• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Confirmed - It's Possible to Beat the Game Right Away

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Y'all weren't complaining about this before even though this is how they've been marketing it from the start (at least, I haven't seen you say anything about it). And @Lozjam pointed out that the Master Sword isn't always the only thing necessary to beat Ganon. I'm not saying you can't disagree with it, I'm saying I didn't think you fully grasped the point of the game, based on what you were saying.
If you read my OP you'll see I thought the original marketing was just a poor translation because it wasn't this explicit.

Jamie

There is no master sword in Zelda 1. It's called ther magical sword.
No sword runs of Zelda 1 always fail right at Ganon because you need the sword to hit him nefore you use the silver arrow.
A no Sword run of Zelda is said to be complete when you reach Ganon.

In ALTTP, the level 2 sword is the master sword. Level 3 and 4 are just upgrades. I believe you have to get the Master Sword to progress the gsame in ALTTP.
Well if you read my damn post you'd notice I said that you don't have a master sword in Zelda I.

Even with the Master Sword he's still sealed away in most games.
Not IN the sword. Perhaps light/silver arrows are another method because they are blessed by the gods but normal **** I isn't good enough.

Jamie

Whether it's inside the sword itself or not isn't the point. He's still sealed away most of the time in one way or another.
It does. The Four Sword also has special properties which allows things to be sealed inside it. The Master Sword is the only one that can effectively defeat Ganon.

What if you accidentally trigger an endgame cutscene while just goofing around because you venture too close to wherever the event takes place? Say I'm dicking around setting grass on fire near the castle where ganon is and now I have to fight him and beat the game and can't back out

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
What if you accidentally trigger an endgame cutscene while just goofing around because you venture too close to wherever the event takes place? Say I'm dicking around setting grass on fire near the castle where ganon is and now I have to fight him and beat the game and can't back out
*accidently burns Ganon alive while he's sealed inside the castle*

13264342.jpg

They actually said "You can go right to the final boss within 20 minutes or so, but you'll probably get killed" or something along those lines.

Jamie

I don't think it's that easy. I imagine there are a couple things you'd have to do beforehand, like you'd likely have to be aware of how to unlock the fight before you do it.

Tibari

Rinkuji
They actually said "You can go right to the final boss within 20 minutes or so, but you'll probably get killed" or something along those lines.
You heard it in Japanese? Because the english translation is near from what you said, without the 20 minutes

Night Owl

~Momentai
Even worse, what if u set so much grass on fire that it spreads to Hyrule Castle and burns down the place killing ganon in the process? You'd just be off picking apples and then bam the credits would roll and you wouldn't even know why. I think I'm gonna cancel my preorder now.
I can understand why you'd be hesitant to burn down your cousins the Koroks accidentally. However I doubt that you can burn down Hyrule Castle on accident. Grass fires don't melt stone blocks.

I really think it would take at least a little planning to be able to pull of an apple-picking, briefs-wearing, firebrand-wielding, kamikaze Ganon run. I doubt many could pull that off on the first play through.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
But, aside from The Legend of Zelda, where the concept of the Master Sword wasn't even a thing (although I always considered it as the Master Sword, in my headcanon), you need the Master Sword to beat the game, regardless. You can't defeat Agahnim without the Master Sword, for example. So you kind of do need the Master Sword. Just sayin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom