• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could ZeldaU Be A Sequel to Majora's Mask, or Perhaps It from Another Timeline?

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I was online.
Reading some things. Blah.
Then I'd read something about the possibility of ZeldaU being a sequel to TP. I then remembered reading something about 'Nothing happenes, or is mentioned about Termina in the other two Zelda timelines'
350px-Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg

I then recalled all of the Majora's Mask references in A Link Between Worlds. Obviously hinting news about something related to Majora's Mask.
ZeldaU is going to attempt to be Dark, and sort-of like Skyrim. So, with all that info we can propose that ZeldaU could be a sequel to Majora's Mask, or even Termina in the other two timelines. I believe that this could be interesting. I'd like it much more than a TP sequel, though it'd be sad not seeing a Majora's Mask remake. What do you guys (or gals) think?

Attachments

• 350px-Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg
    350px-Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I then recalled all of the Majora's Mask references in A Link Between Worlds. Obviously hinting news about something related to Majora's Mask.
ZeldaU is going to attempt to be Dark, and sort-of like Skyrim. So, with all that info we can propose that ZeldaU could be a sequel to Majora's Mask, or even Termina in the other two timelines. I believe that this could be interesting. I'd like it much more than a TP sequel, though it'd be sad not seeing a Majora's Mask remake. What do you guys (or gals) think?

There is no real evedence for Z-WiiU being dark. That is just a rumor (and a common fan want) circulated by a bogus title screen shot and a cheesy fan title.

Drahsid

There is no real evedence for Z-WiiU being dark. That is just a rumor (and a common fan want) circulated by a bogus title screen shot and a cheesy fan title.

I wasn't referring to that.
I was referring to Skyrim. If it's like Skyrim, it's dark.

A MM sequel/remake is far more likely than a Termina on the other timelines game, if they go with the latter, they might as well do the same with the Twilight Realm and Lorule. Nintendo just doesn't repeat performances like that. I really doubt we'll even see Termina again since the hypothetical sequel would continue HoT's journey.

kiboeme

kiboeme

The significant majority of fans (including myself) think the Majora's Mask references dropped in ALBW are nods to a MM remake for the 3DS or WiiU, much like was done with OoT and WW. It's possible that these are meant to indicate the game's predecessor or timeline, but I think it is far more likely that Zelda WiiU will not be a MM sequel.

ZeldaU is going to attempt to be Dark, and sort-of like Skyrim.

I cannot definitively prove or disprove the mention of ZeldaU being a dark game, since I haven't heard anything to either support or counteract that, but I do know that Zelda is going to be like Skyrim in terms of its world size. Skyrim is, after all, renowned for having a ridiculously large open world, and Zelda fans have been crying since Twilight Princess that a less-linear, larger world is needed. Either Miyamoto or Aonuma said they were building an open-concept Hyrule Field for ZeldaU designed to challenge Skyrim's.

Drahsid

The significant majority of fans (including myself) think the Majora's Mask references dropped in ALBW are nods to a MM remake for the 3DS or WiiU, much like was done with OoT and WW. It's possible that these are meant to indicate the game's predecessor or timeline, but I think it is far more likely that Zelda WiiU will not be a MM sequel.

I cannot definitively prove or disprove the mention of ZeldaU being a dark game, since I haven't heard anything to either support or counteract that, but I do know that Zelda is going to be like Skyrim in terms of its world size. Skyrim is, after all, renowned for having a ridiculously large open world, and Zelda fans have been crying since Twilight Princess that a less-linear, larger world is needed. Either Miyamoto or Aonuma said they were building an open-concept Hyrule Field for ZeldaU designed to challenge Skyrim's.

Oh, yes. Hard to imagine a completely open-world Zelda. Then 'just walking in and smashing pots' would be literal, no load, before the entrance to a house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom