• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Epona....(NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!)

eponafan

Midna fan also
Think about it.From what ive played,(which wasnt much,)Hyrule looked (basiclly) the same on TP, as it did on OoT, and at the beginning, Link playes Epona's song on the grass-blade-thingie.Could there, in a way, be a conection between TP Epona and OoT Epona?:silent:

eponafan

Midna fan also
And, Epona is unnatural, because she is fully grown at young link, but 7 years later, BAM! still alive.I dont know a lot about horses, but I dont think they live that long, considering full grown was probably 5 years.

eponafan

Midna fan also
.......ya, that would be a little strange, but there IS a chance OoT epona is related to TP Epona

CZG

And, Epona is unnatural, because she is fully grown at young link, but 7 years later, BAM! still alive.I dont know a lot about horses, but I dont think they live that long, considering full grown was probably 5 years.

I'm pretty sure a horse can last seven years after growing up.
Our horse, well, my mother's actually, was at least 40 years old before it passed away. She was 42, I think.The two pony's we've got now, are at least 18 and 23 years old and they are not yet old and weak.

I heard that one of the oldest horses made it to the age of 52, or so I've heard.

eponafan

Midna fan also
Ah, I didnt know how long a horse could live... but do they really have that good of memory?I mean she remembers link(probably just the song, actually.)for 7 years!

jugglaj91

I am me....
I never thought Epona was fully grown in OoT for the fact that 7 years later it is bigger and stronger. And again if you look at TP Epona it is even bigger and stronger so I would say OoT Epona is definitely a young horse.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
*Ranch Worker Raises her Hand*

The life cycle of horses:

Horses grow up pretty quickly. Little filly Epona in OoT struck me as "not quite a year old yet, maybe a year" - a horse is an adult (young adult) at about two years. 1-2 years is when most people start training them. (Well, you do train them to not have certain bad habits from birth. The barn I work at temporarily housed a mother and young colt and the owner of said instucted me not to pet the colt or hand-feed him because at that young age, they can learn to bite if you mess with their mouths too much). My sister had a colt that begun saddle-training at about a year and half...

Seven -eight years old for a horse is rather young-in-the-prime of life. Showing Epona in OoT after seven years fully grown and in full muscle was something the game creators "did right." I imagine, depending upon the invidual and their obedience/calmness, that around eight years old is a good age for a war-steed.

Horses get old in their late 20s... and live around 30 or so. 40 is a good long age for a horse.

And, as magificent as they are, horses are all poo-factories. I'll go get my pitchfork.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I'll say that OoT Epona and TP Epona are possibly the same soul reincarnated (like Link and Zelda). After all, they both respond to Epona's Song from OoT (if you listen closely to the song Link plays when he whistles on the Horse Call or Horse Grass you'll notice that it's the same as Epona's Song from OoT). Although that isn't much to go by so I guess we can't draw much of a conclusion from that.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think, like Link and Zelda, Epona is recurrent - a different character upon the same archetype, with the same name.... possibly a descendant or reincarnation (whatever you happen to believe about that in the LoZ universe).

I've whistled and hummed "Epona's Song" at work. Sadly, it does not seem to do much to calm and soothe real life ansty horses.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Without giving a lot away, I don't think there is a big connection between Epona in OoT and Epona in TP. The only reason is that the Link in OoT is generations away from Link in TP. Link in OoT is Link in TP's ancestor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom