• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could The Goddesses Have Pro-Created?

Yes they are female when they are immortal. However, Din and Farrore are male in their mortal forms. Could they have created new Gods like the ones we see in Twilight Princess, the Light spirits? What if Majora was the child of Ganondorf and Zelda? Could other Gods mentioned in the games be the direct descendants of the Gods themselves?

Where is it shown that Din and Farore have male mortal forms? I haven't played the Oracle games to know if the characters who share names with the goddesses are supposed to in fact be them, but they were all female there.

However, we do have incarnations or representative forms of the goddesses in the form of spirits, quite a few times in the series. While they're their own characters and probably not the goddesses themselves, the dragons in Skyward Sword are likely the closest thing to those three goddesses being reincarnated--possibly like how Zelda in that game was Hylia in essence. And Lanayru and Eldin were indeed male in that case. I don't really know if they would quite literally procreate, as I would imagine reproduction of the divine would be a more spiritual type of reproduction and not literal/physical birth.

Zelda is a human, born from humans, but she's descended from a reincarnation of Hylia, so in some way, she is still a descendant of a goddess. I don't really think Majora would have a connection to Hyrule's divinity, simply because he's not from Hyrule, as far as I know.

What if Majora was the child of Ganondorf and Zelda?

Wut

I mean first of all, Majora is ancient in MM, and existed long before Ganon and OoT Zelda. Second of all, Majora exists in a parallel dimension from Hyrule. Third, why would Zelda and Ganon have intercourse? Fourth, how would a Hylian and Gerudo produce...whatever Majora is? Fifth, where is the evidence or proof?

I'm sorry, but that theory is WAY farfetched, IMO, not to mention baseless.

I guess that the goddesses could be capable of asexually reproducing, but we don't have much information in that regard.

Last edited:
Where is it shown that Din and Farore have male mortal forms? I haven't played the Oracle games to know if the characters who share names with the goddesses are supposed to in fact be them, but they were all female there.

However, we do have incarnations or representative forms of the goddesses in the form of spirits, quite a few times in the series. While they're their own characters and probably not the goddesses themselves, the dragons in Skyward Sword are likely the closest thing to those three goddesses being reincarnated--possibly like how Zelda in that game was Hylia in essence. And Lanayru and Eldin were indeed male in that case. I don't really know if they would quite literally procreate, as I would imagine reproduction of the divine would be a more spiritual type of reproduction and not literal/physical birth.

Zelda is a human, born from humans, but she's descended from a reincarnation of Hylia, so in some way, she is still a descendant of a goddess. I don't really think Majora would have a connection to Hyrule's divinity, simply because he's not from Hyrule, as far as I know.
Good point. There is no real evidence that there are mortal forms of Din and Farrore. Only Speculation that because Zelda is the Goddess Hylia incarnate that Link and Gandondorf must be of the same. But what if I was right, and Majora's Mask is the tale of Link defeating Ganodorf's demi-god child, Majora. If I had to guess. Link became the Lord of Termina which allowed him to marry Zelda, and become the next king of Hyrule. Zelda birthed the Light Spirits, and the events of TP unfold. What do you think?

Wut

I mean first of all, Majora is ancient in MM, and existed long before Ganon and OoT Zelda. Second of all, Majora exists in a parallel dimension from Hyrule. Third, why would Zelda and Ganon have intercourse? Fourth, how would a Hylian and Gerudo produce...whatever Majora is? Fifth, where is the evidence or proof?

I'm sorry, but that theory is WAY farfetched, IMO, not to mention baseless.

I guess that the goddesses could be capable of asexually reproducing, but we don't have any information in that regard.
Yeah Majora is ancient, But Gods such as Demise Transcend time themselves. In fact, you may have given me a knew idea that Majora might be the direct child of Demise. That might make more sense if Demise spawned a child it might be Majora. The idea that Demise might have forced a child onto Hylia is far-fetched, I'll admit. Although, I stand my ground that the Gods do have off-spring. Zelda, obviously is the direct descendent of Hylia in every game. The speculation really looks into how the Goddesses are approaching mortal form and they create off-spring with varrying degrees of Godly power kind of like the Greek Gods.

Hylia isn't Nayru, though. Zelda bears a Triforce piece unrelated to her being descended from Hylia. To beat a piece of the Triforce means you're chosen by the Triforce, it doesn't mean you're divine. Link and Ganondorf are just people the Triforce picked.
You're right, Zelda is the mortal incarnate Hylia. That would mean that the Goddess Hylia would reincarnate within every Zelda of that Royale bloodline. The whole reason Hylia did this was so that she could use the triforce, as only mortals could obtain it's power. But that just proves my point even further that the Goddesses do have off-spring. Now think of them from the perspective of a greek god. What if they had other off-spring.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
You're right, Zelda is the mortal incarnate Hylia. That would mean that the Goddess Hylia would reincarnate within every Zelda of that Royale bloodline. The whole reason Hylia did this was so that she could use the triforce, as only mortals could obtain it's power. But that just proves my point even further that the Goddesses do have off-spring. Now think of them from the perspective of a greek god. What if they had other off-spring.
I'm not quite sure this qualifies as a goddess having offspring. Zelda from SS isn't best described as Hylia in human form, but rather as a reincarnation. So she isn't Hylia, she's Zelda. Zelda herself is 100% Hylian, but she inherited the powers and certain memories of the goddess. Hylia doesnt "reincarnate within every Zelda of that Royal bloodline". Only that first Zelda was the goddess incarnate, every other Zeld apart that point simply inherited the powers of the goddess, as well as the light force. They each carry the blood of the goddess and being pure mortals are able to wield the triforce. Past the point of SS Hylia is dead, only the ancestors of SS Zelda remain.

Majora was definitely created by the Goddesses. But not born from them, in the traditional sense. Considering Farore created all life, and Majora was once alive, Farore created Majora. But they didn't, like, reproduce Majora...if anything they would have reproduced the Fierce Deity as their mortal forms would have created a humanoid like the Fierce Deity.

As to the genders of the goddesses, they are female in immortal form. Well, they're probably genderless in their immortal form cuz gender is a very earthly thing. If you were to gender-swap any of the Goddesses, I'd probably make Din and Nayru male to match the genders of the dragons from Skyward Sword.

Also "Din and Farore are male in their mortal forms"...Ganon and Link (and Zelda) aren't the mortal forms of the Golden Goddesses. Ganon's the mortal form of Demise, Zelda the mortal form of Hylia, Link the mortal form of the "spirit of the hero."

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Link became the Lord of Termina which allowed him to marry Zelda, and become the next king of Hyrule. Zelda birthed the Light Spirits, and the events of TP unfold.
ok just imagine zelda being like, "oh link im giving birth" and then the kids are just freaking glowing animal things and link is just like, "ok I knew you'd probably cheat on me but who the hell were you with"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom