• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could the Kokiri come back in the current timeline going forward?

I really miss these small yet humanoid Hylians.

BOTW was able to have both the Rito tribe and the Zora in the same game world.

So why not the Kokiri and the Korok in the same game world?

The more races, the merrier, I say.

And while we're at it, I'd love to see the Minish return. Though they'd be harder to notice but maybe they could be incorporated. Most of us have seen the BOTW concept art of the little village with its miniature houses. Those were small but not quite small enough to be Minish... I still wonder what was up with that...

I'd also love to see the friendlier Majora's Mask version of the Deku to return or make their debut as a race in a main Hyrule setting 3D Zelda game.

And the friendly monkeys too of MM & TP.

Thanks for reading.

They probably could because Aonuma does what Aonuma wants.

Especially since the established timeline is now canonically the 'era of myth' which means Aonuma can now cherry pick whatever lore he wants going forward to make future ideas work.

D

Deleted member 83535

Personally, I feel there's no point to the Kokiri's, they're just childlike humans. What I would like to have seen in Breath of the Wild or possibly its sequel are Yetis. Yeto was really fun.
And the Dekus on Majora's Mask were really interesting, I'd be down to see them again. Minish could be interesting too.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Doubtful. Ninty has a strange hardon for their weird @$$ Koroks.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Technically speaking Zora n Rito could both exist due to divergent evolution could explain why theres no ocean zora and only river zora in hyrule now. (that's a guess by the wy considering WW n all)

ALL the kokiri were forest spirits who served the Great Deku Tree as time went on they shed their old childish forms and took on new ones better..........."adapted" for forest life

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Following up on two things that Wyjim and John Oak said...

Kokiri, at least from Ocarina of Time, were kind of just like child-Hylians. At least in physical appearance.

In Breath of the Wild, Nintendo made the decision to bring back to the Rito and Zora, despite what prior lore had stated.

I think this was done as Rito and Zora have very distinctive looks and abilities. They make for good races in the world as their is a lot to work with. If Nintendo choose to bring the Kokiri back in Breath of the Wild, it would be harder for them to distinguish from Hylians. I think this is why they choose to go the route of the Korok instead. They are much more of a distinctive race.

That said... Nintendo could always flip the script and bring them back. I think they've proven they can do whatever they want to do.

D

Deleted member 83535

Agreed. I mean, we already have Hylian, Sheikah, Gerudo and arguably the inhabitants of Lurelin, whom if nothing else are different looking Hylians. Kokiri are simply childlike humans with green hair. Sure they could fit if crammed in and I wouldn't mind, but I just don't see the point since their purpose is already being filled by Koroks and they offer nothing new.
Yeti's would, they would populate the vast empty tundra that is the Hebra region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom