• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could someone please help me with my team?

Hello,

Could anyone help me increasing my R/B/Y team?

Nidoking lv. 100.

~Earthquake
~Amnesia
~Ice beam
~Thunderbolt

Slowbro lv. 100.

~Surf
~Amnesia
~Rest
~Ice beam

Alakazam lv. 100.

~Psychic
~Recover
~Thunder Wave
~Reflect

Machamp lv. 100.

~Lowkick
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Substitute

Arcanine lv. 100.

~Fireblast
~Hyper Beam
~Body Slam
~Reflect

Exeggutor lv. 100.

~???
~???
~???
~???

Does anyone have some good suggestions on movesets, or is there some Pokémons i should consider adding to my team? I'm thinking that perhaps some of them should be switched out, and I'm not entirely sure whether the movesets are the best, so if anyone have any suggestions to improve my team, please feel free to come up with any suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd maybe put Gengar in there... possibly for Alakazam. Your team is very heavily Psychic with Alakazam and Slowbro in there... and if I'm much mistaken, Exeggutor's second type is Psychic. I like Ghost types and you've more or less got every other type covered, I think.

My reason for my team being heavily psychic orientated is because of the fact that Psychic types were superior in R/B/Y. But i will definitely consider Gengar, do you have a good moveset for it?.

I was never the biggest fan of Exeggutor. Way too many weaknesses. Its sprite in R/B looked beastly though. Snorlax always ends up on my team somehow.

I'm assuming you're not using any legendaries?

Hard to say because I can't remember what moves are and aren't in the original games.

Ghost types are a little suspect... especially in Red, Blue and Yellow considering the only Ghost types are Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar... they're immune to physical types and they have fairly high evasion stats usually but if they take a hit they get hit bad. Its up to you... Alakazam is probably stronger and has a higher defence.

You have most other type covered. I think. I would be tempted to swap Arcanine for another Fire type. Maybe Charizard or Magmar. Or possibly Moltres as you don't have a Flying type in there. And I was never a fan of Exeggutor... Would be tempted to either use Venusaur. Or alternatively swapping for a Dragon type like Dragonite.

Edit: Also if you want an all out Psychic type, Mewtwo might be a better option than Alakazam.

Here's the team I use (Yellow version):
Blastoise:
-Surf
-Dig
-Ice Beam
-Rock Smash
Charizard:
-Fly
-Slash
-Flamethrower
-Fire Punch
Pikachu:
-Thunder
-Thunder Bolt
-Thunder Wave
-Pay Day
Dragonite:
-Thunder
-Fire Blast
-Slam
-Dragon Rage
Mr. Mime
-Psychic
-Barrier
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
Nidoking:
-Earthquake
-Thrash
-Bubblebeam
-Toxic

I'm going to say this now: Many moves that I have these guys armed with are hard to use in the average battling situation. I wouldn't dive straight for my team.
But here are some recommendations for your team:
-Machamp isn't all that good, so if you want to change him for someone else, replace him with a Primeape. Primeapes are very fast, powerful, and they can use electric type moves.
-Fire types are (for an odd reason) usually bad in the 1st generation. I don't know why, but that's kind of the way it is. Arcanine is one of the better ones, but if he isn't satisfying you, swap for a Muk. Muks can typically learn Ice moves, Fire moves, and Electric moves. They cover a lot of ground. And if nothing else, they can use Explosion, the most powerful move in the game.
-Exeggutor is a fantastic Pokemon. Here's a moveset I recommend:
Solar Beam
Psychic
Stomp
Explosion

Other than that, your team is well constructed. I disagree with a couple of your choices, but you made some smart decisions on what you chose.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking of adding Tauros with: Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Horn Drill.

Also, Starmie seems to be a better alternative to Slowbro. Seriously though, look at it's movepool. Thunderwave,T-bolt,Confuse Ray,Recover,Psychic,Surf.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
I don't understand what this is about, but if it's in-game, I got through the whole thing with Venusaur alone. And it wasn't even Lv. 100! So, I would suggest putting a Venusaur in there. Moveset: Vine Whip, ???, ???, ???.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking of adding Tauros with: Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Horn Drill.

Also, Starmie seems to be a better alternative to Slowbro. Seriously though, look at it's movepool. Thunderwave,T-bolt,Confuse Ray,Recover,Psychic,Surf.
Tauros can learn Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. Just a heads up.

Weird, I know:lol:

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Jolteon is a great choice if you're looking for an electric type its speed can't be beat and has an excellant Special Attack.

I just caught a Tauros, trained it to Lv. 100, and it now knows the four moves: Earthquake,Bodyslam,Horn Drill, Hyper Beam. Initially, i am impressed. You can quickly K.O a good bunch of opponents using only Hyper Beam, or first Body Slam then Hyper Beam. And, Hyper Beam, does not need to recharge ( in Pokémon R/B/Y ) granted that you make a K.O.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom