario 3ds!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
64 days remain as we enter the 2nd quarter of 2011...

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
100% there will be a trailer and a demo and a 50% chance of a release date (if it's releasing in the Summer time then 100% of a release date.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom