• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Contest: Zelda Movie Trailer

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Hello everybody. It's Lamentizer here with something that will blow your mind! After seeing the Wii U Tech Demo, the Ocarina Of Time 3DS Trailer, and the Majora's Mask 3D (Tech Demo) Trailer, I decided to make my own trailer. But then I thought, why not hold a contest on the forums. So here it is.

The rules are as follows:
1. Make a trailer for an upcoming Zelda movie.
2. The trailer must be between 1 and 5 minutes in length.
3. Use whatever means necessary to film it.
4. It can be based on a game, or an original idea by you.

These are the categories that will be judged:
1. Stop-Motion Animation (SMA)
2. Live Action (LA)
3. Computer Generated Image (CGI)
4. Actual Game Footage (AGF)

If you want to join, then just leave a post saying so. That way I know about how many people are participating, instead of thinking that one or two people are.

There will be four winners in each category (third place, second place, first place, grand prize). The winning videos will be put in a download Link to share with all of Hyrule, Termina and the surrounding lands.

You can use any movie-program you want. Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, etc.

The dead line is on April 5th 2013 at 12:00 midnight (that being the 5th going into the 6th). Two months. That's a lot of time. You can send me your videos after the deadline, but they will not be judged.

When you send me your trailer to be judged, you need to send me the video named in this format. The brackets are where you fill out the information:
ZD Movie Trailer Contest, [your name], [game based on], [title], [type].extension
Example: ZD Movie Trailer Contest, Mases, Skyward Sword, Saving Fi, [LA].mp4

If it's based on an original idea by you, here is the format:
ZD Movie Trailer Contest, [your name], original, [title], [type].extension
Example: ZD Movie Trailer, Caleb, original, [The Sages' Dream], [AGF].mp4

For the "types" part of the title, use the capital letters in the judging category: SMA, LA, CGI, AGF.

If you want to send an updated version, maybe because you think your first version just sucks, you can. Just add "Update" at the beginning.
Example: Update ZD Movie Trailer, Axel The Beast, The Wind Waker, [], [SMA].mp4

Any movies that do not follow the name format will be judged, but will be categorized as to what I see it to be.
Example: A video says The Legend Of The Lost Woods.wmv. This will be judged by what I see in it. If the person used stop-motion but it looks lile CGI, I will catagorize it as CGI.

I'll put up my email address when it gets closer to the dead line. To be specific, two weeks before the deadline. It will be located under the "rules" and "catagories" list. After the deadline, it will be a week before the winners are announced.

I wish I could hand each winner a prize, but that that cannot happen. But if I could, here is what the prizes would be
Third Place: A free Zelda T-shirt and lunch box.
Second Place: Meet Mases and Caleb.
First Place: One Zelda game signed by Miyamoto & the complete collection of Zelda Topps cards.
Grand Prize: All the Zelda games signed my Miyamoto himself & any Nintendo system of your choice.

But what I can do is this: The Grand Prize winner will be sent a small preview of my Majora's Mask E3 2000 Trailer Remake (in 1080p). Afterwords, when even I finish it, it will be available for download in its own separate thread.

If I think of anything to add to the rules, categories, etc. I'll post it here, so check back a least once or twice a week.

Good luck to everyone.

[insert useless copyright information that nobody will ever read, so why bother typing it?]

Please don't cheat. Don't use someone's YouTube video. Cheating is so uncool. Now, you can use and edit someone's Zelda walkthrough footage if you choose. Just give them credit at the end of the trailer.

If this contest goes well, I'll hold another contest of some sort later on.

Last edited:

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Good, I'll add your name to an entry list. I look forward to seeing your work. Good luck.

Might be the wrong place for such a thread

I thought about where to enter this thread, but here seemed like the right place. If need, I'll have it changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom