• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Connections with animals

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
This is a really interesting thing that I've been thinking about recently. See, with all the stuff going on in my life I've been spending a lot more time with my cat. It's not that I didn't spend a lot of time with her before but ever since I moved into my own room she's been hanging out with me in my room almost all day. She wants out about the time I go to bed so she can get food and use the litter box etc. as I don't have any of that in my room. But like, she really hasn't tried to hang out with anyone else unless they've been in my room.

I got Eevee for my 19th birthday and honestly she's one of the greatest birthday gifts I've ever received. From the time she was a kitten I spent as much time with her as I could. I trained her to be a shoulder cat which sometimes I regret because of how big she's gotten. I love Eevee. She's my cat. But there have been several times in my 3 years with her that made one of my roommates make the statement "She really loves you." I never really thought about those times until recently. It seems like whenever she's hanging out with someone else, the second I get home or come into the room she's in, she leaves that person and comes straight to me. It's usually followed by the person she was hanging out with saying "She really loves you."

Maybe it's just an empathy thing right now but there really does seem to be a connection there with us. She osn't coming to me because I'm just the food giver or anything like that. It seems she's coming to me because she genuinely wants to spend time with me. Every morning I wake up and if she isn't in my room for whatever reason, she's right outside the door waiting for me to wake up. She doesn't leave the room unless I do, and when she does she follows me wherever I go and then comes right back down to my room with me. Most of the time she's down here it's in my lap or on my shoulders or laying next to me in bed. And it's weird but I feel some kind of connection with her too. And it's always kind of been there but it just feels stronger than ever recently.

So I'm curious about what you guys think about things like this? Do you think that you can be somehow spiritually connected to the animal or animals in your life? Is it maybe some kind of genetic thing that could make that kind of a bond? What do you think makes an animal form this kind of bond? Eevee has been one of the few things in my life keeping me sane right now. I don't feel as alone when I'm with her and while she does get in the way sometimes or tries to get my attention a little too often, I love it and I love her. I don't know how or why this bond with her really formed. I'm not upset about it at all. I'm just curious to know what you guys think about possible spiritual or mental or emotional connections with animals and how they may form.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It depends on the animal. Doggos tend to like me and so do cats.

Deer on the other hand think it is ok to kick me in the eye. ****ing bastards.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I have an amazing connection with my youngest cat. I won't go into details because its a long story but it's covered in the first entry of my blog. I love all three of my cats but he is a special case and my connection with him is the best feeling I have ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom