• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Confidence

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Been thinking about his a lot recently, so I decided to make a thread about it. I believe a big problem a lot of people have (especially teenagers) is a lack of confidence. In every area. Specifically socially is what I've been thinking about. Maybe it's just me, but I really wish I was more confident. Whenever I see a girl on the bus or something I think looks particularly pretty or interesting or cool or something, I always want to talk to them. Even if we never see each other again, I just want to talk. I always regret not doing it, and I wonder why. Whats holding me back? Why am I so scared? I decided to put this to the test and talk to a girl. I had made eye contact multiple times with this beautiful girl, so I went to talk to her. I sat behind her for a few minutes to work up the nerve. Again I wondered why. Eventually I talked to her and it was great and we had a nice conversation. Nothing bad came out of it at all. In fact, it taught me about myself and so I think something good came from it. However, even after this, I still find it hard. Why? It's interesting to think about, as I believe we could all use a bit more confidence. You want to talk to a girl/boy? Go for it! You have feelings for someone? Tell them! Why not? Our brains seem to try to hold us back because we think we're not good enough or something. We need to learn to get over it and go for it. This might be a weir thing to make a thred about, but I fell pretty strongly about it and find it interesting. So now I ask/challenge you-- why not?
What are your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom