• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Could OoT 3D Be Ura-Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
yeah look at the beta picture of it :p
Is there any proof? Please post a link, redirecting to this picture. Well, yes, I don't believe you.

Well, about Ura Zelda. I think this project is dead. To date, I'm really fascinated by searching stuff belonged to the never released Zelda 64, planned to be released on the 64DD expansion. I even watched this mysterious french commercial of Zelda 64 a hundred times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtl4wcUlDw

But I think there isn't any new stuff left I didn't see already. So, I think Ura Zelda is officially dead, judging by Nintendos reaction. But like in the link of brojoe44, some folks ary trying to renew Ura Zelda. Including new dungeons and many other stuff lik the classic version of the Great Fairy. All this stuff were once planned, but never made it in our well known Ocarina of Time. Also, this Restoration is based on old trailers, articles of video game magazines and this Debug Rom. Only Nintendo knows how to put the missing things right together. Zelda 64/Ura Zelda is maybe one of the most anticipated never released games of all time. All because the 64DD sucked. So, like many of you have said before, Master Quest is not Ura Zelda.

And I don't think the 3DS Remake will feature this missing content. There is the german GamePro Review. No word is mentioned about stuff from the beta, a new Dungeon or complete new Items. Maybe there will be a big surprise at the end, but the chances are very small. Nintendo will never release Ura Zelda.

Last edited:
O

omegared71

Is there any proof? Please post a link, redirecting to this picture. Well, yes, I don't believe you.

Well, about Ura Zelda. I think this project is dead. To date, I'm really fascinated by searching stuff belonged to the never released Zelda 64, planned to be released on the 64DD expansion. I even watched this mysterious french commercial of Zelda 64 a hundred times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtl4wcUlDw

But I think there isn't any new stuff left I didn't see already. So, I think Ura Zelda is officially dead, judging by Nintendos reaction. But like in the link of brojoe44, some folks ary trying to renew Ura Zelda. Including new dungeons and many other stuff lik the classic version of the Great Fairy. All this stuff were once planned, but never made it in our well known Ocarina of Time. Also, this Restoration is based on old trailers, articles of video game magazines and this Debug Rom. Only Nintendo knows how to put the missing things right together. Zelda 64/Ura Zelda is maybe one of the most anticipated never released games of all time. All because the 64DD sucked. So, like many of you have said before, Master Quest is not Ura Zelda.

And I don't think the 3DS Remake will feature this missing content. There is the german GamePro Review. No word is mentioned about stuff from the beta, a new Dungeon or complete new Items. Maybe there will be a big surprise at the end, but the chances are very small. Nintendo will never release Ura Zelda.

hmm i couldnt find a picture but its in the french trailer :p it shows link standing a corner and he walks towards it like 2 steps then turns :p

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
hmm i couldnt find a picture but its in the french trailer :p it shows link standing a corner and he walks towards it like 2 steps then turns :p

But this is no blood. It's just a completely different Deku Tree design.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
The Ura-version is Master Quest. They're the same thing. So, no.

I really appreciate your theories Juicie. But this time, I have to ask you, what makes you so sure of the fact Ura Zelda is Master Quest? In my opinion, Master Quest is just an updated version of Ocarina of Time. Maybe there are a few elements of the planned Ura Zelda included, but, looking at the Debug Rom, Ura Zelda was a complete different version. Including tons of new side quests.

Maybe Nintendo promotes Master Quest as Ura Zelda, but the real Ura Zelda will be locked in the secret Nintendo Dungeon forever ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I really appreciate your theories Juicie. But this time, I have to ask you, what makes you so sure of the fact Ura Zelda is Master Quest. In my opinion, Master Quest is just an updated version of Ocarina of Time. Maybe there are a few elements of the planned Ura Zelda included, but, looking at the Debug Rom, Ura Zelda was a complete different version. Including tons of new side quest.

Maybe Nintendo promote Master Quest as Ura Zelda, but the Ura Zelda will be locked in the secret Nintendo Dungeon forever ;)

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Ura_Zelda

Read that and you'll see how.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Read that and you'll see how.
Looks like neither of us is right or wrong. But the article suits to my own thoughts;

Maybe Nintendo promotes Master Quest as Ura Zelda, but the real Ura Zelda will be locked in the secret Nintendo Dungeon forever

And another quote, this time from the article you posted;

Due to public demand for the completed game however, parts of Ura Zelda were released on the Nintendo GameCube as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest on a bonus disc for those who pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

I marked the word "parts". It's like I said, Master Quest doesen't feature all of the planned stuff. I think it's far from what was originally planned.
So, Ura Zelda might be officially called Master Quest, because Nintendo told so, but every Fan knows that this version is not the original Ura Zelda that was planned in the past (on the 64DD)

Anyway, thanks for the link Juicie.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I will explain this Ura Zelda mystery. Although i already made sumilar post in another thread, this version will be more detailed.

Every game has different stages of development and at least one codename. Final version of the game can be almost identical or completely different than the early version.

I will tell you the truth - there are actually TWO Ura Zeldas.

First Ura Zelda is the early version. Originally, the 64DD Ura Zelda expansion disk was going to work in tandem with Ocarina of Time cartridge. Yes, both cartridge and disk was needed to make it work. By doing this, the player could create a special save file for 2nd quest. It was going to look like this:
http://www.jaytheham.com/zcw/Ocarina_of_Time_Crooked_Cartridge_-_URA_Zelda
This picture shows the "Original Ura Zelda" file made by Crooked Cartridge Glitch.

Second Ura Zelda is the final version. That's the Master Quest, which everyone knows. 3DS version of it will be even harder, due to 2x received damage and mirror mode. After MQ was released, some people became happy, and others not.

It's currently unknown what was the gameplay differences between early version and Master Quest, but one thing is obvious - for unhappy fans, the unreleased 64DD version is the REAL Ura Zelda. For me, "Master Quest being (final) Ura Zelda" is enough and I'm happy with that.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
It's currently unknown what was the gameplay differences between early version and Master Quest, but one thing is obvious - for unhappy fans, the unreleased 64DD version is the REAL Ura Zelda. For me, "Master Quest being (final) Ura Zelda" is enough and I'm happy with that.

Oh, that's a very nice closing line. I totally agree.

Greetings to Poland.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Thanks! BTW, after reading this quote, I would like to see the full article.
Due to public demand for the completed game however, parts of Ura Zelda were released on the Nintendo GameCube as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest on a bonus disc for those who pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.
Could someone give me a link?

B

brojoe44

i'll have to agree and disagree on that because i wasn't happy with Master Quest at all besides the challenging factor on it but the truth is the gamecube isn't powerful enough to be able to play ura zelda if it was possible due to the regular nintendo 64 cartridge holding the map etc. but then URA Zelda in the 64DD portion so that'd just fit new stuff some new characters and more text and most likely some added parts of the map etc. which seems kinda dull... since same exact thing just more stuff URA Zelda was just an Expansion pack nothing really so great well then again i never liked expansion packs, URA zelda would've just been like F-Zero X Expansion pack for the 64DD just new contents same old thing barely anything but it'd of been nice to experiance that extra story its like you buying a chocolate chip cookie and you also wanted to know what it'd taste like with sprinkles but all of the sprinkles just suddenly disapeared resulting them just giving you a regular cookie -chocolatechip=LoZ -Sprinkles=Ura regular=LoZMQ or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT3D can't be Ura Zelda for these reasons: Ura was supposed to introduce new dungeons and supposedly new items and enemies to the fray. All OoT3D does is give a slightly easier, better graphics version of the original game. Master Quest (GC) isn't Ura Zelda, it's a rushed redesign of OoT due to everything being the same besides dungeon puzzles and enemies being different. MQ (OoT3D) is pretty much the same as MQ (GC) except given a Wii version feeling (meaning it's mirrored) and possibly different enemy/puzzle placements than the original Master Quest. All of the visions, extra things inside the Water Temple, and even the touch screen inventory don't amount to the content that was supposedly going to be given in Ura Zelda because that's just clean up. Ura was supposed to have entirely new content, not just alternate ways of doing an already existing dungeon/puzzle..

Ura Zelda and Zelda Gaiden are the two projects that Nintendo was working for the N64DD. Gaiden is what we know as Majora's Mask. Ura is an expanded version of Master Quest.

O

omegared71

OoT3D can't be Ura Zelda for these reasons: Ura was supposed to introduce new dungeons and supposedly new items and enemies to the fray. All OoT3D does is give a slightly easier, better graphics version of the original game. Master Quest (GC) isn't Ura Zelda, it's a rushed redesign of OoT due to everything being the same besides dungeon puzzles and enemies being different. MQ (OoT3D) is pretty much the same as MQ (GC) except given a Wii version feeling (meaning it's mirrored) and possibly different enemy/puzzle placements than the original Master Quest. All of the visions, extra things inside the Water Temple, and even the touch screen inventory don't amount to the content that was supposedly going to be given in Ura Zelda because that's just clean up. Ura was supposed to have entirely new content, not just alternate ways of doing an already existing dungeon/puzzle..

Ura Zelda and Zelda Gaiden are the two projects that Nintendo was working for the N64DD. Gaiden is what we know as Majora's Mask. Ura is an expanded version of Master Quest.

yes your right about that but apparently oot3d is going to contain more than mq and the boss rush. what those extra things will be no one will know o:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom