• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could BoTW have been a Dream?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Breath of The Wild's place on the timeline is not currently known, and we have no idea when it will be released if ever.

I myself am a believer in the "Nintendo hasn't decided yet" theory (https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/nintendo-doesnt-know-yet-ndny-theory.60729/), but I thought of this, and think it could be possible.

Exhibit A: Zelda in Ocarina of Time had prophecies, which gave hints at the future, possibly giving her an idea of the evolution into Koroks, and things like that (that are the reason we can't "crack the code" for Breath of The Wild's Timeline Placement). She, or some other Zelda after her could have easily had a prophecy, which inspired her to make a dream about Link and his adventures in Breath of The Wild.

Exhibit B: In the momories, Zelda is clearly very jealous at Link for being so successful, which she could be jealous to the current Link taking place in "in real life", causing her to have dreams about that. If this were true, whenever Zelda was having this dream would be the spot on the timeline. If you think about, the princess Zelda that you save in Zelda II was asleep for a hundred or so years herself, right? She could have easily dreamed about what "the good ol' days" must've been like when Hyrule was a prosperous world, or the "oral tradition" could possibly have been showcased in full effect here, with the Zelda of AoL believing that Hyrule was once a blossoming land full of very advanced technology. All of the deaths of the champions could have easily been references to friends she may or may not have had before she was put to sleep. The only problem, is that Zora are hostile in the downfall timeline. Then again, the secret moblin from the original Legend of Zelda game was an "enemy" that was helping out Link. It could've been possible that Zelda made friends with a nice Zora, and dreamed about her in her dreams. That also explains why the BoTW Zora don't really like Hylians such as Link.

Summary: This theory is about how the Zelda that you have to rescue in Zelda II (I believe her name is "princess Zelda I") dreams up Breath of The Wild

So what do you think? I'd love some feedback, good or bad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom