• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Ganon Have a Past Life in Skyward Sword?

Of course it is confirmed Ganon isn't in the game, however it was also confirmed it would lead up to why he would come in Ocarina of Time.

Here's a small theory I have that I hope is kind of right. Like Link and Zelda, Ganon DID have a past life that existed in this game. Maybe its Ghirahim, maybe its some character that overthrows him, maybe its his master. Personally, I don't think he's the main villain. My point is that perhaps Link will defeat a certain character, maybe the final boss, who promises to be reborn into the Gerudo, who's origins I hope are in this game as well, to claim the Triforce.

Think about this, in a way he COULD be in Skyward Sword but at the same time be a different character.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Link and Zelda are not complete reincarnations. They don't remember anything about their past. They also each have their own personalities. They're just form reincarnations. Since this is the case, why would it not work the same with Ganondorf?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's plausible, and I do hope something like that comes true. The OoT Ganondorf won't appear, but maybe someone who instigates the thoughts of ultimate power into OoT Ganondorf could appear in this game? Perhaps someone part of the Dark Interlopers' posse? =D

Link and Zelda are not complete reincarnations. They don't remember anything about their past. They also each have their own personalities. They're just form reincarnations. Since this is the case, why would it not work the same with Ganondorf?
That doesn't mean much, Ganondorf could STILL have a past life and STILL not remember it. Which is the point of this thread, to it's core.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
No I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any past lives before OoT, if anything I would only expect to see a Gerudo area in Skyward Sword, maybe there is a Gerudo King there, but it would not be Ganon or Ganondorf.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Personally, I'm a little sick of seeing Ganon. I pray to God he isn't in SwS, it would ruin the game for me, thats what ruined TP. I think Nintendo should give Link some new enemies and after at least three new games without Ganon, bring him back to keep people interested.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganondorf isn't gonna be in SS, rest assured. But, I'm hoping someone appears in the game who could inspire Ganondork to do what he did (most likely the legend of SS Link vs Ghirahim and company will do this but we won't know til the game comes out).

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well actually we didn't have Ganon(dorf) in the last two games, last time I checked he was neither in PH nor in ST, so this could actually be an argument for his return, though not necessarily as the final boss. Ganon(dorf) has been in most of the non-multiplayer console games (except AoL and MM) but in none of the handheld ones.
But I really don't get why most people think that it's physically impossible to have him in the game. Just where does it say that he's only 30 or so in OoT? He could be much older than that and we just don't know it. Maybe the male Gerudos all have a lifespan of several hundred years. Just think about it, if they all died with 80 or so then the Gerudos would have serious trouble with their leadership because as we know, a male is only born every hundred years, so if they had a normal lifespan then the throne would be empty most of the time which makes no sense because that'd show that they can live easily without a king which in turn would render his office quite obsolete.
So IMO it could be very possible to have a young Ganon(dorf) (and yes, even the same one from OoT) in this game. He could be just a normal Gerudo prince or so and doesn't even have to be evil, maybe he becomes evil only towards the end of the game or not at all.
So Nintendo still have all their options open and I'd say it's a 50:50 chance we'll see him.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Personally, I'm a little sick of seeing Ganon. I pray to God he isn't in SwS, it would ruin the game for me, thats what ruined TP. I think Nintendo should give Link some new enemies and after at least three new games without Ganon, bring him back to keep people interested.
I think one console game without Ganon is quite enough, It has been 6 years since we have had a new Ganon and by the time the next game comes out it will have been nine. Phantom hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Skyward sword is quite enough break from Ganon. If you want three more it will end up being that Ganon will be absent from zelda for 20 years!

Last edited:
Well actually we didn't have Ganon(dorf) in the last two games, last time I checked he was neither in PH nor in ST, so this could actually be an argument for his return, though not necessarily as the final boss. Ganon(dorf) has been in most of the non-multiplayer console games (except AoL and MM) but in none of the handheld ones.
But I really don't get why most people think that it's physically impossible to have him in the game. Just where does it say that he's only 30 or so in OoT? He could be much older than that and we just don't know it. Maybe the male Gerudos all have a lifespan of several hundred years. Just think about it, if they all died with 80 or so then the Gerudos would have serious trouble with their leadership because as we know, a male is only born every hundred years, so if they had a normal lifespan then the throne would be empty most of the time which makes no sense because that'd show that they can live easily without a king which in turn would render his office quite obsolete.
So IMO it could be very possible to have a young Ganon(dorf) (and yes, even the same one from OoT) in this game. He could be just a normal Gerudo prince or so and doesn't even have to be evil, maybe he becomes evil only towards the end of the game or not at all.
So Nintendo still have all their options open and I'd say it's a 50:50 chance we'll see him.

I would actually love this idea, a young prince Ganondorf!!! I extremely hope that this will be implemented into Skyward Sword, as it would give Ganondorf some good backstory. Which he really has never had before.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would actually love this idea, a young prince Ganondorf!!! I extremely hope that this will be implemented into Skyward Sword, as it would give Ganondorf some good backstory. Which he really has never had before.
It doesn't look likely that Ganondorf would even be referenced as this game looks like it'll take place waaaaaay before OoT, I mean hundreds of years not just 100. I would like for the Gerudo to have a nice homeland to get Ganondorf some happiness (lol at his Wind Waker excuses).

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
IT would be cool to have some backstory on Gannondorf! Although, didn't someone say he wasn't going to be in this game? I don't want him to be the final boss though, or maybe just not have him be an enemy at all. But I could go either way, but each would (In my opinion) drastically change the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom