• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Couldn't BotW be in fact Lorule? Contains Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my own thinking while playing through BotW.

I've noticed something rather odd when considering the rest of the Zelda extended universe. While the symbology exists in the world, the Triforce is not mentioned at all as a source of anyone's powers or abilities, in fact the three other dieties are not mentioned at all either. The springs of power, wisdom, and courage are present, yet they all honour Hylia instead of their normally respective goddesses. And even the Temple of Time has been changed to remove the homage it gave to the other three goddesses and seems to have been the prime temple to Hylia.
This disconnection from the usual is also in our central three characters. Zelda's power stems from her divinity, and no connection with wisdom is established. Period. Her single saving power to fight Ganon is not through being associated with the Triforce of Wisdom, as would be necessary when combating another of Triforce association.
Ganon, also, is free from association with the Triforce of Power. Seemingly, having been a bit of artificially sentient Sheikah technology that became possessed by Demise and began centralizing and manifesting Hyrule's residents' malice toward each other, which would from time to time become corporeal and threaten the Kingdom. This helps explain why Ganon came "suddenly" when Zelda was not prepared. In fact it wasn't sudden at all, the malice toward Zelda was a plague on her throughout her life, and escalated with every failure of hers to obtain her birthright power. However, the powers that defeat Ganon are not the powers of the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage, but the powers of the Goddess and that of the Sword that seals darkness.
Link is no different from the others. The proof that he is The Hero, is not that he possesses the Triforce of Courage and will be able to wield the Sword, but that the Sword itself calls to him to wield its power. And only the Sword is the "necessary" element to over powering Ganon.
I've taken all of this to indicate that the Triforce, and the associated goddesses, are immaterial or were removed from this world, much like how in the fan theory of Lorule's past, its Triforce was removed and because of that while the central goddess and her hero still existed, Lorule came to ruin. Also, much like in that theory the Sheikah came to prominance in Lorule in order to infiltrate Hyrule to prevent Hylians from making the same mistake in destroying the Hylian Triforce.

Again, this is only my theory about where this game fits in, and is up for fleshing out and/or debate.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda uses the whole triforce to seal Ganon at the end of BoTW and it points the right way up rather than downwards as Lorules Triforce does.

The world of BoTW is certainly not Lorule.

@Deus Yes, the symbol lights up, as it did when she first used her power. However, is it the Triforce, or just an expression of her own divinity showing? Without any stated evidence toward your assumption, it is a bit hard deus ex machina to say "oh the Triforce showed up," and that would make Zelda an absolute failure with her own divinity. My premise was, though the symbology was there, the Triforce was not.

@Shironagi Again this may be Lorule's past. Hyrule has fallen, and Lorule is what was recovered from after the maelstrom ended. They may call it Hyrule through the game, but as is painfully obvious, the high have fallen, thus after BotW renaming the no longer organized land "Lorule" is not uncalled for.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Deus Yes, the symbol lights up, as it did when she first used her power. However, is it the Triforce, or just an expression of her own divinity showing? Without any stated evidence toward your assumption, it is a bit hard deus ex machina to say "oh the Triforce showed up," and that would make Zelda an absolute failure with her own divinity. My premise was, though the symbology was there, the Triforce was not.

@Shironagi Again this may be Lorule's past. Hyrule has fallen, and Lorule is what was recovered from after the maelstrom ended. They may call it Hyrule through the game, but as is painfully obvious, the high have fallen, thus after BotW renaming the no longer organized land "Lorule" is not uncalled for.

Again no, BOTW appears in fact to be an amalgam of all the games land masses or at least namewise they are but we see nothing related to lorule. The game is set 10k years after the timeline. Lorule had problems keeping things together in the same span of time as hyrule. They wouldn't have survived Ganon.

Also just to point out there is no Lorulean references here. Nor do we see the traits of Lorule in Hyrule.

And in reference to your first post saying the triforce was removed. Pretty patently Lorule got their upside triforce back in full force Hyrules remains split. Also it's well established that Zelda is keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom. Not exactly hard to find the others now is it. As it seems like whenever the three pieces show they congregate to the strongest. So either Ganon or Zelda.

In fact in this game there isn't really much to claim zelda has any divinity she is wholly and irrevocably human here the only power she gets is from her part of the triforce close but no cigar.

@Shironagi Then explain these: why was the Triforce, THE ULTIMATE POWER, not mentioned ONCE in the game? Why is the Hero chosen by the Swords own spirit, instead of by way of Triforce ownership? Why is Ganon not shown with ownership of Power, and completely devoid of any Triforce symbology?
Zelda being the usual owner of Wisdom was something I mentioned, already. Yet her lack of association with it, being rejected at the Spring of Wisdom, shows that this Zelda is neither chosen by, nor owns by Wisdom. Which I see as a significant hint to the fact that the Triforce doesn't actually exist in BotW.

Can you justify BotW being the end of a timeline that everyone has already noted it doesn't fit into at all? Why is it impossible that Lorule could have spawned from a failed Hyrule? And "It just is" or "It just can't" are not valid answers to this, b/c I really would like to know

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
the symbol lights up, as it did when she first used her power. However, is it the Triforce, or just an expression of her own divinity showing

It's the in no other game does the triforce appear as the expression of someone's divinity. Therefore we must assume it is the real thing unless otherwise stated.

Without any stated evidence toward your assumption, it is a bit hard deus ex machina to say "oh the Triforce showed up,"

There is no evidence otherwise. The actual triforce only appears in full before link in Zelda games when it is physically there and therefore when it appeared in BoTW the assumption must be that it is the physical triforce.

Can you justify BotW being the end of a timeline that everyone has already noted it doesn't fit into at all? Why is it impossible that Lorule could have spawned from a failed Hyrule?
Lorule exists at the same time as hyrule and therefore can't be the same place. And its triforce(as we are shown in game)is upside down. Hyrules triforce is the right way up and is shown in BoTW and must be assumed to be the real thing for the reason I have already given.

It must be at the end of a timeline. Because it takes place 10,000 years after Ganons attack, who had already been defeated and returned multiple times as stated by the developers and in game. If we look at the timeline Ganon had not been defeated multiple times until the end of any of the three splits in the timeline and therefore BoTW must take place at the end of one of them.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Shironagi Then explain these: why was the Triforce, THE ULTIMATE POWER, not mentioned ONCE in the game? Why is the Hero chosen by the Swords own spirit, instead of by way of Triforce ownership? Why is Ganon not shown with ownership of Power, and completely devoid of any Triforce symbology?
Zelda being the usual owner of Wisdom was something I mentioned, already. Yet her lack of association with it, being rejected at the Spring of Wisdom, shows that this Zelda is neither chosen by, nor owns by Wisdom. Which I see as a significant hint to the fact that the Triforce doesn't actually exist in BotW.

Can you justify BotW being the end of a timeline that everyone has already noted it doesn't fit into at all? Why is it impossible that Lorule could have spawned from a failed Hyrule? And "It just is" or "It just can't" are not valid answers to this, b/c I really would like to know

Game is set 10 THOUSAND years after the timeline already established they've lost old knowledge in favor of new in this case Shiekah tech in lieu of magic. Of course they aren't gonna remember the triforce when they've relied on new methods.
Link has always been chosen by the sword and not the Triforce.
Ganon has transcended the entire cycle of reincarnation he is no longer mortal or anything even remotely resembling human. The triforce no longer needs him or vice versa.
Zelda in this game is shown to be lacking ancient knowledge of the shiekah stones AKA HER WISDOM. She isn't wise in this game.

Quite literally stated that ganon's last rise to power was 10 thousand years prior to his successful freedom. Ganon has always been part of hyrule not lorule.
Link isn't part of Lorule nor is zelda in fact the fact we see that they are still reincarnated kills any form of an attempt at claiming it's lorule because as we've seen there are mirror versions of them.
You've not shown one jot of evidence towards it being lorule beyond your own headcanon.

Lorule wasn't a failed hyrule if anything Lorule is a failed Lorule it has it's own timeline, history, cyclic nature. You're so busy trying to make headcanon fit you've forgotten to provide proof.

Reactions: Dio
The Triforce is never mentioned by name in Twilight Princess either, yet it's quite clearly present.

It's quite clear that Zelda is in possession of the full Triforce in BotW... the fact that she lacks the traits associated with the pieces of the Triforce is irrelevant, as she did not need to claim it or prove herself worthy to be chosen by it... she inherited it.
The problem was that she did not know how to unlock it's power... bathing in the springs was likely an attempt to do so after finding a reference to Zelda bathing in the springs in SS, but that unlocked Hylia's power, not the power of the Triforce, hence why it would have been unsuccessful.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
It doesn't make sense that this would be Lorule.
Also there are mentions of this being Hyrule.
"Link...You are the light.......That must shine upon Hyrule once again."
"The history of Hyrule is the history of the calamity Ganon."
It makes no sense if this was taking place in Lorule.

Reactions: Pen
@Deus @Shironagi I never considered that the Triforce was a symbol of Zelda's divinity. The whole bit of her being the reincarnation of Hylia is the both the stated (in BotW) and canonical evidence of that. What I'm calling Deus Ex Machina about her having the Triforce is the lack of its presence anywhere in BotW story, until it was convenient. Where as, what you want to believe is that Zelda was seeking her own power throughout the entire story, but never achieved anything b/c the Triforce decided in the end to bestow its power on her? Were it an ancient relic that she uncovered, I would be willing to stomach that.

However, with the loss of the ancient technology and the knowledge of almost everything else in the Zelda universe, three things were not forgotten. One: the Hero and the Sword, likely b/c there was one per generation, otherwise this knowledge should also have been lost. Two: Ganon would return, this raises the question WTF did anyone lock away the supplements to the Goddess and Hero when EVERYONE knew Ganon was coming back. Three: Zelda is the reincarnation of Hylia, again b/c there was one per generation, and this raises the questions of when did the three goddesses of creation stop being worshiped and why was the knowledge of the Triforce, the ultimate power in the universe, lost in spite of the possibility to use it to help defeat Ganon?

Given how mad the Hylians were with searching for relics to help them against Ganon, it is inconceivable that not one person would have found writings of the Goddesses, and/or of the artifact they left the Hylians in possession of in order to harness their power. Especially when the Great Deku Tree, who knew of the Triforce and would have witnessed its power before, was accessible the entire time and was a necessary interaction for the Hero, at least, being the guardian of the Sword. Before you try to say that Deku wasn't the guardian, he chides Link on his lack of ability in comparison to when he first claimed the Sword, as if he personally watched Link claim it before.

The lack of text indicating the presence of the Triforce leads to an unassuming conclusion based on the subtext given in BotW: there was either never a Triforce, or it was destroyed so that there would be no warring over it. Which leaves only a symbol representing the royal family. Obviously, I am rejecting the symbol in the end was anything more than just a visual representation of Zelda's last spurt of power. And perhaps if you read this carefully and actually played BotW you'd understand where the reasoning is coming from.

Now on to the thing about Lorule. As stated in canon, Lorule was a world just like Hyrule. However, decline came when the Sacred Golden Treasure was destroyed to prevent the populace from warring to gain possession of it. Simply judging from the subtext in BotW the destruction of the Triforce is plausible and ruin definitely came after if that's the case. But you want to call BS b/c of everyone calling the ruined land "Hyrule?" Let me ask you, what's in a name? Well, a lot actually. What proud ruler would call their land "Lorule"? It is demeaning to the ruler and the kingdom, unless there was something greater to compare it to; let's say a successful version of your kingdom in a different world. Canonically Hilda knew everything about Hyrule, enough to recognise that the key difference between the two worlds was that the Triforce had been destroyed, which led to one kingdom being brought low while the other remain at its height.

It's little cute that you believe that the two separate dimensions/universes that contain Hyrule and Lorule have to have times that flow together. What makes them flow together, or even "at the same time"? Such jumping in dimensions is no different that jump from now to some large number of years into the future. Everything mirrors what you know, but is still completely different. Just as Hyrule's age and Lorule's ages could be very different. Who is to say that Lorule doesn't have 10s of thousands of years more history than Hyrule? Who is to say the opposite? Unless it is clearly written, or shown to us, it will only ever be speculation. Which is what this is.

And now that I've found this again. What coloured my interpretation of BotW, becoming this topic was this video that resonated with what I experienced playing the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guXHxiCAvSU Feel free to watch or not.

@YIGAhim Well, while there was never a fourth piece to the Sacred Treasure, there did end up being a fourth goddess.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Deus @Shironagi I never considered that the Triforce was a symbol of Zelda's divinity. The whole bit of her being the reincarnation of Hylia is the both the stated (in BotW) and canonical evidence of that. What I'm calling Deus Ex Machina about her having the Triforce is the lack of its presence anywhere in BotW story, until it was convenient. Where as, what you want to believe is that Zelda was seeking her own power throughout the entire story, but never achieved anything b/c the Triforce decided in the end to bestow its power on her? Were it an ancient relic that she uncovered, I would be willing to stomach that.

Never once stated it was a symbol of her divinity. And it's pretty obvious that she's going around praying at the 3 fountains of Virtue much as the original Zelda did in SS. In other words she went to each hoping to gain power, wisdom and courage for the coming conflict. You should maybe look into BOTW's story instead of headcanon.

However, with the loss of the ancient technology and the knowledge of almost everything else in the Zelda universe, three things were not forgotten. One: the Hero and the Sword, likely b/c there was one per generation, otherwise this knowledge should also have been lost. Two: Ganon would return, this raises the question WTF did anyone lock away the supplements to the Goddess and Hero when EVERYONE knew Ganon was coming back. Three: Zelda is the reincarnation of Hylia, again b/c there was one per generation, and this raises the questions of when did the three goddesses of creation stop being worshiped and why was the knowledge of the Triforce, the ultimate power in the universe, lost in spite of the possibility to use it to help defeat Ganon?

Actually stated in several games such as WW that a hero is specifically born to combat ganon's power. They may not carry the blood of the hero but they sure as hell carry the spirit. The deku tree is shown to have survived dying from WAAAY back in OOT so it's a safe bet to say the dude knew of the Master Sword Hell he ends up as the guardian.
Each princess probably does carry the spirit of the goddess with them but much like links it's only useful if evil arises.
The reason these implements and abilities are locked away is because without being tempered by their wisdom and courage/kindness they'd end up EXACTLY like ganon has, he is born with all that power and nothing to balance it. He is rage incarnate with a crapton of power at his disposal. He has nothing more than the desire to destroy with nothing to temper it.

Given how mad the Hylians were with searching for relics to help them against Ganon, it is inconceivable that not one person would have found writings of the Goddesses, and/or of the artifact they left the Hylians in possession of in order to harness their power. Especially when the Great Deku Tree, who knew of the Triforce and would have witnessed its power before, was accessible the entire time and was a necessary interaction for the Hero, at least, being the guardian of the Sword. Before you try to say that Deku wasn't the guardian, he chides Link on his lack of ability in comparison to when he first claimed the Sword, as if he personally watched Link claim it before.

You're quite right someone would've come across something like this. It's called the Sheikah tribe they've always acquired more knowledge than they use and without a doubt knowledge of both the Master Sword and the Purification Rites came from them, why else would zelda have followed in her ancestors footsteps? I want to point out something, it took link a hell of a lot of skill to get to the tree same as zelda, he doesn't even deign to speak to link until he attempts to pull the sword, to most he'd just appear as a tree. He may have knowledge of ancient times but in the time honored tradition of hyrule he doesn't just hand it out willy nilly.

The lack of text indicating the presence of the Triforce leads to an unassuming conclusion based on the subtext given in BotW: there was either never a Triforce, or it was destroyed so that there would be no warring over it. Which leaves only a symbol representing the royal family. Obviously, I am rejecting the symbol in the end was anything more than just a visual representation of Zelda's last spurt of power. And perhaps if you read this carefully and actually played BotW you'd understand where the reasoning is coming from.

Knock off the snide tone for a start, maybe if you actually played the game you'd see that the triforce is a visible presence in how zelda sealed ganon in the castle. The Triforce was never destroyed hell unless it's in it's component parts it can't be destroyed, and even then it broke into fragments that were easily put together. The Triforce has a sentience of it's own and chooses where it goes and how it appears. Before you call BS, ALTTP The entire adult timeline are both examples. You are looking at one game and not the entire series which it seems like most of headcanonists do.

Now on to the thing about Lorule. As stated in canon, Lorule was a world just like Hyrule. However, decline came when the Sacred Golden Treasure was destroyed to prevent the populace from warring to gain possession of it. Simply judging from the subtext in BotW the destruction of the Triforce is plausible and ruin definitely came after if that's the case. But you want to call BS b/c of everyone calling the ruined land "Hyrule?" Let me ask you, what's in a name? Well, a lot actually. What proud ruler would call their land "Lorule"? It is demeaning to the ruler and the kingdom, unless there was something greater to compare it to; let's say a successful version of your kingdom in a different world. Canonically Hilda knew everything about Hyrule, enough to recognise that the key difference between the two worlds was that the Triforce had been destroyed, which led to one kingdom being brought low while the other remain at its height.

You've got no proof again that Lorule is Hyrule come back with SOLID proof, subtext or your own personal headcanon is not proof. That crap you spout of proud ruler calling the land lorule? Obviously Hilda and her constituents you seem to be attempting to mash things to fit. And no Hilda didn't know enough of Hyrule she knew of a parallel only due to Yuga's Interferance.

It's little cute that you believe that the two separate dimensions/universes that contain Hyrule and Lorule have to have times that flow together. What makes them flow together, or even "at the same time"? Such jumping in dimensions is no different that jump from now to some large number of years into the future. Everything mirrors what you know, but is still completely different. Just as Hyrule's age and Lorule's ages could be very different. Who is to say that Lorule doesn't have 10s of thousands of years more history than Hyrule? Who is to say the opposite? Unless it is clearly written, or shown to us, it will only ever be speculation. Which is what this is.

again no proof and a snide tone. You've no proof. nothing but a silly headcanon, your pulling a ventus here denying others logic for your own failed logic.
Lorule and Hyrule are polar opposites yes but their times RUN SIDE BY SIDE a.k.a a parallel world. they had several key differences between the two, namely the destruction of the triforce and NO Ganon, Yuga can be argued to be the lorulean ganon but from everything we see there was never an incarnation of demise in Lorule as their has been in Hyrule.

And more importantly, the cycle of reincarnation as it applies to Link, Zelda and Ganon is only inherent to HYRULE, nowhere else, we didn't see it in termina nor lorule. Hell why would a proud queen as hilda was name her kid Zelda no chance is what her being a proud ruler would claim the restoration of her land as her own work Ravio wouldn't go against it at all, why should he? he becomes a hero this way

And now that I've found this again. What coloured my interpretation of BotW, becoming this topic was this video that resonated with what I experienced playing the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guXHxiCAvSU Feel free to watch or not.

REALLY using a theory to build a theory, that doesn't fly in any scenario. Termina in and of itself was another parallel differing from hyrule again.

YIGAhim - Well, while there was never a fourth piece to the Sacred Treasure, there did end up being a fourth goddess.

And that matters how? Hylia was the guardian of the Triforce she never had the power to be anything more than a custodian.

I'm sorry but so far you've proved nothing with this, you've no solid evidence to this point and from what i've seen you are just dismissing what others have said in favor of you're own headcanon. Come up with something solid or don't respond, everything you have said is killed off immediately by evidence backed up by the entire series. Lorule was an exact mirror of Hyrule in the downfall timeline or more accurately from a point where Ganon actually obtains the full triforce we see in BOTW emphatically he doesn't have it.

It's in the possession of the Royal family as it had been for generations under their guardianship. After all that's the only reason the royal family exists to safeguard and keep it away from people.

You'd have done better to claim this was the 2nd game of the series timeline wise instead of claiming it's Lorule.

{edit - Removed the tag for Yigahim}

@Shironagi Getting an audience to read subtext is good writing, be it in a book, game, movie or whatever, if you say subtext isn't important, play a Metroid, save Fusion (though the mostly missed subtext in it was also amazing), game and see how effective subtext tells a story. I will, kindly, quit being snide when you, kindly, quit being shallow.

In case you missed it, Nintendo themselves told us to forget everything we knew about TLOZ for BotW. They even trademarked the damned quote (http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-edition-switch). Given the Japanese, this is more than a superficial statement of "Oh look, the controls and mechanics are different," they could have said this at any point after Link's Awakening. However, they planned on straying from the Zelda we knew and BotW is supposed to encompass that. With your hell-bent manner of trying to brow beat someone into thinking the same as you do, you are trying to fit BotW into a mold that Nintendo claims have broken already.

Never once stated it was a symbol of her divinity
I never considered that the Triforce was a symbol of Zelda's divinity.
While the symbology exists in the world, the Triforce is not mentioned at all
Which leaves only a symbol representing the royal family.

If you hold an object in your hands you have that object. If you draw a picture of that object and hold it, you have a picture of said object. Symbols are what represent something. They are but pictures that help people self-identify. At the end of BotW, Zelda says she can accept that after dealing with Ganon, she's exhausted her own power. She did not say she can accept that she no longer can access the Triforce, or that the power she wielded was ever something other that her own. This again hints that the symbol that shows when she dealt with Ganon was a symbol of herself (likely that of her proud heritage), not some object that randomly decided to show up.

The Triforce has a sentience of it's own and chooses where it goes
I have to disagree with this, if the Triforce were able to decide who was worthy, neither Hyrule, nor Lorule would have had anyone trying to take control of it. Simply letting people try to wield it and letting them fail would have put any hope of its use to rest. Another way of looking at it would be that the Triforce would stop working when Link took it back from Ganon, b/c it had decided to act in accordance with Ganon's ideology. This is not this case as anyone who gets their hands on it seems to be able to use it for good or evil. Leading to the opposite of what you have said, the Triforce bestows is power indiscriminately to whoever holds it. QED Zelda did not have the Triforce, nor did it just show up conveniently to seal Ganon, because until the moment of necessity Zelda had no power.
Don't try to say that the Triforce only displays its power in a crisis, b/c in more than one game Ganon using the Triforce's power is to blame for the crisis Link is tasked with fixing.

Lorule and Hyrule are polar opposites yes but their times RUN SIDE BY SIDE
Said who, when? The thing about parallel worlds is that one can end and it doesn't effect the other. A parallel world is no different than an altered possibility tree that results in a vastly different world. Even if they can be aligned in some way, the alignment is merely a convenience issue. In fact, were one to interact with the other world, that same person may or not interact with the same time again in subsequent attempts of interaction. What you propose in marrying the worlds is that Lorule's decision to destroy their Triforce would have resulted in both worlds ending had nothing been done to stop it. If you do not agree that this would have happened, then you agree that Hyrule and Lorule are completely independent of eachother timeline and all.

You're quite right someone would've come across something like this. It's called the Sheikah tribe they've always acquired more knowledge than they use
Yet they claim to do everything in their power to aide the royal family? They knew as much about the guardians and divine beasts as anyone in BotW. They were the heads of the research and they were not controlling the information they obtained through their testing, otherwise Zelda would have known nothing of the research instead of being a central figure in it. And knowing of the Triforce and not letting anyone know about it can be said to constitute siding with Ganon, something the Sheikah and Deku Tree would not have done.

Hell why would a proud queen as hilda was name her kid Zelda
You are again mistaken about how this rolls. I'm not saying Hilda was BotW Zelda's mother. I'm say that BotW Zelda is Hilda's ancestor.

And no Hilda didn't know enough of Hyrule she knew of a parallel only due to Yuga's Interferance.
WRONG! Let me quote Hilda for you: "Lorule was just like Hyrule. So very beautiful. So very... promising." "Long ago, Lorule possess a sacred golden treasure. It could grant the wish of anyone who touched it. It was known as the Triforce in our world, as it is in yours." "Yuga discovered that there was a strange crack in this grim slate... Through it, we could sense that there was another world beyond ours... A place where the Triforce still existed. He and I devised the scheme that imperiled your kingdom." "My Lorule may remind you of your home. But, in fact, our kingdoms are as different as night and day..." Several time she demonstrates that she had knowledge of the inner workings of Hyrule. She admitted to peering through the crack and sensing the Triforce. She even admits that she was not manipulated into being a part of the plot that would have destroyed Hyrule. Through her words, it is hinted that she'd even been in Hyrule to see its beauty.

Who can say how long it was that she studied Hyrule from Lorule? Obviously, it was long enough for her to make comparisons with the ancient Lorule. But who is to say that it wasn't long enough to at least adopt a pseudonym before a traveler from the other world became through?

REALLY using a theory to build a theory, that doesn't fly in any scenario.
You do know how scientific theory is developed, right? Theory building atop theory is how this world gets **** done. It's life and it flies everywhere.

Honestly, BotW Zelda and Link start at trying to rebuild a ruined Kingdom in the end. But, Hyrule is no more, and if Zelda were to be the ruler of the kingdom brought to its knees. The only fitting name for the new kingdom would be "Lorule."

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
You have really thought this one out @neinome. There is a slight possibility, but I just can't accept this fact. Quite obviously, they left us a LOT of dead ends about where Zelda is on the timeline, and that could easily apply to this too. I mean, by now, I think that this may be a fourth timeline. Lorule exists only in the downfall timeline, making this theory impossible. BUT- Since the Zoras, Lynels, and Koroks are showcased from all three splits after Ocarina of Time, this theory could still be possible. Maybe it's like Termina (Not Termina, but like it) where it's an alternate reality, that's not Lorule, the Dark World, or Termina. All of your evidence applies to this theory as well, and since the fight between Link and Ganon was obviously technoligified, it ALSO could've taken place in an alternate reality. Maybe everyone THINKS it's Hyrule, but it's really somewhere different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom