• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Concerts and Live Shows

Beeker

Wild Card
Have any of you gone to see a favourite artist/ band? If so, who did you see? How many concerts have you been to? Talk about your concert experiences here!

I've only gone to one concert, but it was a great one. I went to see Rush about a week ago, and they're an awesome band live. The weather was so nice outside too. It was such a fun and goofy night, I loved it.:)

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I've seen my favourite band in concert twice, they're called 'Hadouken!' and they rock!
Among others-
- Chase&Status
- Enter Shikari
- This City
- The King Blues
- Rolo Tomassi
- Unicorn Kid
- Tinie Tempah
- Devlin
- 16Bit
- Flux Pavilion
- Funtcase
- And many other small time Metal bands or Drum&Bass/Dubstep artists plus their MC's.

The majority of the above are English I'm afraid, so as to whether you know them or not may vary!

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I recently went to the Glasgowlands Scottish Festival the next town over has every year. My friend from college brought me to see Enter the Haggis, which is this awesome Celtic rock band from Canada that plays around here all the time. It was probably one of the best shows I've been to; all the fans were super nice and the band played amazingly despite it being extremely hot and lots of sound issues. Next time they're around, I'm definitely going back to see them. I highly recommend giving them a listen sometime. =)

I've also seen Bring Me the Horizon a few times (they're so much better live than recorded. I can hardly listen to metalcore on CD, haha), Attack Attack, Dashboard Confessional, Against Me, Lights, Friday Night Boys, A Cursive Memory, Dave Matthews Band, Dir en grey (which was my first show), Ok Go and tons of local bands since our scene doesn't get enough credit and there's so much hidden talent around here.

And I'm hopefully seeing MGMT but I'm totally broke from the ETH show. Merch is expensive.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Most bands or artists these days rely too much on sound editing. They tend to be terrible live. It's nice when you find one that is actually talented enough to do it in one go without really screwing up, needed for a live performance. It's hard to find one that would be decent in a live performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I don't live in an area where I can easily attend lots of concerts, which is sad. Though to be fair, I could probably go to some if I were to make an effort, but it depends on which acts are nearby and what day of the week the show would be. Often taking off work to drive there and back is not possible.

That being said, my most memorable one was when I lived in Japan and went to Tokyo one weekend to see Rie Fu perform. She is a Japanese singer-songwriter, but at the time was attending university in London, so her songs were a mix of Japanese and English (anime fans may recognize her from Life is like a boat.) I knew I liked her style of music and decided to attend her concert.

It was a bit of an adventure in itself just finding the location (and I still remember the subway's terminal stop being on the third floor of a department store. Is this normal for subways?) Also, while I learned some Japanese while I was over there, I was never great with my listening comprehension. So it's not that I could understand a lot of the non-English lyrics. But I didn't need to understand them to enjoy the music.

My only regret is that I had to leave without attempting to get an autograph, but I'd already noted the time the last bus left and didn't want to risk it. Not really adventurous of me since I could have walked back to the subway station, but it would have taken about thirty minutes and I didn't trust my directional abilities. :( On the bright side the bus driver was very polite to not pull away from the stop when I stood at the timetable with the question "Is this the right one?" probably written all over my face. (It was. The right stop, that is.)

Anyway, it was one of my favorite experiences as I was living there. So all in all I'm glad I went.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I went to see Rush about a week ago, and they're an awesome band live. The weather was so nice outside too. It was such a fun and goofy night, I loved it.:)

You sir are very luck, I have always wanted to see Rush live. Best band out of Canada period, Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee, Neil Peart FTW!!!! :D

I have only saw 2: Whitesnake!
RATT!​

Both where awesome!​

I've seen Motley Crue and Def Leppard, both of whom were amazing. I love hair metal. When I was 14 I TECHNICALLY saw the Monkees, too (only three of them) but they were so far away I couldn't see anything. :(

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have been to several concerts, but my favorite was seeing my favorite band Jars of Clay twice :) I am dying to see them again, since it's been over 6 years since I last saw them live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom