• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could you see them making a 3d sequel to an older game?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Right now, Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild 2 are the only 3d Zelda's that are direct sequels to their predecessors. Do you think it could be possible for a brand new 3d game to be a sequel to a previous 3d game? Or do you think new 3d Zelda's are always going to be a new story w/ a new Link, not counting direct sequels.

I thought it was a missed opportunity to not have a third N64 style Zelda game on the 3DS. Never say never to an older Zelda game getting a sequel after A Link Between Worlds, but it seems unlikely for the time being. If an older 3D Zelda game ever gets a sequel, it'll probably be The Wind Waker. Nintendo has already revisted Toon Link the most of any Links, and Aonuma seems to really like The Wind Waker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we'll be going back to the Adult timeline next. With BotW's engine they may want to experiment with a world that's even more spread out and give us more modern means of transportation. The timeline with steamboats and trains should have the automobile pretty soon. It could even be invented by an older ST Link and you play as his grandson.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Maybe we'll be going back to the Adult timeline next. With BotW's engine they may want to experiment with a world that's even more spread out and give us more modern means of transportation. The timeline with steamboats and trains should have the automobile pretty soon. It could even be invented by an older ST Link and you play as his grandson.
Maybe not automobiles exactly, and I cant believe I'm actually suggesting this, but
Steampunk zelda would be actually really dope
Horses still more common, as well as sidearms but like, maybe link has a pistol instead of a bow yeah? Idk it kind of hurts to think about at the same time it feels so wrong rofl
But man just imagine, maybe its more rugged like twilight princess and inspired a little bit by the american west

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Maybe not automobiles exactly, and I cant believe I'm actually suggesting this, but
Steampunk zelda would be actually really dope
Horses still more common, as well as sidearms but like, maybe link has a pistol instead of a bow yeah? Idk it kind of hurts to think about at the same time it feels so wrong rofl
But man just imagine, maybe its more rugged like twilight princess and inspired a little bit by the american west

They can't have any of that, because it would involve Hyrule evolving technologically and Nintendo doesn't like that.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Yes I can. Will it work well? That depends on how fun it is. Did you have any particular game in mind that you'd like to see Markasscop?
majora's mask or twilight princess

MM b/c of that whole 3ds N64 remakes thing and I'm sure a lot of us would like to see how that kind of game could connect to TP, and TP b/c I just want to see one more journey with that link

I'd be down for a sequel to Twilight Princess, or rather, I'd really like to see more in the Child Timeline with gameplay like Twilight Princess'. What I'd really like to see is a truly steampunk Zelda in the Adult timeline following Spirit Tracks. That would be really cool.

Yeah, I think a MM-esque direct sequel to TP with the same Link would be great; Link even leaves Ordon at the end, so there's a setup for it. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't followed up on it yet. If nothing else, it'd be sn excuse to visit the CT again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom