• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could OoT-Phantom Ganon Be Vaati?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
You're still missing the meat of the argument however: Why would he shove Vaati into a Phantom Ganon form and give him Ganon attacks when he's just as capable when using his own? Frankly the fact that he did release two other monsters and let them do their thing is a solid indication that Vaati had no presence in OoT.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Finally someone with some sense here lol, you have hit the nail on the head with that one why would he when he's already gotten two ancient creatures to serve him? vaati would represent a danger to ganon and he'd just kill him in a fight.

I was thinking yesterday that maybe Vaati = the spirit in Majora's Mask. I have absolutely no evidence for this, and I haven't really started looking to flesh out the theory.
That's another matter though. I agree- Phantom Ganon is not Vaati. He is a different enemy.

Spirits get put into masks in Zelda Logic. So Vaati couldn't be the spirit of Majora. A better question is who is dumb enough to play the Song of healing to keep him around.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
When you defeat phantom ganon, the real ganon's voice tells you it was a 'worthless creation' (at least in the english version), and we know from MC that ganon didn't create vaati.

Ganondorf is not necessarily saying that Phantom Ganon was his creation; he merely calls him "a worthless creation", but not necessarily a creation of his own. Just a bit of speculation on the wording.

theThomas117 said:
Also, Vaati wasn't even around when OoT was made. I just can't see a connection there.

I like this theory. It is completely possible; however, as the above quote brings up, there is no way that Nintendo could have created the character of Phantom Ganon, knowing that it was the not-yet created Vaati. On the other hand, they could have later created Vaati knowing that he was Phantom Ganon. I just don't see this as a very likely move by Nintendo. Very interesting theory, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom