• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Confirmed - It's Possible to Beat the Game Right Away

Tibari

Rinkuji
I don't know why every website continue to mispread this info... And if we include the cinematics it's impossible to get to Hyrule Castle within 15 minutes, even if there was a way to get out of the Plateau without the paraglider. Link is slow.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yeah...... Um.:.. You jumped the gun there.

Aonuma said 1 day, not 10 minutes.

Which I mean. You cannot leave the plateau before you complete 4 entire shrines. That will take maybe at the least 2 hours. Then there is going to Hyrule Castle itself, which will also take likely a least an hour or two.

I mean, you can likely go to final boss right away... But you are going to get demolished. You have to go through whole slews of guardians with no weapons to actually guard yourself with, and everything will completely one shot you.

How can a person beat the final boss without the Master Sword? That is just ridiculous. It's Ganon who shouldn't be able to be defeated with normal weapons. Why would they pussify him like that?

I also hate the fact the story is going to be optional. What is the point in doing it, or completing any dungeons if you dont need to? Usually the things you get during the main story are actually required for you to complete the game. If you can just go and save the world with a boko spear then it just makes it all seem a bit pointless.

I think you are missing the point of the game. You are free to go where you want, and you going to the final boss when you feel like that adds to it. If you consider what the final boss is, a prisoned entity around the castle, it makes sense you can go and fight the dude. There will be a huge story to uncover, but the final boss won't actively take a part in it. You just learn where he comes from.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yeah...... Um.:.. You jumped the gun there.

Aonuma said 1 day, not 10 minutes.

Which I mean. You cannot leave the plateau before you complete 4 entire shrines. That will take maybe at the least 2 hours. Then there is going to Hyrule Castle itself, which will also take likely a least an hour or two.

I mean, you can likely go to final boss right away... But you are going to get demolished. You have to go through whole slews of guardians with no weapons to actually guard yourself with, and everything will completely one shot you.
I read the literal article. I didn't jump ****. I think it's completely fair to read an article and extrapolate information from it.

Either way, you can do it without doing the story.

And no, you aren't going to get demolished. I defeated plenty of Zelda bosses including incredibly challenging ones like Onox without any upgraded equipment and without getting hit. It's very possible.

Night Owl

~Momentai
So you can get to Ganon and potentially beat him in 10-15 min (if you have mad skills.) But you can't 100% the game in under a week.

I think the point is to showcase that the world is completely free to be explored as the player chooses. However, I doubt that the route straight to ganon will be an easy one. And I doubt that route will be clear to the player if they don't have a guide or haven't played it before.

My guess is, if you follow the main quests you'll probably get most if not all of the story with maybe a few details hidden off the main path. I think the developers knew that not everyone is going to want to explore and would have a path of quests through the game for them. For people on the main path, the story might be the least disjointed.

Of course, if A Link Between Worlds is any indication, the developers can have a cohesive story and still have events in pretty much any order.

It says you can get to the boss right away, but won't be able to defeat him because you won't have the proper arsenal of weapons.

Might this also tie into the other ending the game has?

If it triggers when youve done enough in the game then surely going to Ganon first will deny you that ending, i like the idea, it really makes the game your own. I like the idea of 'thinking' youre ready to fight the last boss, almost gives it a sense of intimate realism.

I'll do the full game first but i'm totally gonna use a file to go to Ganon instantly to see how long i last.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
This kind of reminds of me of Majora's Mask, where you can go through the basic story, without even realizing that there are so many sidequests and other things that make the experience even better.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think the point is to showcase that the world is completely free to be explored as the player chooses. However, I doubt that the route straight to ganon will be an easy one. And I doubt that route will be clear to the player if they don't have a guide or haven't played it before.

My guess is, if you follow the main quests you'll probably get most if not all of the story with maybe a few details hidden off the main path. I think the developers knew that not everyone is going to want to explore and would have a path of quests through the game for them. For people on the main path, the story might be the least disjointed.

If it triggers when youve done enough in the game then surely going to Ganon first will deny you that ending, i like the idea, it really makes the game your own. I like the idea of 'thinking' youre ready to fight the last boss, almost gives it a sense of intimate realism.

Exactly. This is how they've been marketing the game since the beginning. The whole point is that your adventure is what you make it. Not sure how that's getting lost on some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom