• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Malladus Be in Skyward Sword?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Some of you probably read the title and said something like "This guy's crazy," but I have good reason for thinking this. Ghirahim is known as the Demon Lord and it is unsure if he's the final boss. So if Malladus is the Demon King, wouldn't that mean he's a higher rank than Ghirahim who could be following him? I know there isn't much ground to this, but I'm just saying it's possible.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ah, a good discussion point actually. Before I heard the (terrible) news that Ganon would not be appearing in this Game I believed that he would be the Demon King behind Ghirahim. So It's interesting that you brought Malladus up. I don't think Nintendo would reuse him as a villain, however it would be a pleasant surprise. I do think there will be some kind of leader with an even higher rank than Lord Ghirahim, I just don't think it will be Malladus. It is not particularly clear because of translation, but I believe the dark realm in spirit tracks is what the sacred realm became when Ganondorf was sealed there, in OOT. So in my theory Malladus was just a creation born from the evil of Ganon. If I'm wrong on this, what you have suggested is entirely possible.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I do not think it is likely, because Malladus was an enemy from Spirit Tracks, set very far in the future of the series on the Adult Timeline. This game is a prequel to Ocarina of Time, so the evil we face is likely to be older than Ganondorf, not newer. I believe that the final boss may be the leader of Ghirahim's tribe. They might be the "dark interlopers" spoken of in Twilight Princess, from whom the Twili are descended. He might be the one who tried to challenge the power of the Gods.

However, there is no saying that Malladus couldn't be in this game. It's possible that Malladus was sealed throughout all the previous games, and was only unsealed long after other evils had come and gone. I really wouldn't have imagined this myself, but I can't say it isn't possible. There just isn't enough evidence to say anything confidently either way.

If Malladus is in this game, though, it would be fascinating to see his origins and how he came to be sealed in the first place. There might even be backstory on Chancellor Cole and the Lokomo. It would also mark the first time a major character from the handheld series reappeared in a console game. Nintendo usually only moves in the other direction, putting console characters into handheld games.

G

Gyorg

Well, I agree with SNOlink King is a higher "Rank" than Lord so yes I do think it could be a possibility I would like to see Malladus again 'cause you never saw his true form.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well, I agree with SNOlink King is a higher "Rank" than Lord so yes I do think it could be a possibility I would like to see Malladus again 'cause you never saw his true form.
I think the blue skull thing was his true form.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
A lot of Japanese villans use Demon in their title, it doesn't mean they're part of the same organisation.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Well, you aren't crazy. I don't think I'd put much stock in their titles at this point without knowing Ghirahim's Japanese title, but given evidence from other games, it's not too far-fetched. Take this excerpt from the LttP manual for example (emphasis mine):
With their magic infused blood, the Hylian people were endowed with
psychic powers and skill in wizardry. It was also said that their long,
pointed ears enabled them to hear special messages from the gods, so
they were heldin high esteem by many people in Hyrule. Their
descendants settled in various parts of the world and passed on their
knowledge and magical lore to all people.
But in its passing, the lore
was often distorted or lost altogether.
Skyward Sword may take place before or during this spread. However, Malladus was sealed in one of those distant settlements, so if he does appear in SS, then it probably won't be the event spoken of in ST's backstory.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Quite honestly, I don't think this means anything. Just because their titles both have the word "demon" in them doesn't necessarily mean they're related. Ganondorf was referred to as a "demon thief" in ALttP by one of the Maidens, and Ganondorf is clearly not a demon. Demon also doesn't have to refer to an evil spirit, especially in Japanese. The term "demon" is very ambiguous in the Japanese language. I don't know all the words that could be translated into it, but I know there are plenty of them. Plus, Malladus is somewhere far away from Hyrule and was defeated there in ancient times, so why would he be in Hyrule and then wind up in what later became to be re-named Hyrule?

Bottom line is there's really nothing to read into, here. I'm not saying you're an idiot for analyzing this. I'm just saying there's nothing to analyze.

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
A lot of Japanese villans use Demon in their title, it doesn't mean they're part of the same organisation.

Yeah, we've had quite a few villains like that, well, villains. . .

Veran; Sorceress of Shadows

Onox; (forgot what his title was)

Vaati; (Does he even have a title?)

Ganondorf/Gannon; King of Evil/Darkness

Zant; Usurper King

Ghirahim; Demon Lord

Malladus; Demon King

Wht next? Demon Lordess?

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
And Bowser is called the Great Demon King Koopa, again, the term demon does not refer to any hierarchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom