• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Hyrule Be Linked (no Pun Intended) to the Mushroom Kingdom?

To start off, there are the mario paintings in OOT, Talon and Ingo look like Mario and Luigi, there's a clown in TP that has a bullet bill on his shirt, and to top it off, Link is seen sleeping in a hotel in Super Mario RPG!! Not to mention in link's awakening, all of the mario characters! What do you people think? Are they just easter eggs, or are they intended for something deeper? tell me in the comments below! :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I am 100% sure they are just easter eggs; the notion that Hyrule is linked to the Mushroom Kingdom was a notion brought up looong ago back in 2000 and 2001 when analyzing the easter eggs was still commonplace. Granted, they're amazing easter eggs--little distractions that make us appreciate the game even more--but they're still just easter eggs and nothing more.

I'm thinking Easter Eggs but i'm liking the theory :P

Smash Bros Melee and Brawl tell us that they all know each other too.. conspiracies. On this note though, i'd like to see more Zelda Easter Eggs in Mario games.

yes, but in the very first smash bros (N64) it explains in the opening cutscene that they are all just toys being played with :)

Cfrock

Keep it strong
In Mario 3D land you actually hear the sound from LoZ when you solve a puzzle.

Honest to God, when that happened I had to stop playing the game because I was smiling and laughing too much I couldn't concentrate :lol:

But yeah, they are basically just Easter Eggs. After all, if they were connected, surely we'd see just as many Zelda references in Mario games.

I think that they are most likely two seperate different worlds because wouldn't it be funny to see Mushrooms that let you grow in Hyrule and Fierce Deity Mario?

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
Well what if the land of Hyrule is linked to the world of Final Fantasy, Considering that you see a gravestone reading, "here lies Link"

Also there is a yoshi doll in LA you can win. And there are goombas as enemies in aLttP.

what if the world of Mario is linked to Pokemon, considering that Cheep Cheeps and Magikarps are the same fish!

We could go on about this, however we all just know that Nintendo is a brilliant video game company that keeps us loving every second of their games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom