• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Computers

Which OS do you use?

• Windows 1.0 2.0 3.0 3.1 (DOS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 95

• Windows 98

• Windows ME

• Windows 2000 (any version)

• Windows XP (any version)

• Windows Vista (any version)

• Linux

• MacOS 7 8 9

• MacOS X (any version)

• Total voters

Amelie

Air Dancer
Because it uses way more ram then XP and Mac OS X. That laptop model you have is the same one I used to own with the same OS.

I just found Vista to be not much more then a XP and Mac OS X hybrid that used way to much resources ><

Its good that people do seem to like it though. I see its tide with XP ^^

Amelie

Air Dancer
My friends half sister has vista on a dell laptop and she says it runs fine but she has 4 gigs of ram. Most people have 2 or 3 I think so how good her PC runs should not really count. But I think it is true that most of Vistas problems are gone.

My father says XP ran really bad when it first came out... but I was too young to remember I think ^^

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Uhhhh... I'm on Windows XP Media Center.. uhh... 2002 I believe. Yeah, old. I bought the computer in 2007, and it was a 2005 model... I was looking to go cheap. It's not a bad computer. Came with 1 GB of ram, a 250 GB hard drive... uhh, a really crappy graphics card... and some other stuff I don't know, or care about. When I get a decent amount of money, I'm going to build my own super computer, from the ground up, so I can be 1337. :lol:... :dry:

Amelie

Air Dancer
We replaced are desktop home PC with a new 24-inch iMac yesterday ^^

It is not here yet but the specs are this

3.06 GHz intel duo 2 core processor

4GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB Hard drive

ATi Radeon HD 4850 with 512 MB video memory

And it was just $2,249.00

Apples price drop was nice and with that size of screen... its a grabber =O Thats what my father said anyway

Here is some pictures

http://www.forevermac.com/mac systems/24_inch_imac_core_2_duo.jpg

It looks much bigger in person =D

I have a Dell Inspiron 530s...

Intel Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5200 @ 2.5 GHz

4.00GB RAM

19" Monitor

Hard drive(s)
500GB Hard-drive, 500GB Passport external hard drive, 250GB external hard
drive.

OS
Windows Vista Home Premium, although I'm thinking of down-grading to XP, seeing as I like it better.

I also have a Compaq HP Presario V5000 Laptop...

AMD Mobile Sempron

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
384MB of RAM

Hard Drive
67GB
OS
Windows XP Home Edition

Amelie

Air Dancer
That 19 inch monitor must be nice ^^ What screen resolution do you get with it? On my 15 inch Macbook Pro I get 1400x900.

That 19 inch monitor must be nice ^^ What screen resolution do you get with it? On my 15 inch Macbook Pro I get 1400x900.

Yeah, it is really nice. I get 1440x900.

I especially like it when playing games or running programs like Terragen or GIMP alongside other programs. The forums look good on it, too.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Your computers sound very nice! Lots of Hard Drive space.

When the new 500 GB HDD that fits in Macbooks comes out I might get it and put it in my laptop. Even though 250 GB is lots already... you can never have to much Hard drive space =D

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, now I wish I could go back and change my answer, because I now use Ubuntu, a distribution of Linux. Its reliable, it actually has a program where all the applications are on there are listed in an organised catalogue. When they're installed, the applications menu on the top lists programs by their category (Games, Office, Graphics, Accessories). I'll post a picture of how it looks after school. Of course, you could just go onto the Wikipedia article and look at it there.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I remember I really liked Ubuntu when I tried it. Its actually lots like Mac OS X. At least I think so. Thats kind of why I liked it. I didn't keep it though... because I like Mac OS X fine and it came on my computer.

But.. if you have windows and want something new... but dont want to pay for a Mac. I think everyone will agree that you should download Ubuntu! ^^

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
MACBOOK aluminum unibody

MAC OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard)

2gb RAM

250gb HDD

2.4 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

NVidia GeForce 9400M 256mb

On Bootcamp......Windows XP SP3....but I hardly ever use it

connected to:

20" Apple Cinema Display

Apple Keyboard (not the white one....the sexy flat aluminum one ;) )

Generic 2 buttons Kensington mouse lol

Waiting for Snow Leopard!!! :)

Amelie

Air Dancer
Make way for the oldest computer in are house. And yes... it still works.. like new.. I turn it on and use it randomly almost every day! Goes to show Apple really does care about build quality! =D

Apple Macintosh

9 inch screen

128 KB of RAM

Mac OS 2.0 (System software 2.0)

400 KB Hard drive

Processor - Motorola 8 MHz

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
My oldest PC that currently still works somewhat. :P

Pentium 166 MHz processor

64 MB RAM (actually, I'm not sure)

2 GB HDD