• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Controlling Other Things

What are your thoughts about the Topic?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it

• No answer/never played

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
In Wind Waker, we were able to control Medli and Seagulls. In other games, we got to do the same thing, but with different characters/objects/whatever.

Did you like that? What are your thoughts about control of other things?

Ninja

Well well well
I don't mind it, it's cool with me.

Other characters being playable in any way is refr rushing and most of the time it's used to solve puzzles. It would be cool to experience playing as a character completely for a part of a dungeon, or switching between them and Link when the need arises.

This may have been done already but having the character with their own sets of weapons and skulls to fight would be awesome. I suppose we have Hyrule Warriors though.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I think it's morally reprehensible! Taking over someone else's brain?! We all have lives to live, and we feel safe knowing no one else can make decisions for us. Nowadays technology is just taking things too far! So what if it's just seagulls? They're living things too! Where do we draw the line, I ask you?

What if someone took control of your mind and flew you into a garbage disposal? What then?!?!

MW7

I like that it adds another dynamic to puzzle solving. I thought it was the best thing about Spirit Tracks. In Wind Waker it was one of many things done well. There can be unique puzzles that otherwise wouldn't exist.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I guess it's not the worst idea from a gameplay standpoint. Not certain what use it would have in a Zelda game. yeah, yeah, I know the half dozen or so Zelda games that do this but honestly they're all my least favorite. Even the dominion rod in TP was like "Wut? Why is this a thing I used it like twice and only because I had to!" They could have done more with it maybe like use it to charm enemies to fight for you or just straight up do a Kirby/Mario (everybody knows Mario is just ripping off Kirby now, right?) and possess and fight as enemies for a bit. That'd be cool. Think Majora's Mask transformation masks except for every enemy in the game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I like it. One of the things I have always loved about The Wind Waker is the ability to control other characters, and it's something that I wish they explored more in future games.

That being said, of course, I wouldn't want them to overuse it. TWW does it almost perfectly in the Earth Temple, the main thing I would fix is how tedious it is to switch back-and-forth between characters, so I would want that to be fixed. Majora's Mask experimented with it a bit with Kafei, but you only play as him for a total of about 40 seconds, so I'd like to see where they can take that kind of thing.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to possess enemies. This could open a world of new gameplay opportunities, as long as it was used in a way that it wouldn't get stale and boring quickly like a lot of gimmicks in Zelda tend to. I suppose you could say the ability to control Phantoms in Spirit Tracks is a start to this idea, I would just like to see them use it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom