• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Could Link Have Angered the Goddess?

PLEASE NOTE: this is a discussion not a full fledged theory, opened minds are welcomed.

At the end of OOT link heads off into the lost woods were he runs into the skull kind were he eventually ends up in a land known as Termina, he was then instructed my the happy mask salesman to retrieve a mask stolen by the same skull kid. throughout the game we discover that the land of Termina is in shambles with its troubled civilians, Poisonous swamp, a killer blizzard, a toxic ocean, ans restless spirits. and upon that the skull kid with Majora's mask is planing to have a lunar Apocalypse within 3 days. after link frees the 4 guardian Giants that stops the falling moon and link faces majora and saves Termina, so happy ending. centuries later in Twilight princess a new link stumbles upon a mysterious Stalfos known as hero shades who is the same Link as the Hero of time. so what exactly hapend to OOT link? how did he become a stalfos?.

Some think he got lost in the lost woods possibly returning from Termina after MM, but link was a child not a adult during the events of MM so he must of had to find his way to hyrule. Hearo shades is Older Link. so what exactly hapend? OOT Link ( hero shades) claimed he was full of regreat because we could not pass down his teqnigue However that dosent explane why he is a stalfos and not a Ghostly Spirit. we do know that ghost does exist in the Zelda universe, Dempe from OOT was a ghost so why not link, Could it be possible that link became a stafos when he died as punishment from the Goddess for interfering the destruction of Termina and that could be one of the " regrets"?

So Right now the main question is Does the 3 Goddesses even have jurisdiction in Termina? well it could be Possible due to the fact that even though the Triforce is not mentioned their are evidence that Termina once Knew about it.
articleAxleIkanaHyrule3.jpg

so this is evidence that they not only created Hyrule But also Termina which also have Hyleans sead to be beings that are closest to the Godesess. This brings us to the Stone tower, theirs a theory is that the stone towers is like The Tower of Babel, that Termina Rejected the 3 Godesess along with he Triforce and built the stone towers and Mocked and rejecting the 3 Godesess in blasphemy. this could had angered them and this could be what sent Termina to its doom by letting these event happen, link just stumbled on termina when chasing the skull kid to get his stuff back so really he had no business their. throughout the game no one cried to the 3 godesess for help. when Hyrule cried and prayed to the Gods when Ganondorth entered the sacred realm and they flooded Hyrule to protect them since their was no hero to save them. or when Hylea sent a chunk of land to the sky to protect her people. Hyrule had hope and faith, Termina did not. the 4 Giants are not Gods but were stated to be Guardians.

so if this is true could this reveal a unknown nature of these Godesess we might not had known, that could they can be jealous? and that they can create and save along with Destroy if necessary

"Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those that came after. At last, I have eased my regrets ~ Hero's shades"

From reading this their is an S at the end of Regret, so theirs more then just 1 regret of not passing his skills, what could his other regrets be IDK, mayby he regrets being the hero of time. or could he regret saving Termina, after all we dont know what has hapend to termina after MM, we perhaps may never know. so what do you think. could he had angered the godesess or not.

Last edited:
1.) Paragraphs are your friends; do not take them for granted. Make use of them whenever possible, as they are crucial in the fight against the infamous, intimidating "text walls" that everyone dislikes. Trust you me, you'll garner a lot more readers that way...

2.) Not a Stalfos. The area in which the Hero's Shade is faced appears to be some sort of "heaven on Earth Hyrule-esque" thing. This could mean that the Hero's Shade is simply a form which the Hero of Time assumes for whatever reason, as evidenced by its ghostly (notably not very skeletal) body. On a slightly off-topic note, what exactly was that place? O_______o

Even if he were a skeleton, it'd most likely derive from the fact that he died while clad in armor, in which case he'd be more akin to a Gibdo/Redead, if anything. Interesting to note is the fact that "skeletal appearance" does not automatically equal Stalfos, kids...

3.) That's (your theory/discussion?) a lot to have gathered from so very little. While I hate pull the now proverbial "Hyrule Historia Card", I believe that it is safe to assume that it covered what the Hero's Shade's regret(s) were, or at least the gist of what they were. You also seem to be basing a large part of your theory on another theory, which is not recommended.

Speaking of which...

...it's awesome that you referenced the Tower of Babel theory. I consider it a great theory; however, it has neither been proven nor touched upon in any of the official supplementary materials. There are lots of other explanations for its uncanny appearance as well, one of which might have derived from the short time span in which Majora's Mask was made. How? Well, I believe that some parts of the Stone Tower might have originated from unused scraps from Ocarina of Time. This might explain the prominence of the Triforce within its confines. The developers might have simply overlooked and/or not cared that it was there, which might have inadvertently lead to [fun] theories like these...

4.) As for whether or not the Hero of Time angered the goddesses, I have no idea. I prefer not to enter that territory of thought, seeing as there isn't much to go on. I find it highly improbable, though, as it seems to connect the plot too well, and we all know what that means when it comes to Nintendo. Safe to assume at this point that if it (this particular theory) wasn't brought in HH, then it likely holds no substance...

1.) Paragraphs are your friends; do not take them for granted. Make use of them whenever possible, as they are crucial in the fight against the infamous, intimidating "text walls" that everyone dislikes. Trust you me, you'll garner a lot more readers that way...

2.) Not a Stalfos. The area in which the Hero's Shade is faced appears to be some sort of "heaven on Earth Hyrule-esque" thing. This could mean that the Hero's Shade is simply a form which the Hero of Time assumes for whatever reason, as evidenced by its ghostly (notably not very skeletal) body. On a slightly off-topic note, what exactly was that place? O_______o

Even if he were a skeleton, it'd most likely derive from the fact that he died while clad in armor, in which case he'd be more akin to a Gibdo/Redead, if anything. Interesting to note is the fact that "skeletal appearance" does not automatically equal Stalfos, kids...

3.) That's (your theory/discussion?) a lot to have gathered from so very little. While I hate pull the now proverbial "Hyrule Historia Card", I believe that it is safe to assume that it covered what the Hero's Shade's regret(s) were, or at least the gist of what they were. You also seem to be basing a large part of your theory on another theory, which is not recommended.

Speaking of which...

...it's awesome that you referenced the Tower of Babel theory. I consider it a great theory; however, it has neither been proven nor touched upon in any of the official supplementary materials. There are lots of other explanations for its uncanny appearance as well, one of which might have derived from the short time span in which Majora's Mask was made. How? Well, I believe that some parts of the Stone Tower might have originated from unused scraps from Ocarina of Time. This might explain the prominence of the Triforce within its confines. The developers might have simply overlooked and/or not cared that it was there, which might have inadvertently lead to [fun] theories like these...

4.) As for whether or not the Hero of Time angered the goddesses, I have no idea. I prefer not to enter that territory of thought, seeing as there isn't much to go on. I find it highly improbable, though, as it seems to connect the plot too well, and we all know what that means when it comes to Nintendo. Safe to assume at this point that if it (this particular theory) wasn't brought in HH, then it likely holds no substance...

1) I personally do not care how i structure my writing in the forums. its just gonna die and fade away and people will soon forget it. though i do try to make it as neat as possible still i really dont care as much. People can bash me on that all they want and i just wont care.

2) in the game Hero shades to me looked like a skeleton, well more like a Zombie of some kind and other people have called him a stalfos. also people think that were he trains link is in the sacred realm, If that is true or not I Dont know.

3) A like i sead on top this is not a theory but a discussion. and their alot we can discuss on here if you can think outside the box. just becuse its not in HH Does not mean we cant step out of the boundries and explore the possibilities even if their wrong or right. isint that what started Zelda theories? curiosity and thinking outside the box. most of the people who say " it cant be like that because its in HH bla bla bla" are probably too lazy to give whatever the proposed theory is a chance and Just think.

4) I don't own HH and i don't really care for it. so sorry if i dont know what is or is not in HH.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
geez guys, this thread is just Rude at this point, as far as the theory of yours, i think it sounds cool, HH being released has thrown all the fun out of theorizing about the game, everything from the timeline to the HH book, is just.... i dont know.... i think the fans have better ideas than Nintendo.

Only think i find troubling about you OP is that the Hero's Shade looks more like a decomposed body buried in his armor, meaning hes not a Stalfos, just a dead decomposed hero in armor! nice Tower of Babel Reference!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ugea said:
100 years later Twilight prinsess*
This isn't a confirmed figure and I also think it's highly unlikely that it was 100 years, I know geography isn't the most accurate thing to go off but look at the likes of Hyrule Castle and how it seems much more fortified. The land seems to be full of gorges and large depths, this wouldn't have just happened over around 100 years, huge geographical shifts happen over many hundreds of years. The likes of the Temple of Time are now completely in ruins and structures as significant as the ToTdon't just deteriorate over hundreds years. One more thing is that the Hero of Time was a young kid as was Princess Zelda, their ancestors would have been clearly present along with their legends yet we hear nothing of them.

Ugea said:
new link stumbles upon a mysterious Stalfos known as hero shades who is the same Link as the Hero of time. so what exactly hapend to*OOT*link? how did he become a stalfos?. Some think he got lost in the lost woods possibly returning from Termina after*MM, but link was a child not a adult during the events of*MM*so he must of had to find his way to hyrule. Hearo shades is Older Link. so what exactly hapend?*OOT*Link ( hero shades) claimed he was full of regreat because we could not pass down his teqnigue However that dosent explane why he is a stalfos and not a Ghostly Spirit. we do know that ghost does exist in the Zelda universe, Dempe from*OOT*was a ghost so why not link, Could it be possible that link became a stafos when he died as punishment from the Goddess for interfering the destruction of Termina and that could be one of the " regrets"?
This has been presented multiple times, the whole Link being a" Stalfos" and I find it a bad theory all together. Just because we see some skeletal features and the fact that he wields a sword and shield... In fact the only skeletal feature we see are his skull, the rest of the body is more spirit like, ghost like as you mention. Now this would just simply be the spirit of the Hero of Time, as confirmed by HH, he is not a Stalfos he is just the ghostly spirit of his former self as he died, most probably due to age, however we don't know...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding the second part of your theory; I actually really like some of the points you raise here and the Stone Tower is such a mystery within itself and the Triforce symbol shows that Termina is related to the lore of Hyrule. Now if we look at Termina, it's lore is all about four giants, now these are shown as gods yet in my opinion I think they are just guardian deities, no more than the Deku Tree, Wind Fish, Light Spirits etc. Other parts of the lore include the Fierce Diety and Majora which I should probably not go into as I will go completely off topic.

Anyway the point I'm getting on to is that even though, essentially, Termina has its own mythology the fact that the Triforce is still present makes me think that it was once apart of Hyrule. Now alternate dimensions are commonly related to a world that exists as one but within a different set of events. This is kind of want happened within the splits we see on the Timeline; we have events that exist within a similar time frame yet are in completely different worlds. In my opinion I think Termina is a world that is yet a part of another split in time that happened during early Hyrule thus showing how vastly the lore has changed.

Last edited:
This isn't a confirmed figure and I also think it's highly unlikely that it was 100 years, I know geography isn't the most accurate thing to go off but look at the likes of Hyrule Castle and how it seems much more fortified. The land seems to be full of gorges and large depths, this wouldn't have just happened over around 100 years, huge geographical shifts happen over many hundreds of years. The likes of the Temple of Time are now completely in ruins and structures as significant as the Tot was don't just deteriorate over hundreds years. One more thing is that the Hero of Time want a young kid as was Princess Zelda, their ancestors would have been clearly present along with their legends however yet we hear nothing of them.

yea you got a point, i was thinking of the old idea that it was 100 years or so in my head. ill change it to centuries. and i also agree that these 4 Giants are Guardians not Gods. because in MM tatl does say " Guardians?" i think after the 2nd Dungeon

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If you want people to read and acknowledge your posts, you better care. No one is going to read a giant wall of text, it hurts the eyes and its hard to follow without your finger.

Also, you certainly DON'T try to make it as neat as possible, because if you did, then that would mean you cared, which you've said you don't several times now.
Grammar is of course good but it certainly isn't going to stop me from reading this theory, which in fact is a very interesting theory, so I'm sure many people will acknowledge this post. Good job on the theory by the way I really enjoyed the second part :yes:

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Guys can we please not attack each other? One is better at writing than others. Just don't judge how someone writes something. On the other hand the OP should keep it readable for others so they can participate in a discussion and make their points clear. Now with this said go on and debat ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom