• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Confirmed! 2nd Circle Pad for 3DS

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
This add-on looks ridiculous. It's a really bad design. I'm gonna pass on it and wait til they release a new 3DS with both circle pads. That's right, I'm calling it. I just hope they make it bigger.

I don't see what everyone has against the new add-on. I mean, be happy it's not a new system (there have been rumours about releasing a 3DS with 2 sticks), it may be bulky, but it looks ergonomic and even though it looks huge in pictures, if you get your 3DS and pretend it's attached then it isn't too big. Also it adds some new shoulder buttons. As said before, it is being made for Monster Hunter tri G, so you don't HAVE to buy it... I personally think it doesn't look too big and even if you do take it out and about, you normally have two pockets, don't you? One for the console and one for the extra. Or you can put it in your bag. Simples.

EDIT: Apparently, it's only an extra 3cm on the 3DS, so that only makes it around 16cm alltogether. The PSVita is 18.5cm. Not that bulky if you ask me.

I would have to agree with this.

If it is an official Nintendo product its only time before its actually designed into future versions of the system... just sayin.

A

Andyjoe

If it is an official Nintendo product its only time before its actually designed into future versions of the system... just sayin.
The topic clearly touched on that point, and proved it to be mute.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/60254265
There has been a lot of hate going around the web for the new second circle pad accessory for the 3DS. Most of it is completely unwarranted in my opinion.
The link I posted above is to a gamefaqs topic that explains why this is a good idea. If you don't feel like clicking it, I'll quote the conclusion of it here. However, I really recommend you read the full topic.

Thanks for your thoughts! Didn't know you were on the forums!

A

Andyjoe

Did my thread get merged with this one? Darn! Now I have to go take something for my bruised ego. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have mixed feelings regarding this second circle pad attachment. While I do like having the option of purchasing this and using it with compatible games, I would not be pleased if it becomes mandatory to play the majority of 3DS games in the future. It would mean that anyone buying a 3DS would now have to purchase this as well to play most games, making for an additional cost in order to really USE the system.

That aside, I do think a second circle pad could assist in controlling certain types of games, as it would allow you to maneuver the camera with one pad while controlling your character with the other. An alternative control scheme would certainly be possible between gyroscopic motion and the D-pad, but I can see how this would make things easier.

I also like the fact that this is being issued as an extension rather than replacement of the 3DS. It means that early adopters can still obtain the new feature, rather than making it exclusive to those who buy a redesigned system.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I thought this would be really bad but now I am seeing the benefits. I get cramps in my hands when I play small portables, this should help with that. One thing that I really want to see is an extra battery inside of the add on, and one thing I don't want to see is the R and L buttons being pushed by another piece of plastic like the Wii Wheel when you push the B button.

FPS Games

I have mixed feelings regarding this second circle pad attachment. While I do like having the option of purchasing this and using it with compatible games, I would not be pleased if it becomes mandatory to play the majority of 3DS games in the future. It would mean that anyone buying a 3DS would now have to purchase this as well to play most games, making for an additional cost in order to really USE the system.

That aside, I do think a second circle pad could assist in controlling certain types of games, as it would allow you to maneuver the camera with one pad while controlling your character with the other. An alternative control scheme would certainly be possible between gyroscopic motion and the D-pad, but I can see how this would make things easier.

I also like the fact that this is being issued as an extension rather than replacement of the 3DS. It means that early adopters can still obtain the new feature, rather than making it exclusive to those who buy a redesigned system.

The question I pose to you is whether or not Nintendo made this attachment for more FPS games to come to Nintendo 3DS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well it is all TBA information for the most part; I haven't heard much of FPS or any kind of Shooter on the 3DS, at least not of late. I expect to see some shooters on the 3DS since this second circle pad clearly makes the 3DS more able to provide the gameplay portion of a shooter on a console, but for now I haven't heard any clear statements.

Actually, if they come out with this in North Amarica, I'd be pretty excited. I'd love to have this add-on to the 3DS, actually, I'd love to have ALL of them! :xd:

Vibed

must read before he posts
The topic clearly touched on that point, and proved it to be mute.

Not necessarily proved to be mute, just conjecture.

I didn't read through the Gamefaq's thread, so sorry if it's been proved, but as shown with WM+ Nintendo's Circle Pad addon WILL be in a redesign. Maybe not soon, but eventually. It just makes too much sense to do so.

As for the addon itself, I'm not too frustrated so long as it remains an addon for a substantial amount of time and is always an optional control scheme.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I don't know what Nintendo was thinking when they released the 3DS without a second circle pad. most modern games require them, and they would have plenty of space to put it. it was an incredibly stupid design choice. The circle pad is a good idea until; they redesign. And they should redesign. i will sell my 3DS for a redesign. Usually, i wouldn't call out game companies, because they're obviously smarter than me, but it was a such a stupid design choice not to include it in the first place. i'ma stupid twelve year old with terrible grades but still.

The circle pad is a good idea until; they redesign. And they should redesign..

Nintendo have confirmed that they won't be making redesigns of the 3DS, anything they want to add to it will be as add-ons because they believe it saves money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom