• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could the Wind Temple Be the Water Temple?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I've been thinking about this for some time, and I think it makes some sense. My theory is this: the Wind Temple from Wind Waker is the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. I'll discuss my points below:

1. The shape of the main room is the same in both Temples. Both of the Temples have a large cylindrical room that goes down many floors.

2. The main objective of bother Temples are the same. The main objective in the Water Temple is to bring the water level up and down, allowing access to different parts of the Temple. The main objective of the Wind Temple is to open and close the floor parts, allowing access to different parts of the Temple.

3. The main item of the Temples is the same - the Hookshot. (The main item in the Water Temple isn't really the Hookshot, but you know what I mean).

4. After defeating Morpha, the water in the Temple drains out, leaving no water left. This is the reason why there is no water left in the Wind Temple. Also, supposing some water still remained, that is not really an issue, since there is a 100 years gap between the events of Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, and the water could have dried up easily.

5. Morpha’s lair is in the top floor in the Water Temple, and there is a room in the top floor in the Wind Temple with many tiny Armos. That room could well be Morpha’s lair.

Well, that’s all I can think of for now. So what do you think about my theory? Does it sound reasonable? Are there some aspects that make it impossible?

Diablo

King of Redeads
Your theory sounds reasonable, wouldn't there be some portal on Dragon Roost island that would bring you to the water temple?

Ooccoo Watcher

Some guy with a Clawshot.
Well, the thing is, the main room of the Water Temple is located right when you walk in. You have to go through a few rooms to get to the main room of the Wind Temple. Also, the wind temple is located in a different spot on the great sea than Lake Hylia normally would be (Outset Island)

Pinecove

Last Chance
I'm not seeing it.
How is a temple located at the bottom of Lake Hylia now located on an island that was previously the top of a mountain?

It also wouldn't be possible because the water temple was at the bottom of a lake or a hill if it has dried up and and lower down like terrain was lower than hyrule castle so the water temple would be at the bottom of the ocean with hyrule castle.

I has similar elements as the Water Temple, but I don't think there is reason to believe that it is. The Zelda series reuses things of this nature many times, without it actually being the same thing. For example, the swamp palace in ALttP is also very similar to the Water Temple.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I agree with what people have said. They have similar elements and layouts but most temples do. Almost every temple has a main room with many floors that lead to all other areas of the temple. The first thing that came across my mind though was the location. Unless the water temple somehow grew legs and walked across Hyrule, the theory doesn't make much sense. Good try though. ;)

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
Well, it does make sense. The Ritos DID evolve from Zoras. It could be possible that Dragon Roost Island are the remains of either Zora's Domain, or Lake Hylia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom