• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Confirmed Locales

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
This thread is for putting together all the places we know about in Skyward Sword, from trailers and demos of the game.

Forest

Confirmed to be the first place Link goes to in the land below the clouds, this is the area that was featured in the E3 2010 demo. The features of the forest are, the sky temple, A large tree situated in the middle of the forest, and an access point to the siren world.

tumblr_lgjmmmr4ow1qgb1o5o1_500.jpgblob.jpgss_siren02.jpg

Sky Temple

The first dungeon in the game, as confirmed by Bill Trinen and many other Nintendo reps. A portion of the dungeon was playable at E3 2011. The dungeons puzzles suggest that the dungeons item is the new beatle. It's boss is Ghirahim, also confirmed by Bill Trinen. It (and the following fire temple) uses a gold sculpture instead of Big/Boss keys.

14wgf1l.jpg29846900_jpeg_preview_large.jpg

Fire temple

We have seen a lot of this temple/dungeon, though we haven't heard anything from the dev. team about it. It features many statues and effidgys on the walls and around the temple, it has a puzzle were Link jumps on a boulder and navigates around pools of lava, and (as previously mentioned) it features the golden sculpture instead of a boss key. Features Bomb flowers.

Ok, you turn! Post different areas in the game that we have seen including description on features, and also if possible some photos. :D

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
A desert area, a factory-temple like area, Skyloft of course. These are confirmed through trailers and information. Don't forget Death Mountain, home of the Mogmas.

I speculate for there to be a water temple because the water in this game is transparent, and transparent water means water temple.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Fire Temple is usually the second temple in any Zelda game. There seems to be some-sort of Color Dungeon, or perhaps it's stuck in time like the Temple of Time in TP. Who knows, nintendo could very well be making extream dungeons that are challenging, but fun to explore. Most peple just want to get the dungeon over with-get the item-kill the boss-Save hyrule or someplace covered in twilight. . .(TP reference there, just finished the game. . .again. . .)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, how 'bout the sky?

Sky
The sky contains many floating islands, such as Skyloft (the only one truly known at this point). The sky is said to work like the Great Sea of The Wind Waker, meaning we will use Link's bird to fly to different islands in the sky (which probably means some dungeons in the sky).
Sky.jpgSky 2.jpg

Skyloft
Skyloft is one of the many islands in the sky, and is home to Link and Zelda. It houses a knight-training boarding school of which students, each with his/her own bird, attend. There is a ceremony where each (apparently male) student tries to get a Bird Statue from the clutches of a golden bird. It seems that the winner gets to ride across the sky with Zelda and becomes graduates into a Knight. Skyloft also has a monumental statue to its guardian goddess, who has a whale/fish servant that saves Zelda after she and Link were thrown off of their birds by a tornado whipped up by a character named Ghirahim.
Skyloft.jpgSkyloft goddess statue.jpgSS Whale.jpg

Last edited:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
We already know about the Sky/Wind Temple. I think it might work like the City in the Sky from TP, but without all the Occoa (or however you spell it)

I noticed that the "Fire Temple" is chinese themed.

Screen%20Shot%202011-07-23%20at%204.28.01%20AM.png

(a chinese dragon shaped golden statue)

And inside the lava dungeon there are chinese themed stuff all over the place, meaning that this door is for that dungeon. Which is weird, first I was certain that the fire dungeon would be inside the mountain area, like in TP. But now I'm not so sure.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
And inside the lava dungeon there are chinese themed stuff all over the place, meaning that this door is for that dungeon. Which is weird, first I was certain that the fire dungeon would be inside the mountain area, like in TP. But now I'm not so sure.

Hm. Yes, I think I already figured that the Golden Sculpture would fit the dungeon, but that's a very interesting observation. Maybe this is the area with the Mogmas, maybe it's not. Whatever it is, I'm assuming that dungeon isn't in Death Mountain. Just my take.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have some pictures but I found allot of areas hard to name

Skyloft
Apart from the Sky temple is the only place we actually know the official name for and as you probably already know Skyloft is a floating island in the sky where link and Zelda both come from and live in this game
skyloft.jpg

Colour change place(this is not the official name)
There is this place which appears to be brown,old and in ruins, but by hitting a stone which has a similar pattern on it to the sheikah eye the area comes to life and vibrant colours can be seen and broken statues and pipes are restored as well as rupees appearing. Perhaps this stone has the ability to turn the area back to a time when it once looked like this.
colour change place.jpg

Gerudo Desert?
There is a desert area which may or may not be the Gerudo desert. I hope it is, and events there could explain why ganon shows up in Ocarina of time. Perhaps Koume and Kotake were alive back then and will play a part in Skyward sword.
desert land.jpg

I don't know what to call this place but it is very brown in colour and there is a pipe in the background, there are also pipes in the colour changing area perhaps they are the same place but different areas. Another possibility is because of the brick walls this is part of the mechanical temple we see in the GDC trailer.
gleok land.jpg

Again we have something we have never seen before in a zelda game, but it looks great! You get to ride in a cart through a very beautifully lit corridor. Actually I just watched the E3 trailer again and when the stone is hit in the colour change place this exact cart appears so I now believe that this is the same temple.
superfuncartland.jpg

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Again we have something we have never seen before in a zelda game, but it looks great! You get to ride in a cart through a very beautifully lit corridor
View attachment 15357

This last one. Look at the statues to the side. I believe this is the place where we will fight Ghirahim on that Shima Statue. They don't exactly look the same, but I think it's probably that dungeon. The setting does look like it, though. I'm guessing that screenshot is the same place as the "technology dungeon" from the GDC trailer, as well.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This last one. Look at the statues to the side. I believe this is the place where we will fight Ghirahim on that Shima Statue. They don't exactly look the same, but I think it's probably that dungeon. The setting does look like it, though. I'm guessing that screenshot is the same place as the "technology dungeon" from the GDC trailer, as well.
I now believe that the corridor with the cart is the same dungeon as my unofficially named colour change place and I have amended my original post. If you look below the cart in my screenshot then you can see bricks like in the ''technology dungeon'' so all my screenshots apart from the desert and skyloft could be the same place.

The train with the statues place is the same as the change color place (when you change the colors you activate that train).

I believe that there are only 3-4 areas+dungeons pair shown so far:

Forest+Sky Temple
Mountain+Chinese Fire Dungeon
??? + train/change color/techy dungeon
desert + ??? dungeon.

I believe that the snow portions area are from the tech dungeon (the cold blue coloring suggests it), and the 4-armed boss is from the fire dungeon (he has a chinese dog emblem on both sides of his chests).

Oh, it is? Wait, how do you know?
It's the same train that is near the mysterious stone. The colors of the changing colors scenario match exactly the train that goes in the statues corridor. I doubt that they would reuse it like that in different dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom