• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Corrupt a wish!

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Granted, but not just the weekend is over. your time on Earth is over too. you have died. oh noes O:

I wish this sentence is false.

M. Bulteau

Composer
Not granted on the grounds of poor grammar.

I wish I had telekinesis, so I could move anything of any kind, size and weight.

Granted, but now you have no place to store it, because you can only deposit 5,499 in the bank. Thus, you loose the rest when you reset time. O:

5,499 would be so nice right now... >_<

Akuhime-sama

Not granted on the grounds of poor grammar
In what way have I used poor grammar?
Capitalization? or "oh noes"? or was is the "I wish this sentence is false?"
now, thats not poor grammar, because I'm saying that I wish the sentence IS false, at the current point in time.
(it would be like saying "this sentence is false" .... but I'm saying I wish it to be false) (at least, I don't think that's poor grammar, given my line of thinking)
oh, and the "oh noes" was to be funny. :x
--

Anyway, Granted, but so does everybody else but you. Now you are the only one left alive. How sad for you. :(

I wish I was an Oscar Mayer wiener.

M

mariner47

Granted, but it's not the weiner you're thinking of.

I wish NBC would bring the show Community back.

M. Bulteau

Composer
Granted, but it's now played by puppets and they all smoke crack.

or was is the "I wish this sentence is false?"
now, thats not poor grammar, because I'm saying that I wish the sentence IS false, at the current point in time.

Hm. Can't be sure, but I won't be arrogant to the point of saying a native-speaker (which I assume you are) is wrong when I end up not being completely sure.

I was always told a wish is something conditional or past, like "I wish this was" or "I wish this were", but yeah, you might be right.

So, REPLACEMENT WISH: Granted, but now your life is false.

I WISH I WOULD AND I WISH I MIGHT HAVE THE WISH THAT I WISHED LAST NIGHT!

M. Bulteau

Composer
Granted, but they can all do these things only at 03:01 AM of the 23rd of February 2012 and shall be forever locked in place after, as they are now.

I wish you'd tell me why you said people could walk as if it were something absurd.

Akuhime-sama

Can't be sure, but I won't be arrogant to the point of saying a native-speaker (which I assume you are) is wrong when I end up not being completely sure.

I was always told a wish is something conditional or past, like "I wish this was" or "I wish this were", but yeah, you might be right.
Yeah, I'm a native speaker. I just think that sentence can go either way. I mean, it makes sense when you look at it that way.
However, I think its most commonly used as "was" instead of "is" ... but at the same time, "was" means past-tense, but I was looking for a present tense. :sweat:

Anyway, I do strive to have good grammar.... so, If something is wrong, I would like to know. Now, I know my spelling sucks, so I rely on Spellcheck.
Also, if I happen to use the wrong spelling of a word, (like using "witch" instead of "which") ...then blame spellcheck xD
I also find that sometimes I'll miss the apostrophe key on accident. (Mainly because I'm not used to my new computer's keyboard)
But as for that, I'm usually good about my English.

Just wondering, but are you a native speaker?
(when I read that, it came off to me as you might not be)
I'm only asking because I like other cultures. :3

----

Granted, but he doesn't tell you everything. When you find out the truth..........

I wish I could send images from my mind to other peoples minds at will.

Big Octo

=^)
I wish that you'd stop talking about Russia, you're all over it because you just found out what the Soviet Union was. I'm serious, just stop.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Denied.

Next month I wish to be made purple, or better yet orange, or better yet red, or better yet blue. Please let my fallacious dream come true! :>

bunny

birb overlord
Denied. If that happened, you really could change my name to Bilba Baggins!

I wish I could find my graphics tablet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom