• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could the Rest of the Music in SwS Be Reversed Also?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I was searching through YouTube after finding out that the Main Theme for Skyward Sword was Zelda's Lullaby reversed. Could it be possibly that most or the rest of the Music in SwS could be backward also? Think about it, Nintendo did an amazing job on Fixing a song to be backwards and sound awsome, without anyone knowing. Could they do it again?

[video=youtube;NbBsT_f6gyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbBsT_f6gyo&feature=related[/video]

^ Backwards Music from MM and OoT. (and Kakariko Village from TP)

I think this Music would do awsome-sauce backwards, and you know, fixed to sound official. What are your thoughts? Should Nintendo try this? Use classical music tracks, or create a whole new sound track?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A mix between the two would be perfect. Half the songs as reverse soundtracks for easter eggs and nostalgia purposes, and the other half completely new would be an excellent idea. I think it would be awesome to try to find which soundtracks are easter eggs while enjoying the new music.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I doubt it, Zelda's lullaby backwards I think meant to signify that this was Zelda before, or it could be a part of the going back to basics, like going back in time to find the good stuff about the series. I think it will be the only track that will be another song backwards.

Those songs are amazing backwards though!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I doubt it, Zelda's lullaby backwards I think meant to signify that this was Zelda before, or it could be a part of the going back to basics, like going back in time to find the good stuff about the series. I think it will be the only track that will be another song backwards.

Actually, Zelda's Lullaby being backwards was just for an easter egg and holds no significance to the canon.

I highly doubt this will happen. Just because one is done doesn't mean others have to follow. (Kind of like with OoT 3D to MM 3D. Please don't start arguing about that, though. I was just making an analogy.)

While I don't think that we'll hear more reversed music in Skyward Sword, most tracks of Ocarina of Time DO sound nice and fresh backwards, it's quite phenomenal!

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I don't think so, but I'm sure crazy Zelda fans like me will reverse the whole OST searching for tunes from Link's past :P (I was so tempted to make 'aLttp' reference then :P)

I think that would get very old, very quick
just because an idea is good, doesn't mean it will be good if you do it Over and Over

As a musician myself, it doesn't really make a lot of thematic sense to purposefully compose a new soundtrack and have the songs be backwards renditions of previous Zelda themes. Compositionally, it would be uninspiring to create a soundtrack like that, and if there's one thing musicians love, it's broadening their horizons and feeling a sense of accomplishment from diversifying their material. Koji Kondo does use a lot of recurring motifs throughout the series, but that's different, and an entirely seperate subject in many ways.

Re-utilizing certain sounds and melodies for nostalgia/context-appropriate scenarios is one thing, but having it backwards for the sake of finding out and being like "that's cool, dude" is another. :P

Don't get me wrong, the main theme of SS sounds awesome, and when I realized it was Zelda's Lullaby backwards, I did react pretty excitedly. But I'm looking forward to a fresh soundtrack filled with Koji's usual flair and inspiration. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom