• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Consequences for Our Actions

Salem

SICK
In the original Zelda second quest, you have to pay up some of the old men repair damage if you blow up the door to their cave, which does't make sense, because apparently their trapped in their(which is another issue entirely:kirby:)

Starting from Alttp, there's the cucco revenge squad, in La, even a fox attacks you if you hit it, also there's the shop keeper that freaking KILLS you if you steal from him, and everyone else in town catches own to you and starts calling you THEIF from the rest of the game.

In WW, you have pay the rich guy money if you break his pots.

Would you want more actions in the game, not necessary related to combat or the main game, that when taken, result in a revenge from animals or townsfolk? Or do you just want to break pots freely or something?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd love more of these sort of things, kind of make micromanaging your rupees even more worthwhile. I think they should especially start happening with pots; I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone would let some kid just start bashing their pots in...

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
It would be a great throw back if you could rob from shops in Zelda U and be called a Thief for the rest of the game.
Just cause he's a hero doesn't mean he doesn't have quick fingers.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I'd love to see that in a modern game, specially in something like Ocarina of time. I used to go tho the sidechamber in CastleTown, break all the jars, step out and back in, and break them again -and the guard kept encouraging me!

i would have been very poor in that game if they made me pay...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Oh darn, I was thinking this was going in a different direction. Like if you are defeated in a boss battle that doesn't get re-written and changes the plot of the story entirely. Or like if you fail a rescue mission that guy stays dead and you have to live with the shame of failure. Oh well.

Back to the topic at hand: Sure, that sounds fun. They've been implementing this sort of thing more frequently in the series, and I'd like them to continue this progress.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Oh darn, I was thinking this was going in a different direction. Like if you are defeated in a boss battle that doesn't get re-written and changes the plot of the story entirely. Or like if you fail a rescue mission that guy stays dead and you have to live with the shame of failure. Oh well.

Now, THAT I would like to see. It would obviously be a nightmare to program for Nintendo, but a game with, say, 8 important missions and another 8 sidequests, all of them where you could either success or fail, and this would change the ending of the game (from YOU HAVE DEFEATED EVIL - EVERYONE IS HAPPY, to GANONDORF IS DEAD - BUT SO IS HALF OF HYRULE'S POPULATION, to A CUCCO WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER HERO OF TIME THAN YOU - GO ROT IN SOME DUNGEON).

Ability to make mistakes and live with them? Possibility of mass slaughter? Characteres you care in real danger? YES, PLEASE.

Better yet, future installments could include a sort of Reputation system in which there are consequences to such actions as breaking pots and whatnot, all the while having the ability to redeem oneself in the end and avoid being called a "thief" or what have you. If anything, however, this would only be side content, and not a MAIN component of the plot—big no-no.

I love to make the other characters mad! I've been playing through Skyward Sword, and in Skyloft at night, you can go to this antique house near the graveyard and she says not to break any of her valuable items, so being a trouble maker, I rolled and knocked them all down, and she charged me 20 rupees. And if you keep on breaking her stuff, she keeps on adding even more money, the second time is 30 rupees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom