• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could OoT-Phantom Ganon Be Vaati?

K

KinRyuTen

I will always be under the impression that anything related to the Four Swords games are in a separate Zelda universe.

Phantom Ganon was a creation of of Ganondorf he made from a part of his shadow, I think that's it. But what I don't get is why is it phantom "Ganon" and not phantom "Ganondorf" because ganon is Ganondorf's full form.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well Ganon himself looks very different in WW and FSA. Phantom Ganon is described as being a phantom created in Ganon's image, I don't think it has any connection to Vaati.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
There is pretty much no way of Phantom Ganon being Vaati. In Ocarina of Time after you defeat PG, Ganondorf, himself, says that the Ghost is worthless and bannishes him, essentially destroying the existense of PG.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Phantom Ganon. Literally the phantom of Ganondorf.
I can't see him being Vaati. You'd expect it to be Ganondorf's phantom and that's it.
Not all villians can be connected or related.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
This whole theory rests on some strange connections. Vaati must be PG because PG isn't killed? That really seems odd to me.

Short answer: No, I don't think they're the same at all. By the end of MC, Vaati isn't even humanoid anymore. Yes Ganon could change things shape no doubt if he wanted. But why would he. Vaati and Vaati's attacks were perfectly fine means of killing young heroes in over their head, so why turn the guy into a double of himself?

Besides, why would he go through the trouble of entering the shrine and unleashing Vaati, only to use him as a temple boss unless he really needed to? Surely it was far simpler to just create a phantom of himself, that he could dispel and recreate at any time. Surely he knew about the Shrine (definitely by FSA), so I'd be inclined to believe Ganon would leave him until he was absolutely necessary. In much the same way he acted in TP.

Why Vaati didn't appear on the other timelines shouldn't be hard to guess. On the adult timeline Hyrule, and all within it, is destroyed. Only a scant few knew of the legends possessed, mostly because they were a part of it. Those are lost after the defeat, and the final use of the Triforce on that timeline. On the defeated timeline, you may recall in the Dark World there's at least one giant eye boss, possibly all were once a part of Vaati. After all, you don't want to keep a monstrous creature around that might actually stand a chance of beating you, right? Can't say anything about the sword, but it seems unlikely Ganon would have left Vaati alone once he had the Triforce, and less likely he would have just let Vaati run around freely. Better to have more mindless allies than vengeful antagonists.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Probably not, good point but im assuming its possible he could have never found the sword because it was so well hidden, or they moved the sword before Oot from Hyrule Castle.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Phantom Ganon was a creation of of Ganondorf he made from a part of his shadow, I think that's it. But what I don't get is why is it phantom "Ganon" and not phantom "Ganondorf" because ganon is Ganondorf's full form.

Maybe Ganondorf was being pig headed?

This whole theory rests on some strange connections. Vaati must be PG because PG isn't killed? That really seems odd to me.

Short answer: No, I don't think they're the same at all. By the end of MC, Vaati isn't even humanoid anymore. Yes Ganon could change things shape no doubt if he wanted. But why would he. Vaati and Vaati's attacks were perfectly fine means of killing young heroes in over their head, so why turn the guy into a double of himself?

Besides, why would he go through the trouble of entering the shrine and unleashing Vaati, only to use him as a temple boss unless he really needed to? Surely it was far simpler to just create a phantom of himself, that he could dispel and recreate at any time. Surely he knew about the Shrine (definitely by FSA), so I'd be inclined to believe Ganon would leave him until he was absolutely necessary. In much the same way he acted in TP.

I don't mean to crush your parade but he freed two beings for temple bosses or did you think Volvagia resurrected itself and Bongo Bongo freed itself? Before you say anything about BB being able to do so, don't you think BB would have done it centuries before hand? and then proceed to slaughter everything in his path?

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
He didn't change Volvagia into a different form though. And Volvagia and Bongo Bongo seem pretty mindless to me. Not only did I never say he couldn't resurrect creatures, I don't see how his revival of creatures who gets to keep their form and aren't all that powerful considering, is a valid argument against his taking a final boss and stuffing it into his own image with his own abilities.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I was thinking yesterday that maybe Vaati = the spirit in Majora's Mask. I have absolutely no evidence for this, and I haven't really started looking to flesh out the theory.
That's another matter though. I agree- Phantom Ganon is not Vaati. He is a different enemy.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
He didn't change Volvagia into a different form though. And Volvagia and Bongo Bongo seem pretty mindless to me. Not only did I never say he couldn't resurrect creatures, I don't see how his revival of creatures who gets to keep their form and aren't all that powerful considering, is a valid argument against his taking a final boss and stuffing it into his own image with his own abilities.

I don't think a mindless being could escape from their prison very well? do you also Volvagia was never a mindless being in the way it attacks and they way it deliberately went to the heart of a volcano and then proceed to capture all the gorons, and Bongo went to a major source of death energy no doubt about it and then went several miles below it to a significant loaction.

Vaati couldn't be Majora, Vaati is male and unless people are wierd in the way they hear Majora is female, though i'd love to hear some theories on majora any day ^^. Back to the topic at hand it wouldn't make sense that ganondorf would take a being whose life is spent in pursuit of the very thing ganon desires he may have done it once if FS/ FSA but why would he in OOT? Vaati would make a bigger threat than link and ganondorf is a power hungry meglomanic at the best of times, and they'd just war and if anything ganon ain't it ain't stupid, he'd go for the least problematic situation, my idea is if he found the Four Sword he'd have sealed it away in his tower which'd explain why vaati never made another appearance, or he destroyed both sword and vaati alike, Vaati may have the light force but that is the Triforce of Wisdom and Ganon possesses the Triforce of Power and Power un restrained beats Wisdom, ( you can't predict a crazy man). And before you say the light force isnt the TOW, think, it came from a zelda and zelda is well known to possess the TOW maybe those people thought the TOW was the light force, though my personal belief is like OOS and OOA the land MC and other Vaati related games and in a realm of their own and do not interfere with Hyrule much like Termina.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom