• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Could This Be a Sneak Peek of ZeldaU Link?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So, just a random thought, but something worth considering maybe...?

main.png

For those of you who don't know, this is an image of Link for the Super Smash Bros. game coming out next year. Some of you may have been expecting Skyward Sword Link since SS was the latest 3D release, but it seems Nintendo has other plans. As you can tell, this Link is a closer render to the TP rendition, which hints at the credible return of a realistic-looking Link for the next Zelda game.

While this piece of news is nothing more than a theory on my part, it's still fun to discuss. What are your thoughts? Agree or disagree? :)

Last edited:

Clank

Hmm
I hope that this is what Zelda U's Link looks like, however I remain skeptical about whether or not they would do this, as Link in brawl looked a bit different from TP's link(at least in my opinion)

Skittles

Rainbows!
He's pretty hot, I won't lie about that...

But, I see this Link as a ramped up (graphically) version of SS Link without the lips and when with a few extra details... Perhaps with a dash of TP Link here and there for spice. Now, considering that a kind of cartoony-Link (like this one, or a realistic Link with brighter colors) would be totally awesome in a new game (because realism should have bright colors...) I wouldn't be against this being a hint for a new Link though I have my doubts about it being the truth...

Mmm... it could be. I wouldn't put much faith in it at this point though. I'd be really happy if it was; he looks very good, probably one of the best designs so far... I love it :)

Anywho, he can't quite be placed as an HD SS link or an HD TP, he resembles both (although more TP, with the arm guard, sword hand, pants, and sharper eyes), so I smell a new Link brewing if he isn't based off of a currently known incarnation. Either that or he just represents the character as a whole :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I bloody hope so. This Link is the greatest looking yet. TP was great enough as is, Brawl was even better than that, but this. O_O This trumps even those. No small feat.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
But, I see this Link as a ramped up (graphically) version of SS Link without the lips and when with a few extra details... Perhaps with a dash of TP Link here and there for spice.

Well, it's clearly TP Link's outfit and Hylian Shield, so it's not just "spice". The TP look is an important part of this design. But, yes, Link's figure is more akin to SS Link, just slightly altered.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think it's very possible that SSB4 Link is the Link we'll see in Zelda U. Even if that's so, there might be some very minor tweaks made to his appearance in the actual canon game versus what we see now, but this could very well be an accurate sneak peak. Nice catch! :yes:

o_O I never thought of that... I just thought it was a juiced-up, even hotter TP Link.

But now that you mention it, I think that's not all that unlikely! In fact, I don't doubt it. He strikes an even balance between SS and TP... and need I mention that he's kind of really freaking hot?

A Link like that in a brightly-colored game... all my yes. I want it to happen, and I believe that the Big N won't let us down with him.

One of the higher-ups at Nintendo's Zelda team, Aonuma afaik, expressed interest in reusing Skyward Sword's art style in the future. It wouldn't surprise me if this visual update is the Link they use in Zelda Wii U. Unlike SS's passive Link, I'm rather fond of this one. Link should always be a fierce looking, gritty fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom