• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could Bellum Be an Incarnation of Majora's Mask?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
After I played Phantom Hourglass, I noticed that there were some similarities between Bellum and the Majora's Mask.

1. At the end of MM, it says, "I shall...consume. Consume...everything." Bellum does many similar things in PH, like sucking the life out of Tetra, absorbing Ciela's powers, and possessing the Ghost Ship and Linebeck.
2. His eyes are very similar to the Mask's.
3. Bellum never speaks, and Majora's Mask only speaks twice, so their objectives are not very clear.
4. Also, at the end of MM, the Happy Mask Salesman says that "all the evil has left the mask." Well, where did it go? My theory is as follows:

During the Final Battle with Majora's Wrath, the evil power inside it knew that if it kept inhabiting the mask, it would be destroyed. Just as Link delivered the final blow, the evil left the mask. Some time after Link left Termina, the evil inhabited the body of a squid named Bellum. Bellum began wreaking havoc on Termina, and at the same time Ganondorf was wreaking havoc on Hyrule. The gods had no choice but to flood both lands: Hyrule became the Great Sea, and Termina became the World of the Ocean King. The gods sent a Deity named the Ocean King to rule over the flooded Termina. They used a sword named the Phantom Sword to imprison Bellum far beneath the ground. The people on that island built a temple there to honor the Ocean King. Eventually, Bellum grew in power, escaped from his bonds, and attacked the Ocean King. The Ocean King's power was far depleted and he was forced to live as an old man. Then Bellum destroyed the Phantom Sword, and imprisoned the the Spirits of Power, Wisdom and Courage deep inside their own temples. Then he began using the Ghost Ship to travel between Termina and Hyrule. This is about the time where Phantom Hourglass begins.

This is my theory on Majora's Mask. Tell me what you think!

Last edited:

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Timeline pretty much denies it. PH is a direct sequel to WW, and MM is a direct sequel to OoT. OoT splits the timeline having WW on one side and MM on another side, making them not relate.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
While it is highly unlikely, it is possible (like, less than 0.0001% chance...) that Bellum could be, but I don't think so. Like Jesper said, anyone's timeline will deny that, but also is the fact that the Great Flood probably destroyed the mask if it hit Termina. If it didn't die, it probably is still wreaking havoc somewhere Link can't do anything about it.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I always thought that Wind Waker followed the Child Timeline, but I guess It's impossible if it didn't.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I don't understand why so many people believe in a split timeline in the first place.
Here's why. at the end of ocarina of time, the timeline splits in two. Zelda sends Link to the past to "regain his lost years." In doing so, she creates an alternate world. One world, the one Link left, is the dead world and becomes the world of the Adult Link Saga. the other world is the one where Link returns to, tells the king of Ganon's evil intentions, and goes off to find Navi. that world is the Child Link Saga.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't understand why so many people believe in a split timeline in the first place.
Ocarina of Time, buddy, Ocarina of Time. Play it til the end, pay attention to how Hyrule looks after fighting GANONDORF. All destroyed and stuff, right? That is Wind Waker's Hyrule. Link gets sent back in time, back to his Kokiri days. That is TP's Hyrule.

As for Bellum being MM, no way, I don't see it happening. But, there is a possibility. A VERY slight possibility.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
You have to remember that we may have thought of a straight, linear timeline to begin with, but that went buh-bye with Wind Waker. When he told them that the new land wouldn't be Hyrule, some of us who thought that Ocarina went first in the timeline at the time went "What about ALttP and the others?" but if you look at mine, i put them in that side.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
You have to remember that we may have thought of a straight, linear timeline to begin with, but that went buh-bye with Wind Waker. When he told them that the new land wouldn't be Hyrule, some of us who thought that Ocarina went first in the timeline at the time went "What about ALttP and the others?" but if you look at mine, i put them in that side.

Right, I posted this when I thought WW followed the Child Storyline. Now I realize it's not possible. There still are similarities between them, though.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
While it is highly unlikely, it is possible (like, less than 0.0001% chance...) that Bellum could be, but I don't think so. Like Jesper said, anyone's timeline will deny that, but also is the fact that the Great Flood probably destroyed the mask if it hit Termina. If it didn't die, it probably is still wreaking havoc somewhere Link can't do anything about it.

In you ever see this again you mention Link might be somewhere he couldn't do anything. May I say Soul Caliber 2.

Area where couldn't do anything. Soul Caliber 2.

In you qoute you mention an area where Link couldn't do anything I don't know but Soul Caliber 2 comes to mind.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This is a very unlikely theory, as how did Majora's spirit travel across the timelines? But nice try, though, as this may have been the case if the split did not occur.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
It's unlikely to me. They share a bare resemblance but I'm pretty sure they're not the same. The people who designed Bellum were probably inspired a bit by Majora's Mask. That's the most likely way they share a resemblance to me.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Could he be an incarnation of Majora? Well, it's never flatly stated or denied, so yes. Is it likely that he's an incarnation of Majora? Not really, because the two games are so far apart.

However, I do like your theory. It's very creative, and I would like it if someone created fan fiction that explored this idea. Perhaps something that talks about how Majora started out, became trapped in the mask, left the mask, became Bellum, and was finally defeated. Preferably from Majora's own perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom