• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could We See the Twili Make a Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This isn't necessarily a so called "theory" however I think it's a topic that many people have questioned...

Now me myself I have always liked the Twili and the Twilight Realm and I would like to see more or know more ablut them as even though they play a major role in Twilight Princess they still remain mysterious. So could we in fact see this race appear in future Zelda games?
Now we all know what happened at the end of Twilight Princess where we see Midna shattering the Mirror and throughout the game it was heavily hinted that this was the only connection between the two, so I would say that we will never see the Twili or Midna again "after" the events of TP (key word after)
So a lot have people seem to neglect that there are any possibilities that we will see the Twili or Midna again however I disagree. The founding story takes place during the Era of Chaos where the Interlopers are sealed within this Realm hence creating the Twilight Realm. We know that TP events happen because of the failed execution of Ganondorf which happens after Link gets sent to the past in OoT. However we know of 3 splits on the timeline itself and since the origin story takes place in the beginning section of the Timeline that would mean that this realm would exist on all 3 splits.

Another point is the fact that because the Twilight Realm remains un-touched as the only connection is the mirror that would mean that the race wouldn't be influenced by the split or the events in Hyrule. How would you guys feel about the return of the Twili? And where would you think a good placement on the timeline would be for them?

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I would love to see the Twili again, and I think a prequel explaining the origins of the Twili in more depth would be fun.

It would also be interesting to see the Twili on a different timeline, either on the downfall or adult timeline, where the mirror wasn't destroyed and perhaps Link has to journey to the Twilight realm to seek help from the Twili, rather than having them involved in the cause of the problems plaguing Hyrule.

In reality, though, I don't think it is likely that Nintendo will bring the Twili back. I think they were so tailored to the plot of TP that with the publication of the official timeline(s) it would be too constricting to try and ensure that a new game with the Twili didn't contradict TP.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I don't know. Things have dissapeared and reappeared in Zelda before. In SS we saw Beedle return after a long absence. We also saw the Imprisoning War and the Golden Land concept return in TP after being buried for more than ten years. The Peahat is bound to return before too long.

I think the Twili are an interesting tribe that should have a larger role in Hyrulean history than what has been revealed so far. The Twili were an evil tribe of Mages who used the Fused Shadow in a attempt to steal the Triforce. Then they were banished to the Twighlight Realm through a mirror on top of some evil dungeon. That alone could be the story of entire game. I'm just saying the Twili have a good chance at returning, and developers have stated it is a long-term possibility.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I don't really see it happening anytime soon, but I do think they'll make a reappearance at some point later on. Nintendo loves throwing out random callbacks to previous games, SS is full of them, and so I think we'll see them again in some form or fashion. Though it won't be the entire plot centering around them again, we may get some more insight into their backstory yet.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well, assuming the Twili were banished to the Twilight realm in the events of the war previous OoT, we could see them again, but it's unlikely that we'll see them in the child timeline after the events of TP, or previous to OoT.

In the Adult timeline, the whole of Hyrule was sumberged, and the events of TWW caused whatever was flooded to be irrevocably lost, including the Triforce, the Master Sword, and Hyrule Proper (including the storage place of the mirror). We would have to go back before TWW to have any chance at seeing them, and the likely spot would be Ganondorf's return, which the Hero did not make an appearance for. The only way that scenario wpuld work is if the current games in the AT were placed on some kind of "Adult Failure" timeline.

The best and most likely candidate would be the Failure Timeline. Even though OoT Link fell to Ganon, he (Ganon) was eventually imprisioned with the help of the sages albeit at great cost to Hyrule. However, the mirror could only be destroyed by the leader of the Twili, and Zant's efforts (augmented by the force of Ganondorf's power) in TP only managed to shatter it. So, from a purely logical standpoint, the FT is the best bet to see the Twili again.

DarkLink17

Well then
The Failure timeline would be the most logical place for the Twili to make a reappearance, but there still could be a way (such as the mirror) for the Twili peoples to have made a connection with the Light Realm. What I'm thinking is a game set between SS and Minish Cap on the timeline, where the Twili can secretely make a connection to the Light Realm via a certain device or relic.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Yeah, kind of like the Minish did (another race that needs to return). I would love to see the Twili again. It's odd, the only race Nintendo made really clear was probably never coming back seems to have so much potential to come back because of it. I mean the whole mirror-breaking is just asking for there to be a way around it.

Terminus

Keep in mind the mirror was only shattered in one timeline. It should still exist in the others, if it was ever even created.

It could exist in the AT, but only berfore TWW, after which Hyrule was irreversibly flooded, burying Hyrule, the Master Sword, and almost certainly te Mirror of Twilight.

FT is the best bet, beings it is indestructible even with Ganon's power.

Terminus

That's exactly what I was thinking! I could see the Twili on the Defeat timeline.

This is making the same assumption that I made, that the Twili were imprisioned in the war for the :triforce: and before the split...

There is no indication that they were imprisioned between OoT and TP, and there are several indicators that several centuries had passed. There was also a conspicuous lack of any knowledge of the Twili in the general public. Also, the transformation into full Twili was implied to have taken more than just a few centuries.

No because it's dark there. :xd:

I'm sure that the Twili could return to the series because the games aren't released in order of the timeline (which doesn't 100% really make sense in the first place.) I think it's very possible that we haven't seen the last of the Twili--past, present, or future--especially because Midna is such a beloved character in the Zelda community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom