• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Confirmed: Wii U Cover Art LEAKED!

wii-u-boxart-192x250.png

The Wii U box art we posted up yesterday looked mighty real, especially considering it was spotted at multiple retailer sites with multiple variations. A number of the box shots were of Ubisoft games, so GameTrailers contacted the publisher for comment.

Ubisoft PR man Michael Beadle said, “Why yes, the Wii U box art you sent is legit; in fact, it’s too legit to quit.”

Confirmed: Wii U Box Art Spotted at Retailer Sites is the Real Deal | GenGAME

ORIGINAL POST by chrisplushado

full article here
So basically Amazon accidentally uploaded these photos for the Wii U versions of games, or something like that.
gaming_wii_u_leaked_box_art_1.jpg

Just-Dance-4-WiiU.jpg

wii_u_box_art2.jpg

Last edited:
I actually saw this information on IGN. As of now the leak so to speak is unconfirmed by Nintendo. The cover design is reminiscent of that of the Gamecube with the system logo on top. In fact the very same arch is formed:

images

I very much enjoyed that cover design and would be pleased if Nintendo returned to the same aesthetic. Perhaps it's also a throwback in the sense that while continuing to cater to all walks of gamer much like the original Wii, Nintendo's first venture into the HD market will bring plenty of grittier "hardcore" experiences for the traditional gamer along the lines of Gamecube's software lineup. Only time can tell.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Those are just concept covers, not nessicarily the final version. I myself also noticed that GameStop uploaded those onto their website. This isn't really a leak, just a preview, so to speak.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I saw this snippet of news over at ZeldaInformer last night, and I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised if this is the true boxart for the Wii U. I initially loved the GameCube boxart for whatever reason while initially detesting the Wii boxart for...whatever reason. Returning to my beloved would be a smooth transition, but I do have one minor complaint: the blue color seems to throw off everything else.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Gotta say, it's interesting that they return to a former design, rather than aim for a new one. But I've always liked the Gamecube's logo being at the top of a game case; it stands out just a little bit and doesn't interfere with the cover art. In my opinion Nintendo made a smart move with going back to that boxart design. Although I agree that the blue is a little offsetting, it'll still fit in well with moderate colors. A darker array of artwork colors, on the other hand? Eeeeeh, the blue will definitely stand out, but it shouldn't decide how well the game plays.

Altogether, though, I think the Wii still had better conformity on the cover.

skyward-sword-boxart-thumb-250x348.jpg
ZeldaWindWakerGCNCoverArtUS_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The leak is still unconfirmed, however IF this turns out to be legitimate I will be happy, since I was very worried they would recycle the wii box design which I never really liked, it would also further confuse people over whether Wii U is a new console or not.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
It looks great! I can't wait to get the Zelda game for Wii U. I get its gonna be really fun, and I bet the graphics will be fabulous. :party:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom