• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could these 3 games be made canon?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You CANNOT merge timelines, it just can't happen.
I was going to say that, but then I realized Crisis on Infinite Earths exists (it's DC, not Zelda, but it still kind of shows that kind of thing happening). It's complicated and kind of deletes parts of history, but a writer who wanted to could make it happen.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Given Hyrule Warriors' Plot. I can say it could be cannon under the terms that after the game and everything is settled that Lana and Cia are one again and she fixes the time lines making the game basically never hapen in the time line as she goes back to her job of watchin over time.

Kinda like Sonic 06 where the timeline is reset and it never happened. So yes I can believe that Hyrule Warriors could happen but anything it did will not effect the timelines or characters in it except lana and cia.

Given Hyrule Warriors' Plot. I can say it could be cannon under the terms that after the game and everything is settled that Lana and Cia are one again and she fixes the time lines making the game basically never hapen in the time line as she goes back to her job of watchin over time.

Kinda like Sonic 06 where the timeline is reset and it never happened. So yes I can believe that Hyrule Warriors could happen but anything it did will not effect the timelines or characters in it except lana and cia.

I agree with this.

I know making HW canon would be 'out there', but Zelda is fantasy, and in the realm of fantasy, anything can be made possible. The only challenge is if it is done right.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
maybe in the future they could make a zelda game where the timelines merge
How can timelines merge? You can't have three histories becoming one. How can the hero of time die 1/3 of the time and not die 2/3? How can Hyrule flood but not flood?

How can timelines merge? You can't have three histories becoming one. How can the hero of time die 1/3 of the time and not die 2/3? How can Hyrule flood but not flood?

Who knows. But I'm sure Nintendo could come up with something, as there are many ridiculous things out there in the realm of the fantasy genre and this is no different.

The way I see it is, one of the three timelines would have to be the "true" timeline, and then the other 2 just end up merging with it somehow. Like, the child timeline is the true one, and the decline timeline itself gets sucked into another dimension, so a dimension within another dimension, with the previous dimension being subsequently erased; and the same with the adult timeline. Or something like that lol, it's all a lot to get one's head around, and it's all crazy stuff, but my point is, there's crazy stuff all throughout the fantasy genre. I mean, can anybody seriously claim that the timeline split in OOT actually makes sense anyway? Some could argue that, when Link went back, that in turn erased the adult timeline altogether. That's an argument someone could make by bringing logic into it, but bringing logic into fantasy is pointless IMO because it all makes little sense to start off with anyway.

And so with that said, I say make HW canon lol.

(And the other 2 games in my OP, as mentioned, would be extremely easy to make canon in comparison).

Unless its outright stated like in LA, saying something could be a dream just seems like a lazy cop-out to make something fit even though it doesn't belong. By that logic, even games like Soul Calibur II could be considered canon.

I'm not really a Zelda Lore afficionado per se I start with the games, so for me, all those games represent something important about Zelda.

From what I recall, I don't think Crossbow Training had much of a story. So I don't see why it couldn't be canon, it would just be "Link at one point went on a rampage with a crossbow during the events of TP."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom