• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could The Skyloft Be Related to the Rito Tribe from Wind Waker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Was searching for Skyward sword pictures and i found this... rito.jpg that actually looks like one of the rito tribe 250px-Rito_Chieftain.jpg and they have some similarities....

What is your opinion?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I don't think so. It was announced that the Rito tribe are evolved Zora's who had to gain the ability of flight to survive. But, the Skyloftians cloths do resemble them...

It much more likely they are simply designed to represent a similar real life tribe. as Zelda communities often do.
However my anthropology isn't the so i have no clue.

But yea Rito's evolved from Zora's so unless Skyloftians settled in Hyrule and became both Hylian's AND Zora's its a no.

However seeing as none of us have even played Skyward sword yet that could actually happen. (however very unlikely)

Pen

The game is on!
No, I definitely don't think there is a connection between Skyloft and the Ritos. Skyloft is a floating community amongst the clouds where humans live (Skyloftians). While the Ritos are the evolved forms of the Zoras who live on Dragon Roost Island hundreds of years later.

I know the two characters do look very similar, but I think that's just the design. Nintendo might have wanted the flying expert of Skyloft to look a little bit like the leader of the flying tribe of the Great Sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom