• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Corona Virus- Is your country safe?

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
ZD Legend
NBA season has been cancelled as well. Damn.
And basically every sport in North America has followed suit and suspended or cancelled their season/tournament. It's crazy how everything's unfolded over the past 24 hours. It's definitely gotten more a lot more real since yesterday.

MapelSerup

Prepared for Anything
ZD Champion
NCAA tournament was cancelled. Tons of schools, including mine. Panic shall ensue as I sit at home next week and play Animal Crossing. I hope they reschedule tournaments though because my team was pretty good this year and last year.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

The Devil's Advocate
ZD Champion
Given the United States' poor level of testing and our president's own inaccurate statements regarding the spread of the virus, I sure don't feel comfortable.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Every event has been cancelled over here. Everything seems to be locked down. It's very close to home now. Two small villages next to us have infectees. So yeah we're very aware of the risks

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Staff member
Classes are online for the next three weeks, and I have heard from a few of my friends who work for the university that it's very possible that they remain that way for the duration of the semester.

Yay, senior year

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
ZD Champion
While it's not something to be taking lightly it's definitely over hyped by the media. People who are stocking up on toilet paper, and bottled water are just playing themselves. Just be mindful of yourself...

Spiritual Mask Salesman

~ Deus' Pug Smuggler ~
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Site Staff
Yesterday Spring Break started, and last night we learned that when Spring Quarter starts back up it will be purely online classes for the remainder of it. This is the first real change for me that I've felt due to this pandemic, aside from my grocery stores being out of stock of certain things.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The thing that concerns me the most about this "pandemic" isn't so much the virus itself, but the reaction to it. People's response has been to bring society to a screeching halt - all in a matter of hours. We might not even ever know if all these measures will have an effect on preventing transmission. If it turns out that the contagion and death rate is not much worse than the annual flu, then was it because of containment efforts or because the virus wasn't as aggressive after all? But our response has already caused disruption and damage to the economy and people's lives. At least none of it will be lasting and most of it amounts to minor inconveniences at best. Besides, it's certainly all worth it if it saves even one life.

I suppose it could be better to be safe than sorry, but in the end it very well could be that we did more damage to ourselves than the virus ever could.

In the future, however, given the nature of our response, I have to wonder how much damage we could be convinced to do to ourselves on just the word of a deadly pathogen alone.

Mellow Ezlo

Po-Tay-Toes
ZD Champion
It's definitely not as bad in Canada as it is in some other countries, but we've still had enough hundreds of cases for it to be a problem. Businesses are closed all over the place, I got laid off from my job, lost several upcoming gigs, and like others the remainder of my semester is to be online. This pandemic is causing social and economic effects the like of which I have never seen, and it hasn't really slowed down all that much. It's pretty eery to see grocery store shelves empty and half as many vehicles on the road.

It finally reached here officially the other night, I believe the population is rather top heavy in terms of age so that's always a worry. I don't think it'll likely cause too many long term problems though, most of the work here is finance based so should be able to sustain through it.

The UK used to be safe. And it even looked like we could handle it, but then panic set in and the government was pretty slow to act.

Now we're on lockdown and going outside could get us fined or arrested.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
National governments shut it all down, quarantine all the things, be like,

Giri

தமிழன்டா!
ZD Legend
As we are aware, only important services are being provided. In here even though the government asked bar goers to maintain social distancing, they didn't seem to follow it so they eventually hadshut all TASMAC bars. Now, unlike private bars TASMAC bars are run by the government so it is easily accessible by economically weaker sections of the society. Shutting down all the bars suddenly caused withdrawal symptoms and at one point alcoholics started to commit suicide.

This is another concerning case

Secondly, I seriously advice all the believers or monotheists or whatever. Please avoid religious gatherings during this time. The virus would only probably spread more instead of the expected "miracle" .
Recently a religious gathering had been held in Delhi and LOTS of people participated in it. The meeting was held by a group called Tablighi Jamaat.
The cases in my state literally DOUBLED as a result. I was feeling safe till day before yesterday but now, look at this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom