• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Correct by Ganondorfs, But Could You Check by Triforce, Etc.

P

Pablo

....…….….…WW [Ganondorf Dead] /PH-->ST-->
..……...…../
MC-->OoT
....…….…..\….….……TP [Ganondorf Dead] --> [New Ganondorf avec Trident] FS/FSA-->ALttP [Ganondorf Dead avec Trident] /LA-->OoX [Ganon Revived avec Trident and Killed] -->
....…….……\……../
.....……........\MM
…..……..….….…..\
…...…….….…….….[Termia Destroyed; Ganondorf Still Here ;) ] -->Loz [Ganondorf Dead]/Aol [Failed Resurrection]

Plain One, without Notations;

....…….….…WW/PH-->ST-->
..……...…../
MC-->OoT
....…….…..\….….……TP-->FS/FSA-->ALttP/LA-->OoX-->
....…….……\…...../
.....…….......\MM
…..……..….....…..\
…...…….…..…….….Loz/Aol-->

MC, I don't have a clue where to put it, the general contentious seems to be at the beginning, so I put it there.

LoZ/AoL, Don't make much sense. I'm open to suggestions :D.

Start the Suggestions, Flaming, Fanboyism, Fear of multiple Splits, Etc.

~~Pablo

Last edited by a moderator:

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Ok, ill be the one to ask. Why in the name of Ganons little pig tail does MM create a split in the timeline?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yeah, I don't understand the double split. Also, OoX should not be a direct sequel to anything. In OoX, when Link meets Zelda she introduces herself to him. If OoX is a direct sequel of LA which you also have as a direct sequel of ALTTP, then Link should already have plenty knowledge of who Zelda is and vice versa. The fact that she introduces herself to Link in OoX is proof enough that it is a new Zelda and a new Link.

If you take the second split off and put LoZ/AoL at the end of the child timeline then that's more or less what my timeline is.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Are you saying that LoZ/AoL take place in the alternate dimension?

How the hell did you come to the conclusion that I was implying that LoZ/AoL are in a different dimension? All I said is that I don't understand why you have a second split. There is absolutely no need/reason to have the second split. I was implying that LoZ/AoL should be on the same timeline, in the same dimension as the titles you have opposite to it. Nothing I said implied that I believe LoZ/AoL is in a different dimension. I honestly have no idea why you have a second split. My best guess is you have the second split because of the time traveling in MM like there was in OoT. The only reason OoT splits is because other games reference the 2 sides of the OoT split. There is nothing to back up the idea of MM splitting into 2 timelines. The creators have never confirmed any split other than the OoT split and it just makes the timeline much messier than it needs to be. Just keep one split or you will keep getting people who don't take your timeline idea seriously.

P

Pablo

Ok, ill be the one to ask. Why in the name of Ganons little pig tail does MM create a split in the timeline?

I was playing it the other day, and I was wondering is the Hyruleans are affected by the 3 day loop? If so the child timeline continues on from the ending in which Termina is saved. But then if Termina is destroyed Hyrule surely wouldn't, due to them being in different realities/dimensions/thingys, But would the very fact that they are in different realities negate this?

Yeah, I don't understand the double split. Also, OoX should not be a direct sequel to anything. In OoX, when Link meets Zelda she introduces herself to him. If OoX is a direct sequel of LA which you also have as a direct sequel of ALTTP, then Link should already have plenty knowledge of who Zelda is and vice versa. The fact that she introduces herself to Link in OoX is proof enough that it is a new Zelda and a new Link.

If you take the second split off and put LoZ/AoL at the end of the child timeline then that's more or less what my timeline is.

It wasn't meant to be a direct sequel, I must have mistyped :embarrassed:, as for LoZ and AoL at the end of the CT, Ganon is dead as of the end of the CT so far, [Dead in ALttP, then Revived and Killed in OoX]. And then miraculasly alive at the beginning of LoZ, Also that Ganon hasn't the Trident. ALthough it is certainly pig Ganon, so may be he does have the Trident :S

Are you saying that LoZ/AoL take place in the alternate dimension?

No, in fact I'm not to sure about them at all, they never seem to fit properly in any timeline. Most certainly due to the fact that they were made without care or planning of a timeline.

How the hell did you come to the conclusion that I was implying that LoZ/AoL are in a different dimension? All I said is that I don't understand why you have a second split. There is absolutely no need/reason to have the second split. I was implying that LoZ/AoL should be on the same timeline, in the same dimension as the titles you have opposite to it. Nothing I said implied that I believe LoZ/AoL is in a different dimension. I honestly have no idea why you have a second split. My best guess is you have the second split because of the time traveling in MM like there was in OoT. The only reason OoT splits is because other games reference the 2 sides of the OoT split. There is nothing to back up the idea of MM splitting into 2 timelines. The creators have never confirmed any split other than the OoT split and it just makes the timeline much messier than it needs to be. Just keep one split or you will keep getting people who don't take your timeline idea seriously.

I was merely throwing out ideas. Even I don't take it seriously. You are correct in you presumption of the split, but may I just point out the OoT split wasn't recognised until TWW

TL;DR :- The second split is due to time travelling in MM, and i put it in there to solve the fact that LoZ/AoL have not got any place in the Timeline that is foolproof.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
TL;DR :- The second split is due to time travelling in MM, and i put it in there to solve the fact that LoZ/AoL have not got any place in the Timeline that is foolproof.

LoZ/AoL are canon which means they have to go on the timeline. Split timelines are VERY tricky, and if there was a split after MM then we would have that information by now. There are plot holes all over the series no matter what your timeline is so you shouldn't worry so much about one instance where Ganon is magically revived without explanation. There are much bigger things to worry about.

Also, I was wrong about my own placement. I put LoZ/AoL after ALTTP/LA and then I put OoX after LoZ/AoL, so it would look something like this...

ALTTP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoX

If you put it that way then it has the least amount of plot holes for Ganon's appearance when he should be daed.

P

Pablo

LoZ/AoL are canon which means they have to go on the timeline. Split timelines are VERY tricky, and if there was a split after MM then we would have that information by now. There are plot holes all over the series no matter what your timeline is so you shouldn't worry so much about one instance where Ganon is magically revived without explanation. There are much bigger things to worry about.

Also, I was wrong about my own placement. I put LoZ/AoL after ALTTP/LA and then I put OoX after LoZ/AoL, so it would look something like this...

ALTTP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoX

If you put it that way then it has the least amount of plot holes for Ganon's appearance when he should be daed.

The split was an idea I chucked out to see what the reaction to it was. As I said a few posts up, simply being in an alternate reality probably makes this split irrelevant. I mean, by the multiple worlds theory [Real life now], every choice we make spawns a multitude of additional worlds, but which ones are we interested in?

I agree that they do have a place, and that they are canon. The problem is that they were made when the timeline was il-thought out, what we really need is a retconned version of both, don't anyone say BSLoZ [& BSALttP]because from what I heard these completely changed from the stories of their original games. However not being Japanese, I have never played them, as such I wouldn't know.

As an additional note; I quite like that chronology.

TL;DR :- Don't be lazy! It wasn't that long!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

THIS.

That double split is a bit obnoxious.
The CT works perfect this way:

MM--TP--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA--LoZ/AoL--OoX

P

Pablo

THIS.

That double split is a bit obnoxious.
The CT works perfect this way:

MM--TP--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA--LoZ/AoL--OoX

If anything, going purely on Ganondorfness, which I am. It would be

MM--TP--FS/FSA--LoZ/AoL--ALttP/LA--OoX

Because Ganondorf dies in ALttP, If ya put it before that then its still alive. But bestial, and LttP Ganondorf isn't, IIRC.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Nah...

If you payed attention, ALttP specifies that it was Ganondorf who stole the triforce and not Ganon, so LoZ and AoL cannot be before ALttP

P

Pablo

But you can't say the CT works perfectly your way, after all Ganon suddenly comes alive between ALttP and LoZ. Although I think we have to accept that due to the fact LoZ/AoL were made a long time ago, before the timeline as a whole was imagined, the timeline is bound to have holes.

P

Pablo

Yeahh =/, Another thing I don't understand is why everyone thinks MC is at the beginning. Sure, he got a hat. But what other reasonings are there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom